2,289 results
All reviews golf course junior suite our honeymoon anse georgette beach on the rocks half board main restaurant main beach play golf buffet restaurant diva restaurant kids club every hour star resort beach bar tennis courts la digue
Reviewed 12 June 2009

Lemuria has one of the best locations on Praslin with three wonderful beaches, it also has a fantastic spa and golf course although I didn't actually try either, choosing instead to stay with my wife and child around the pools.

We chose to eat in the main Legend restaurant each night and I have to reccommend the tandoori option it is wonderful. The other selections looked good to, but when you've found your favourite you will stick with it.

Having a young one (18 months) we went with her to play in the kids club, which is well equipped although you will have to stay with the little one. No hardship as there is a wealth of things from a small pool to swings and a slide and lots of books.

The rooms are of a good size (we stayed in a suite which is the entry level) and well equipped with in room internet, flat screen telly and a very good sized bathroom. The suites are generally in blocks of four, but are well insulated against noise to ensure your ambience is maintained as relaxing.

The resort has a lovely relaxed feel, with lots of space to escape away to your own secluded area and the rooms are tremendously relaxing with the best bed I've experienced!

Service finds that fine balance between Mauritius and Seychelles with efficiency and that laid back personable approach. It cannot be emphasised enough that service in Seychelles is different than in Mauritius, things are a little slower, but you're on holiday so relax....

So to sum up. Lemuria is a wonderful, relaxed place, make sure you take the half board option as food costs on site are quite steep, but once you've budgeted you can be assured of a great choice at breakfast and in the evening.

There's lots to do, with a choice of beaches, pools and amenities and the wildlife (birds, skinks and gecko's) are all around you (in a nice way). If you fancy taking an excursion to Valee de Mai, it's a 15 - 20 minutes drive and if you'd like to visit La Digue, which is an absolute must, rather than take the guided excursion, hire a car, drive to the jetty (25 minutes) and buy your ferry tickets there. The boat journey takes 15 minutes and it is a stunning place to visit.

Anyway, Lemuria does deliver, it is a wonderful Seychelles retreat with plenty to do and is a great base for your visit to Praslin.

Date of stay: June 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Mitchurchin
Reviewed 6 June 2009

We thought to had booked a week in paradise... Unfortunately that was not the case. The hotel could be a real gem, but the people who are working there do need a workshop; "5 star service".
We arrived early in the morning and after we checked in we had to wait about half hour to get our luggage in the room (after calling twice). The room itself is gorgeous.
At breakfast tea is served after you have almost finished your 1st or even 2nd plate. On average you have to wait 10 - 15 minutes. The buffet restaurant has not enough choice and they will charge you Euro 68,00, which is far too expensive. We were lucky that we did not book halfboard! We ate several times at the beachgrill and then was very nice. The people who work there are committed to their work and the service level there is 5 star. The seahorse restaurant is their signature restaurant. We ate their once and are not at all impressed, not by the food and specially not by their services. If you want to be served in the bar, you have to wait very long or have to get a waiter yourself.
The prices of everything (food and drinks) are ridiculous and very overpriced!
We have stayed at Belle Mare Plage in Mauritius (hotel from the same chain Constance hotel group) and this one is much better and has a great service level overall. So no more Lemuria for us.......

Date of stay: May 2009
3  Thank MarjanNetherlands
Reviewed 17 May 2009

first and last time at Lemuria!

having booked a pool villa we had a personal butler whom, to our extreme surprise, told my boyfriend he was supposed to always hang around, making us feel pretty uncomfortable. he was a lovely guy, and i'm sure he would have left straight away if we asked; nonetheless we still don't understand who on earth might think that keeping a butler in a villa, depriving their guests of any privacy, is a good idea. We actually thought that we would have had way more privacy if we booked a regular room and I keep thinking how annoying this can be for a couple on honeymoon or on a romantic getaway.

other than that:

the menu was poor, ridiculously expensive and not exciting at all.

the room was very nice but the furniture was impersonal and pretentious.

we only spent a night there and still they managed to get the bill wrong.

surely our disappointment also comes from the fact that we spent the two previous nights at the North Island resort, probably the most beautiful place we have ever been so far, still my overall rating at the Lemuria is definitely low.

Date of stay: May 2009
4  Thank Kizette
Reviewed 26 April 2009

After waiting the best part of a year booking our wedding at the Lemuria and having just returned, myself and bride were bound over by the pure luxury feel this hotel has. I am a sucker for reading reviews before I travel and this hotel has very mixed reviews. Something I have learnt very much after our return is not to read too much on what every review states....This is what I will say about the Lemuria in Brief...FANTASTIC. they treated us like royalty on our arrival with a great welcome lovely champagne, no fuss and straight to our room which was number one suite...A big tip...EMAIL the hotel with your request to be close to the pool... they did for us. I was very glad they had listened to my request, just plan ahead and if you want to be close then email them direct, i cant believe people moan about they were along way from the main buildings, they supply a map on there website, just plan and way it up thats all i can say.Anyway suite 1 lovely, overlooking petite Anse kerlan and I could see the swimming pool from our small bathroom window, very handy indeed no need to take anything out with me if a fancied a quick swim, which i did every morning. Our wedding planner Melissa was brilliant, so calm and reassuring, the wedding location they have is ok but wasn't for us, so we asked to see Anse Georgette beach, This is beautifull and would of been our choice, but Mellissa stated that the private presidential villa was vacant so they let us have a look. SUPERB. private beach all the villa and private pool and decking walking down to he beach was just fantasic, this was a first for Lemuria that they have used this location for a wedding and this made it very special for us. it was perfect, then we had pictures on the golf course the most elevated Green on the course with views everywhere. then pictures on Anse Georgette. signed and sealed. couldnt of asked for anything more. the staff couldnt do anything more and the hotel management was great for letting us use the villa, as iv heard at a cost of 10.000 dollars per night you can imagine who stays there. FOOD FANTASTIC, SERVICE FANTASTIC, ALWAYS WITH A SMILE.I swam in petite Anse Kerlan as this was calm than the other two, but very clean, you can imagine that the current was very strong so this is bound to churn up the sand, but swim out some 25 metres or so then it clears and you see fish, I snorkelled every day, except the wedding. I would recommend this for luxury, great beaches, peacefull nights and great food.. the prices...well thats Seychelles and it is 5 star so you should expect high prices.....there is a shop 10 minutes walk out the gate and you get drinks half price at 3 euro a bottle of beer.....we did and brought them back to our room and stocked up,A little
saving if you want to....I would recommend this hotel by far and also SEYEXCLUSIVE.COM who sorted everything out who we booked with, Christine is truly and expert in recommending where to go and what to do. if you want to see pics of the wedding location and are thinking of having a wedding at Lemuria please feel free to email me. O and by the way for golfers...the course is fantastic.

Date of stay: March 2009
4  Thank philabi
Reviewed 18 April 2009

My wife and I just returned from the Seychelles where we stayed at the Constance Lemuria Resort on Praslin Island. All the superlatives can describe this place. The service was good, the smiles genuine and in abundance, the food excellent and the location unbeatable. On the downside was the slow housekeeping and the slow and difficult to navigate intertainment system in our suite, the antiquated and frustrating policy of not being able to chose our own table at dinner.and the lousy live music at night.
Otherwisethe place is simply perfect, if cost is no object, for a relaxing holiday.

Date of stay: April 2009
2  Thank al29252
Constance Lémur... S, General Manager at Constance Lemuria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for this great rating!

It is a real pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable experience.

I hope you will return to enjoy another visit to our beautiful property soon. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at Constance Lemuria, Seychelles.

Best regards,