All reviews gas stove games room the barn geese firelighters yurts field fridge walks dog break shower site summerhill
Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

We had a lovely time at summerhill farm.
The yurt was lovely and fantastic views, great to wake up to the sound of sheep and cows rather than traffic.
Kitchen facilities were very good.
Would definately recommend if you want to get away and unwind.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2015

The Yurt was very cosy. Lots of room and good value for a family of 4 with a dog. We stayed for a week during the half term in May. It was our first time glamping and this was ideal. The kitchen and play barn area were brilliant. The kids loved being on the farm and we had everything we needed. Ben was so hospitable and checked on us a few times. The toilet and shower are clean and close by. The area is so beautiful. The kids loved the pony centre and we had some wonderful walks. Fingle bridge is great.
I love Dartmoor with it's wild horses, sheep and cows. We also did Exeter and took the ferry to Dartmouth. The farm dog Barcken was really friendly.

Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent a wonderful weekend at Summerhill Farm. We hired 2 yurt's to celebrate my partner's 30th birthday. Ben and Alice were so accommodating of our (often vague) plans and had no problem with a few extra tents by the yurts for extra guests. Their lovely lurcher Bracken often joined us by the camp fire but is very friendly and well behaved! The yurts are cosy and well kitted out with amazing log burners which even though it rained most of the weekend we were toasty warm. The beds have good quality, comfortable mattresses and lots of bedding. As the other reviews say, there is a well kitted out kitchen with your own fridge and a well stocked honesty fridge, pool table etc. The shower was a god send when feeling slightly jaded in the morning! The scenery is breathtaking and we enjoyed a lovely walk through the farm when there was a brief break from the rain. We had such a wonderful weekend and come rain or shine I wouldn't hesitate to come back to the farm again.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have just got back from a Mon-Fri stay in the "Broadhurst" yurt (I think) and absolutely loved it. I did not want to leave and wished I could have stayed longer. The farm is a bit deceptive when you arrive as there is no obvious clue that there are yurts or accommodation there, I had to drive past a few times to make sure it was the right place and then ring to ask if I was in the right place... (if you are by a blue iron gate then you are!)

Ben was there to welcome me and gave me the tour and I was impressed with the facilities, the kitchen is massive and has a fridge for each yurt which is a godsend. There is a cooker and oven, microwave and all the kit you need to cooks feast (cooking is not allowed in the yurts) but bbq's are provided by the yurts.

The snug and games room is lovely, I only used it once to charge my phone and watch a film on my laptop but can imagine it being great for groups. There is a pool table, table football, keyboard, and board games etc and a baby crèche pen.

The shower was great and two loos and a urinal. All of this is part of a barn and is right next to the barns where the geese are stored, so be warned if you go out round there at night, the geese go mad and make a right din, but you get used to it.

The yurt is amazing, I had a double bed that was really comfy, a single bed which was very comfy, a double futon sofa bed. Various chairs and tables and the camping gas stove to boil a kettle. The wood burning stove was excellent, it gets really toasty very quickly, don't over feed it as you will get too hot!

The landscape and scenery is lovely.

I can't wait to go back next year!

Date of stay: September 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Just had 5 days at Summer Hill Farm. Ben and Alice (farmer and wife) were so hospitable and helpful. The yurt was lovely, warm, nicely kitted out, and comfortable. We enjoyed bbqs and bonfires. The kitchen and showers were more than adequate and our kids enjoyed the games room next to the kitchen. The farm dogs were friendly and the scenery stunning in the top field. This is a great place to take a chilled out retreat from the pace of twenty-first century living.

Date of stay: August 2013