1,313 results
All reviews plunge pool cosmos restaurant luxury suite chess board excellent stay needs improvement water sports house keeping pleasant stay walkable distance play area housekeeping staff seafood dosa nice pool front office breakfast spread
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I liked pool ambeince and the entire area was lit up in the dark... the facade had a pleasant aqua and floral mix with fishes all around..quite well maintained i must say.. and the fragrance was surreal..would give a freshness of mood every time i walked in and out, breakfast was quite a spread, filling and delightful, except for the minor delays in room services, its overall worth the money, the highlight being the beach and walk to the waters... Would surely recommend to family and friends...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Aruna S
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Pleasure reading your realistic comment. Gives us the boost to go even further to make the place better & better. Thank you for your time & trouble to put this on record. We hope to have the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This hotel disappointed me and I was happy to stay there only 2 nights before moving to a much nicer hotel in the same area. The web site of the hotel does not represent the reality you will find once you check in. The room was dark, smelly and old and even the pillow cover were either put upside down or were broken. The reception was not friendly at all and despite the fact that we left a credit card guarantee and had 4.5h of jet lag, on our last day they called us in the room at 8:30 am to ask to pay our bill, then called again after 1h to ask to leave the room despite check out time was at 11 and we were trying to sleep until 10. The guests of the hotel were either Indian or Russian, which we didn’t appreciate very much due to noisiness. The spa was the best part of the hotel, as it is modern and well presented, but I was really disappointed when I booked a 30min massage and after 15min the lady said that the time was over. Since I checked the watch just before starting, I was sure that the time was not over and I said that. So she finished the remaining 15min of the massage, but you can imagine how annoying I was by the cheating. The beach in front of the hotel is public and there is no service at all linked to the hotel. There are lot of hotels in the same area and by spending just a bit more we stayed in a truly 5 stars hotel afterwards, which was so much better!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank London1681
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Just like to make a point that this is totally untrue. Even the comment of the spa is absolutely fake.
Besides we have different nationalities staying with us, not just russians & indians.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

My wife and I stayed for just the one night and generally enjoyed it, despite the local elections meaning that alcohol was not permitted to be sold (crazy concept!) Although the Russian family in the room next to ours must have found a method around the problem given the loud party they held (without inviting us - boo!) until the early hours.

The food was very tasty and authentic and the rooms and grounds were clean. This is not a top notch 5 star place but comfy and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Maybe not

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Rustic a nice comment. Thank you for staying with us, though just one night. Trust you will come for wee bit longer holiday. Assure you a great party. Thanks for spending time to put this across.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I checked in to Royal Orchid Beach Resort Goa on 14th Feb 2012 along with my wife, after spending 3 days at a hotel in North Goa. The moment I entered this resort, I could sense that I’ve made the right choice. After 3 hectic days in buzzling North Goa, We needed a serene, relaxing and calm resort to spend some quality time together. Royal Orchid Beach Resort on Utroda Beach offers exactly the same experience. It is a nice, serene and a calm place on a lovely beach with clear white sands.... away from the usual clamor of the north Goa beaches...the resort has a lovely swimming pool, lush green lawn and a mini golf course. Although I missed booking the Royal Suite which has a private pool but even the club rooms are very neat and spacious. Boat Quae Grill on Silver white sands of Urtoda beach shimmering under the moon light, a live band playing some beautiful tunes, gives you a perfect experience of a romantic dinner. I couldn’t have even thought of a better Valentine’s Day that too on my honeymoon. Food in the resort is the best in Goa, Front desk staff has a great customer orientation and are very prompt in their services.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

A great feeling to read your comment this morning. We appreciate your efforts to put this across. It does give us a boost to say," We will serve you even better the next time." Thank you so much & do keep in touch.....Have great day.....

Reviewed 9 March 2012

The location and the pool is the only good thing about the hotel. Rooms were not small but made more inconvenient by poor design. Food was lackadaisical. There was nothing goan about any dish served there. The front desk conveniently forgets any inclusions or promises made in their 'holiday packages' and if you leave it to them you'll be most certainly conned. I had gone with a lot of expectations and felt let down.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
VCSoares, General Manager at Royal Orchid Beach Resort & Spa, Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Assure you this is not the same as of today. There is a vast change. Yet we thank you for your views. It does tell of our achievements. Please get in touch with us & we will offer a special package in the coming days. Thanks once again.