A 10 minute speedboat away from Male meant we were able to get here quickly maximising our time on the island. This also lowered the cost of our holiday overall when compared to a seaplane or domestic flight needed to get to other atolls.
The Jacuzzi Beach Villas are spacious and really beautiful with comfortable beds, two sinks in the bathroom and National Geographic as an English TV Channel option for rainy days.
The snorkelling off the beach is fantastic, such a vast array of marine life some of the best we've seen. Often we'd see day trips come to the reef from other resorts to snorkel locally.
Food options were decent in Sand Bar and Koon Thai restaurants with recognisable western options and tasty curry options including chicken and fish rendang.
Buffet for board options covered most bases with good selection but not sure if they cater well for restricted non diary, gluten free diets.
Wine selection fair starting at 45 USD ++ and cocktails are well made and cost 14 USD ++.
Dive Center on site with a range of water sport activities. Option to do full open water PADI course for 500 USD ++.
Plenty of sun loungers around the island which were comfortable and clean.
Decent gym allowing for a good workout with tennis and badminton courts.
Staff keep the whole island clean and tidy.
No decaf coffee or tea in the villas or herbal alternative.
Two litres of water a day complimentary which is not a lot by anyone's standards given the heat.
No conditioner in the bathroom which I would expect in a high end resort like this.
Limited amenities like razor, comb and the like again expected in a resort of this standing.
No mosquito spray at the restaurants on request, small things like this make a difference. We were bitten quite badly here which is unusual for us given we wear a lot of mosquito repellant.
Staff need health and safety training as spillages at breakfast and dinner were left and those that cut coconuts down from very high up do not clear the area or give a warning to passers by. Twice we were caught out by this so we mentioned it to management that they take more care.
Wifi drops in and out but given where we are this is hardly surprising. Maybe a problem if you wanted to work here given the connectivity issues.
Would prefer daily spin and yoga classes given they have the bikes and mats. In other resorts around the world this is not necessarily charged for either. Given the unpredictable weather these activities would have been appreciated.
Overall a convenient location and good resort with great snorkelling. Room for improvement could step up as a five star resort in a few places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not wishing to rest on the laurels of our existing achievements, Bandos Maldives had in the past year undertaken a major refurbishment project with the intention of transforming ourselves into a hotel that is truly reflective of the times. Careful consideration however, was given at all times to ensure that the old-world refinement for which the island has a reputation remained uncompromised. Under the project, major facelifts have been given to the front desk, lobby areas, shops, restaurants and bars and have furthermore commissioned a new swimming pool and additional accommodation facilities all of which perfectly blend with the island's tropical splendour and give visitors a taste of the Maldivian aesthetic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Bandos Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bandos Island Hotel Bandos
- Bandos Island Resort Maldives
- Bandos Island Maldives
- Bandos Maldives