See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The actual plan was to stay 1 night but we decided to stay 1 more because we really loved the place. The owners and staff are very welcoming, helpful and treated us like family. The hostel was very clean, breakfast were pancakes and over all it impressed with its cozyness and carribean charme.
The island is like a little paradise with much to do: snorkeling, boattrips, a little hiking, playa, but very calm in the offseason.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lara H
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Nice hostel in Isla grande. this island is amazing and the best place to sleep for nothing is Macondo Hostel. Its very clean with mosquito nets for each bed. The breakfast is ok but overall the atmosphere is so great ! Thanks for your welcome !

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank aryab556
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The Macondo Hostel is beautifully set and offers large space to hang out. It is clean, the staff is welcoming, the surrounding green. Justina even organized a daytrip to another island at a very good price. She is super helpful and we felt comfortable. The only disadvantage is that once in a while they host a party and at that moment they dont care if you want to sleep or not.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca K
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I had an awesome experience. I was only there for two nights but I really enjoyed my stay. The young owner is soo nice! When I had a cold she gave me medications and even made me tea and dinner. As breakfast is included the price is very reasonable. The hostel itself is fancy decorated and very quiet on a beautiful island. It's clean and they take care of their things. I will definitely return there and would recommend this place for anyone. Thank you so much to the staff who took care of me!

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017

The hostal is about 200feet from the beach and very centrally located. I stayed in the dormitory for only $15 per night and I was very satisfied. The place was meticulously clean and the breakfast pancakes and coffee is a nice perk. The hostal's WIFI was rarely usable, but my cell phone received a strong signal on the beach. The staff went out of their way to accommodate my special requirements. This hostal is one of the best bargains in the Caribbean

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo