“Terrible place”

El Templario
Ranked #23 of 72 Restaurants in Latacunga
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I've read on TA they have great beer and coffee. None of them turned out to be true. While the decor and ambience may be ok, the rest was NOT ok. The happy hour is only monday to wednesday. So we start with famous beer. Bartender dressed in sleek attire suggested we try samples first. Good idea, since they also have 1 Litre servings. Out of tree samples only one was drinkable, but not in a good way. Other samples tested like dirty water and spoiled beer diluted with dirty water. We could not even finish samples. We also ordered coffee, since it was supposed to be good. well, it was not. double espresso was just filtered coffee (not concentrated or double in any way) and when I asked bartender if he really made it on espresso machine, he lied to me and say yes. I could not stay in that place any longer, even if we planned to chill out and use WiFi. When we were leaving, I noticed some coffee vessels and coffee filters, making me sure waiter lied into my face.
PLEASE do yourself a favour, DO NOT GO TO THIS HELL of a place

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 28 July 2015

Very cozy place right in the heard of the town. We tried beer, cafe and also some coctails during happy hours and everything was excelent. The only place in the town where they know what really is an espresso. The brew their own beer that really tastes like back home. Coctail were strong and tasty. Definitely recomendable!

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Nothing wrong with the place but I'm not paying central London prices in equador, sorry, latacunga which is hardly a massive tourist hot spot.

Actually I am being a bit harsher than normal because we ordered two white Russian cocktails which were the most expensive we have paid in south America and also the worst.

Date of visit: January 2014
3  Thank Randygit
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

This bar is nice to have a drink. A nice place to chill and hang out. Although the prices are out of range compare to the other bars. The coffee is good and the beer was ok. The cocktails are two for one before 7pm and they have wifi available. All in all a nice place but expensive compare to other places.

Date of visit: September 2013
1  Thank Bas-Sophie
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This is a lovely cafe/ bar which serves snacks and Scrumptious chocolate cake. Great comfortable seating amongst wall paintings of the history of the Knights Templar. It is an oasis of calm to relax and enjoy. The food is great, coffee wonderful and they brew their own delicious beer.

Date of visit: September 2012