Wow! The Seychelles and this resort in particular certainly lived up to all expectations and in fact exceeded them. It provided an out-of-this-world week, an experience of a lifetime.
Everything was spot on and as near perfection as you can expect and that included the quality, comfortable and spacious accommodation, the food and choice of restaurants, the outstanding facilities and the fantastic service provided by the friendliest of staff.
But that's only the starting point…
Constance Lemuria is the jewel in the crown of Praslin island, one of well over 100 islands in the Seychelles and, it must be said, not the easiest place in the world to get to: there are no direct flights from the UK and we caught a connecting flight in Dubai before finally reaching Mahe airport in the Seychelles where we hopped aboard our third and final 15mins flight, to Praslin.
The resort is a short drive from the airport and it must be said all the time and effort is well and truly worthwhile as soon as you arrive and are welcomed by a giant gong which signals the start of your holiday with the property's giant doors opening straight afterwards.
Unusually the resort is blessed with three glorious beaches with the exquisite Anse Georgette arguably being one of the best not only in the Seychelles but anywhere.
You can also chill out and unwind in style in the three main swimming pools, or the relaxing spa or undertake various watersport activities - many of which are complimentary and part of the package. That includes the spectacular 18-hole golf course - the only golf course in the Seychelles and guaranteed to provide plenty of on-course thrills and spills, specially the par-3 15th and par-5 18th hole: both provide to-die-for views….golf doesn't get any more exciting than this!
With so much to see and do on site, you probably won't want to leave the resort which is also blessed with three fine restaurants - the beach-side The Nest, the Legend which serves up a cracking breakfast and evening buffet and the DIVA which overlooks the golf course.
But again you should make the effort, especially as you're just down the road from UNESCO World Heritage Site Vallee de Mai, the magical home of around 6,000 Coco-de-mer trees considered to be among the botanical wonders of the world.
Nature is a big thing in the Seychelles full stop. It's literally all around you and that certainly includes Constance Lemuria which is surrounded by it along with gigantic rocks and boulders millions of years old. Many have to be seen to be believed.
One of the many highlights was the trip to neighbouring island La Digue - reached by a 15mins ferry ride. A memorable day was spent there, chiefly on Anse Source d'Argent which is reputed to be the most photographed beach in the world. We reached it via a short bike ride from the ferry and it simply blew us away….simply sensational.
We didn't want to leave and we didn't want to leave the resort and the Seychelles either. A special, special place…..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite beaches, clear topaz water, lush vegetation and big boulders; choose from one of the 88 Junior Suites, 8 Senior Suites, 8 Villas or the exclusive Presidential Villa at Constance Lemuria. Enjoy elegant spacious suites and villas or unwind in swimming pools seemingly crafted by nature. Indulge in fine food and customised spa treatments at Constance Lemuria. Fully trained coordinators at the Constance Kids Club will lead your children to wonderful island exploration trips, culinary activities, scavenger hunts and more. For real adventure and wonderful memories, try the only 18-hole golf course in the Seychelles or explore the world famous diving sites! To create a cocoon of luxury amidst vibrant nature, materials such as wood, stone, pink granite, marble and thatch palm has been beautifully used to create a modern yet warm feel at Constance Lemuria. Seychellois’ flavours can be savoured in all the restaurants and bars of the hotel; the warmth can be felt in all the suites and villas. All Suites and Villas which are endowed with exclusive view are luxuriously designed to offer complete comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constance Lemuria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lemuria Resort Of Praslin, Seychelles Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Of Praslin
- Constance Lemuria Praslin Island, Seychelles