Having reviewed this hotel some years ago, was doubtful about returning.but, the lure of the seafood specialities pulled and we spent a three night stay here. The weather was not at all good for the time of year, so we were already a bit miffed! However, this time we made good use of the indoor heated pool, and sauna facilities etc. The gardens that had been under repair the last visit were now in full glory and some refurbishments to the lounge were very pleasant. I have to say that the staff and service were exceptional!
Polite, friendly and very efficient. Our meals were all a sense of ocassion, and two out of the three evenings we had the best table in the restaurant.
Rooms as ever, were top drawer. We had junior suites with part sea view. There is no a/c in this building so be prepared! The food was amazing, both in flavour and presentation. Price of the drinks was (as seems to be the case in France at the moment) ridiculous. Supplements for beef and lobster already quite high price menu items I thought were a bit steep.
The only thing that didn't work for us was the breakfast menu and set up. I don't know why they have tried to work it like this, but to me if made the meal more of a competition than a 'start to the day'. However, again, all our requests were met, (six of us, there were quite a few over the 4 days) with no hesitation.
The outside area could do with a couple of more comfortable seats for those who are unable to access the loungers with cushions by the outdoor pool area (due to steep steps)
sitting on hard backed chairs outside for reading or relaxing is difficult.
On the whole we had a thoroughly enjoyable sojourn here this time. I do hope the lady who broke her leg whilst rock climbing on the beach makes a full recovery. And the fisherman that was washed up to the rocks was re acquainted with his boat quickly!
( I did say the weather was iffy!!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Domaine de Rochevilaine boasts 300 metres of private seafront atop a rocky peninsula on the ocean coast. This south-facing complex dedicated to the art of living stands in a completely pollution-free location. It is the oldest and most beautiful of Brittany’s Relais & Châteaux destinations and is home to one of its star-rated restaurants. Enjoy the spacious Marine Spa (1,300 m2) with its exclusive treatments, as well as the art gallery set in the heart of this distillation of Breton architectural gems. The Domaine is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year.With its waterside location and unique architecture, the Domaine de Rochevilaine will whisk you off to another world. The domaine's Breton manor houses are home to France's first marine spa, an outdoor swimming pool (with heated seawater), a vast indoor water area (complete with an opening roof to make the most of the fine weather) and fitness room – as well as an art gallery for culture lovers. The gardens are romantic and full of passion.The Domaine de Rochevilaine has 38 rooms and suites located in the Domaine's various history-laden buildings. Each has its own unique decoration, offering total comfort and instant peace of mind with their breath-taking sea views.Star-rated chef Patrice Caillault, who is also Maître-cuisinier de France, expertly combines gourmet cuisine and nutrition. Perched on the rocks, there is no restaurant closer to the Ocean. __Le Domaine de Rochevilaine offre 300 mètres de façade maritime privée, presqu’île rocheuse posée sur l’océan. Exposé « plein sud », ce complexe dédié à l’art de vivre bénéficie d’une situation climatique exempte de toute pollution. Il est le plus ancien et l’un des plus beaux Relais & Châteaux de Bretagne et abrite une de ses tables étoilées. Profitez d’un vaste Spa marin (1 300 m2) aux soins exclusifs et d’une galerie d’art au cœur de cette concentration de trésors architecturaux bretons. Le Domaine est ouvert 7J/7, 365 jours par an.Situé les pieds dans l’eau, le Domaine de Rochevilaine offre de par son architecture unique, un réel dépaysement. Les manoirs bretons du domaine abritent le premier spa marin de France, une piscine extérieure (à l’eau de mer chauffée) et un vaste espace aquatique intérieur au toit ouvrant pour profiter des beaux jours, une salle de fitness et une galerie d’art pour tous les amoureux de la culture. Les jardins se révèlent romantiques et passionnés.Le Domaine de Rochevilaine propose 38 chambres et suites situées dans différents lieux de la riche histoire du Domaine. Toutes uniques de par leur décoration, elles offrent un confort absolu et un apaisement immédiat grâce à leur vue sur mer imprenable.Par le choix des produits et leur préparation, Patrice Caillault, chef de cuisine étoilé et Maître-cuisinier de France, conjugue à merveille diététique et gastronomie. Situé sur les rochers, il n’y a pas de restaurant plus proche de l’Océan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Domaine de Rochevilaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine De Rochevilaine Billiers
- Domaine De Rochevilaine Hotel Billiers