2,239 results
All reviews golf course junior suite our honeymoon on the rocks half board anse georgette beach main restaurant main beach buffet restaurant play golf star resort beach bar kids club every hour diva restaurant tennis courts la digue
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We have just checked out of this hotel. Beautiful grounds with so much potential, unfortunately no one seems to care. Me and my husband are experienced travellers. This time we took a month off to explore Africa and decided to treat my mom and sister to join us in Seychelles for a family reunion as we live all around the world. I really wanted the stay at Lemuria to be the most luxurious experience they have ever had.
So before coming to the resort I communicated with the hotel by email and told them we would be needing double bed in one of the suits. The answer was they did not have separate beds, but could make a German bed with separate mats and blankets. Ok, no problem I thought. Upon arrival we found out this was not arranged. We told them again that we needed separate blankets for my mom and sister, they said do not worry, before bedtime the maid will come and do it. Guess what? The maid did come at night, but the bed stayed the same. Are you kidding me? At a resort like this? At that point I was just plain mad, I called housekeeping just to hear that they never received the request. And this was just the start...
Our suite was plain dirty, the coasters for the water glasses looked like they were there for months, the fridge pretty much the same. Again? For a luxury resort like this?
Ok, the next thing we did on the first day after our arrival is to make reservations at the spa and Nest Restaurant. For the restaurant the answer was that everything is booked, not for just tonight, but for the whole lenght of our stay. No commments.
The next morning I requested to speak to the manager, he did listen to our complaints and said that he will take care of everything. We did get a table outside of Nest Restaurant, which they called VIP spot, on the rocks. Not sure why it is VIP, it is so windy there, you can hardly eat. The food was average, we asked for the sauce on the side and sure enough when the food came the sauce was all over it.
And to top it up on the second day me and my husband come back to the room just to find out that now WE have separate blankets. Is it even possible to have such poor level of service and attention to details at a high class resort as they called themselves? Even my mom who is not used to 5 star hotels noticed the bad service. It is just that no one cares. They smile to you, but nothing gets done.
Among general issues, not enough sunbeds on the main beach, indifferent waiters at the beach restaurant, all to sum up to a very average experience.
On a check out day sure enough the manager we spoke to and that was going to recompensate for all the troubles we had was not there. They found another manager to speak with us who at some point just hinted that these were all insignificant issues and they were not going to do anything for us as they were able to give us a table at a VIP spot and did not charge the surcharge for it. As she said I quote :" they were kind enough to do it for us." Really? This is the way you treat your customers? 30 minutes before our departure they gave us 2 souvenir books and 4 cocktails free of charge. Just because I got really upset. Our food and Spa bill was almost a 1000$. Did not even care to take 100$ from our bill for all the bad service we have received during our stay. And I did not want to waste any more time with them, as it was never about the money, but you do feel ripped off paying to be treated like a king and ending up being treated nothing like it.
If you are on your honeymoon and do not care about the service it is a beautiful place, but if you do care how you spend your money, it is absolutely not worth it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank MarynaS109
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to forward to us your feelings regarding your recent stay at Constance Lemuria.

We highly value your feedback as it serves to help us improve our services where they may not be to our guests’ satisfaction.

I really regret the disappointing experiences with certain services in our hotel that happened during your stay with us. I would like to personally apologize for the failure to meet your expectations.

I am disappointed to read that you have left our resort with a different opinion of the service that you were expecting. I want to mention that we take great pride in providing the best experience for our guests.
Please be sure we will use your comments to investigate and address those areas of improvement that you have mentioned.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again and to better serve you in the future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Wow! The Seychelles and this resort in particular certainly lived up to all expectations and in fact exceeded them. It provided an out-of-this-world week, an experience of a lifetime.
Everything was spot on and as near perfection as you can expect and that included the quality, comfortable and spacious accommodation, the food and choice of restaurants, the outstanding facilities and the fantastic service provided by the friendliest of staff.
But that's only the starting point…
Constance Lemuria is the jewel in the crown of Praslin island, one of well over 100 islands in the Seychelles and, it must be said, not the easiest place in the world to get to: there are no direct flights from the UK and we caught a connecting flight in Dubai before finally reaching Mahe airport in the Seychelles where we hopped aboard our third and final 15mins flight, to Praslin.
The resort is a short drive from the airport and it must be said all the time and effort is well and truly worthwhile as soon as you arrive and are welcomed by a giant gong which signals the start of your holiday with the property's giant doors opening straight afterwards.
Unusually the resort is blessed with three glorious beaches with the exquisite Anse Georgette arguably being one of the best not only in the Seychelles but anywhere.
You can also chill out and unwind in style in the three main swimming pools, or the relaxing spa or undertake various watersport activities - many of which are complimentary and part of the package. That includes the spectacular 18-hole golf course - the only golf course in the Seychelles and guaranteed to provide plenty of on-course thrills and spills, specially the par-3 15th and par-5 18th hole: both provide to-die-for views….golf doesn't get any more exciting than this!
With so much to see and do on site, you probably won't want to leave the resort which is also blessed with three fine restaurants - the beach-side The Nest, the Legend which serves up a cracking breakfast and evening buffet and the DIVA which overlooks the golf course.
But again you should make the effort, especially as you're just down the road from UNESCO World Heritage Site Vallee de Mai, the magical home of around 6,000 Coco-de-mer trees considered to be among the botanical wonders of the world.
Nature is a big thing in the Seychelles full stop. It's literally all around you and that certainly includes Constance Lemuria which is surrounded by it along with gigantic rocks and boulders millions of years old. Many have to be seen to be believed.
One of the many highlights was the trip to neighbouring island La Digue - reached by a 15mins ferry ride. A memorable day was spent there, chiefly on Anse Source d'Argent which is reputed to be the most photographed beach in the world. We reached it via a short bike ride from the ferry and it simply blew us away….simply sensational.
We didn't want to leave and we didn't want to leave the resort and the Seychelles either. A special, special place…..

