We have just returned from the Seychelles and spent 6 nights at Lemuria, Praslin as part of our honeymoon. The arrival was amazing - large doors were opened and behind them we were greeted by a line up of staff and the view over the pool and beach was beautiful. We were sat down, given an ice tea while they explained about the resort. For first impressions this was fantastic.
If you are on your honeymoon, definitly make sure they are aware. We got a free meal in the Beach Grill (with a special honeymooners seafood meal which was gorgeous), a free drinks voucher, champagne and other bits, like fruit, a t-shirt, sarong, beach bag and towels to keep - very impressive and more than we got anywhere else!
The hotel is in a great location with 3 lovely beaches. You have to make sure you go to Anse Georgette - it's a bit of a walk across the golf course but they run free shuttles to it every hour on request. we got down there really early and we had the beach all to ourselves which felt really special as it is beautiful. Petit Anse Kerlan is also beautiful and good for swimming.
The rooms are a really good size and the pool area is nice and clean. We went to the buffet on the 1st night but were not that impressed - it was expensive at 68 euro each (plus the 5% service and 10% tax you have to pay on top of everything) so with a bottle of wine this was a very expensive meal for food that wasn't great. On the other nights we ate in the Seahorse or the Beach Grill (both A La Carte) and both were lovely. The Beach Grill over looks the beach and it's lovely to get a table by the sea - it has a special feel to it.
Regarding things to do - La Digue is a must do trip. It has the most beautiful beach we have ever seen - Anse Source L'Argent and it was good to cycle round at our own pace, seeing the tortoises they have there and the Ox and Carts they still have. Only a half hour trip by ferry and well worth doing.
Fot those that like golf the course is amazing. My husband plays and normally I'm not that interested, but I went along with him and some of the holes are quite spectaular, with lovely views. As we were on honeymoon we also got a discount off club and buggy hire which was good (and green fees are free if you're staying at the hotel)
Over-all a great hotel and great service, but the one thing that lets it down is the price of food and drink. We were spending between 150 - 200 euro a night and normally that was just with a one alcoholic drink each and a bottle of water. Had we paid out for bottles of wine each night it would have been much more. The food was really good and you expect to pay quite a bit in the Seychelles, but some of it was over-priced, so be aware of this before booking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisite beaches, clear topaz water, lush vegetation and big boulders; choose from one of the 88 Junior Suites, 8 Senior Suites, 8 Villas or the exclusive Presidential Villa at Constance Lemuria. Enjoy elegant spacious suites and villas or unwind in swimming pools seemingly crafted by nature. Indulge in fine food and customised spa treatments at Constance Lemuria. Fully trained coordinators at the Constance Kids Club will lead your children to wonderful island exploration trips, culinary activities, scavenger hunts and more. For real adventure and wonderful memories, try the only 18-hole golf course in the Seychelles or explore the world famous diving sites! To create a cocoon of luxury amidst vibrant nature, materials such as wood, stone, pink granite, marble and thatch palm has been beautifully used to create a modern yet warm feel at Constance Lemuria. Seychellois’ flavours can be savoured in all the restaurants and bars of the hotel; the warmth can be felt in all the suites and villas. All Suites and Villas which are endowed with exclusive view are luxuriously designed to offer complete comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constance Lemuria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Lemuria Resort Of Praslin, Seychelles Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Anse Kerlan
- Lemuria Hotel Of Praslin
- Constance Lemuria Praslin Island, Seychelles