“BEST TOUR EVER!”

Panama Canal Boat Eco Tour
Reviewed 9 December 2015 via mobile

If you only have one tour to do in Panama canal area, this is the one you want to do. It starts on a motor boat cruise the more commercial path of the canal where you navigate along the commercial ships transiting and explore the jungle side where you get to feed the monkeys. Then they bring you to the house boat of the owner where a copious lunch is waiting for you. There is a range of activities that are proposer to you after that. You can choose between: kayaking, fishing, chilling in the hamacs, swimming, etc... We did the kayaking and I suggestion you bring water shoes because there is a little bot of walking to reach a small waterfall in the middle of the jungle!

Seriously, I would like to thank Carl and his crew for the amazing day and the humour was awesome! We had a blast!

1  Thank Amélie B
There are newer reviews for Panama Canal Boat Eco Tour

Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

A great day on the water with wildlife.

As much fun as it is to be on the canal next to the cargo ships and realize just how big they are, the real fun starts when you get off th main path.

When you start into the little inlets, you begin to see just how beautiful the land really is. You start to feel like you're in a movie as you get further in, cause it just keeps getting prettier.

Make sure you have a good camera for pics and vids, cause it will get lots of use!!

Reviewed 6 January 2015

we took two young kids with us to see the monkeys and wild life, which they did...but lunch wasn't until 1:30 when we made sandwiches and had a muffin and pop...a long time as we did a two hour bus ride, a boat ride, a walk in the jungle...so take food!

4  Thank Jane3722
Reviewed 9 October 2014

Its only been 9 months and I still think about my awesome trip on the panama canal with Captain Carl. If your in Panama and you don't do this tour,(better yet spend the night, I did) You will not know what you have missed. Captain Carl will make sure you have a great adventure. My favorite part was hearing the Howler monkeys in the very early morning, Thanks again Carl, I will be back. Connie from Missouri

2  Thank blueskies135
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had gone to Panama to stay at the Gamboa Resort which, by the way, is a beautiful resort in the middle of the rain forest. The boat trip was a little exciting but the best part was the white face monkey that we saw and I was able to capture them in beautiful pics. They are not afraid of humans and even a baby came out to join his/her (mother??). It was great to see. I had gone to Panama because I wanted to see Monkey Island. I was told that the island is gone because they are expanding the canal. I was very disappointed to hear about this. I asked where did the monkeys go and I was told "they went away". I hope to find another island. All in all, the trip was great. As a matter of fact, I will be in Panama for the Labor Day weekend.