Room Tip: The resort is well spread out so suggest you boo close to the sea and the hotel lobby and main restaurant
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank kevinb187045
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear valued Guest,

What a wonderful and very detailed review of your experience at Constance Lemuria, Seychelles. I would like to thank you personally for having taken the time to share your feelings & feeback with us.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us; from our beautiful beaches, the caring service provided by our team, to the dining experiences… and it is true that our golf course is really outside of this world with its stunning sunsets and views.

Along with my team, I look forward to welcoming you back to Constance Lémuria, Seychelles in the very near future, to renew this experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The island of Praslin is a very beautiful secluded island. It is calm and all about relaxation
The hotel itself was very beautiful with a big golf course in the middle.
It has several beaches and you can access some of which are serviced, some super exclusive and private and the beautiful untouched beach of absence Georgette being my favourite.
All the staff are super friendly. The hospitality is just amazing.We got to meet many Indian workers who ended up becoming friends to name few Mithun,Arumugam,Sanil,Joji.
The villas are more than perfect.
Very cosy and romantic vibe.
We took the help of Arumugam to plan our visit to la digue and the rest of praslin.
The rooms were very clean and housekeeping were on top of everything.
And if your room is far away from the beach / reception consider you will be walking ALOT or will have to ask for a gulf car each time.

Since we were Honeymooners we got 400euros for four days so we didn't spend much.
Very beautiful resort with a mini forest within.
Enjoyed every bit of it,we were so disappointed to leave.

My review wouldn't be complete if didn't mention about the sundowner at tee15 with beach on one side and granite Hill on the other, we had few unforgettable moments enjoyed the canopies served by Mithun and the romantic private time.
It was undoubtedly the best day of my life

Nevertheless, Will always recommend this hotel in Praslin for the great service, wonderful beaches, and fun experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic and detailed review of your experience at the Constance Lemuria, Seychelles. It is indeed a great pleasure to read how much you have appreciated all the facilities and services offered.

We highly appreciate and value you taking the time to share your emotions and feelings.
I thank you also for my colleagues you mentioned and you can rest assured that I will forward your nice words to all of them.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you very soon, at our beautiful resort, to renew this experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel itself was very beautiful with a big golf course in the middle and the golf instructor was very friendly and helpful
It has several beaches you can access some of which are serviced, some super exclusive and private and the beautiful untouched beach of absence Georgette which is a much visit
All the staff are super friendly and helpful
I had an injury onboard due to my own fault and everyone was going out of their way to insure I was comfortable
Very cosy and romantic vibe.
We took the half-board which really helped us as you never have to leave the resort.
Diva restaurant was our favorite for dinner. Their house buffet was also very good. The only place we didn't enjoy was the beach lunch restaurant, Takamaka.
The rooms were very clean and housekeeping were on top of everything but the room could use an upgrade

A special thanks to Karen from front office! She was so caring and would always double check to make sure things were to our liking and that my injury was being taken care of as best as possible

Our only issue was that we couldn't get a late check-out. Even though it had been Greed upon since we booked and we planned our ferry trip accordingly but on the day they made it an issue and we ended up checking our on time and just using the lounge to shower and change later

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Guest,

I thank you also for my colleagues you mentioned and you can rest assured that I will forward your nice words to Karen.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Overall hotel was amazing, beautiful beaches facilities and staff. Little details matter through! I would give this hotel 5 stars but for one very simple service that could have been handled better I rate them 4 stars.

Late check out option seemed like Armageddon! Despite having requested a late check out upon arrival and having platinum statis on multiple visa amex reward programme you name it...And even spending a lot during the stay, the hotel couldn't grant us a couple extra hours to check out, we have planned our departure from praslin late and based on late check out. For the first time in my entire experience with hotels literally around the world I heard the phrase " we contacted the head office for a late check out and it was not possible".

Side note, I got a message on mybTV saying that if the late check out can't be granted, a fee could be charged per hour... I asked for that and they still said it wasn't possible.

Ok! Moving on...

Great hotel for quiet getaways, half board was good unless you had extra special meals.

I recommend the hotel but probably would check out the raffles next time for a guaranteed late check out "angry face" Hz

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feelings regarding your recent stay at Constance Lemuria.

We highly value your feedback as it serves us to learn and improve our services where they may not be to our guests’ satisfaction.

We are glad to read that you loved our beautiful hotel but sorry to hear that we missed a 5 stars review because of little details.
Indeed, at this period our hotel was fully booked with many early arrivals, which unfortunately made it impossible for us to allow any late check-out that day. In Seychelles planes arrive mostly in the morning and leave mostly in the evening, which makes it difficult or impossible to allow late check out when occupancy is very high, regardless of the hotel chosen on Praslin.
The message you saw on TV is a standard letter as we do propose possibility of Late Check Out whenever possible. I am surprised however with what the mention of our "head office", it has nothing to do with this and it's probably a misunderstanding.

We sincerely regret this disappointing experience that happened just before you leave and I would like to personally apologize for the failure to meet your expectations.

I hope that, besides that, you have enjoyed your stay at our beautiful resort. It is our hope that you will visit us back and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

With kind regards,