Palm Wings Beach Resort
    • Breakfast included
    Pine Club(Sogucak)
    Average 3/5
    1,665 results
    All reviewsanimation teamturkeysaladguest relationssnack barmain restaurantgreat holidaythomson repbuffet restaurantall inclusive resortbeach is lovelyplenty of sunbedsfamily roomfantastic hotelspecial thankssmall poolturkish bath
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my friend stayed here in September and we were very disappointed. The hotel and service is not a 5*. We got the feeling that service and standard had dropped dramatically due to it closing for the season.

Cons

Food was of a very poor standard. It was cold, tasteless and repetitive. Most of the items were not labelled so it was guess work on what you was eating. Food that was labelled was generally incorrectly.. Vegetarian stuffed peppers.. stuff with chicken. From the second day of the holiday I was ill with a stomach bug which my friend then got on the 4th. After speaking to other guest I found out we were not the only ones with upset stomachs.

From the 2nd evening of the holiday I was greeted by a very over friendly member of the animation team (Jessie). He made very inappropriate sexual comments about my appearance and constantly invaded my personal space. Dispite me telling him he was making me uncomfortable he continued with his actions. He made disrespectful comments about my partner and also told me it was freedom of speech so he could say what he liked. When I told him very directly to leave me alone his reply was " what are you going to do if I don't". I found it very concerning when other guest informed me he also acted this was towards a 15 year old girl. suggesting she meet him at night, and lie to her parents about her whereabouts.

Our Rep was very unsupportive and even laugh off some of our complaint. She made comments about hiding out at the sister hotel as she had too many people complaining.

Some staff were very unfriendly and unwilling to help. We had some minor problems with our room. One being the battery went in our safe and the other being an error with the swipe card entry to our door. When going to reception for help we were greater by a female who firstly would not acknowledge our presence and then proceeded to give us dirty looks. Thankly not all the reception staff were the same and a lovely blond hair lady came to our help and had the issues fixed.

The hotel is very secluded it's in a deralict neighbour with no local bars or shops around.

Pros
    Rooms were nice and beds comfortable.

The beach and pool areas were clean.

The hotel relations ladies were very friendly, always smiling and willing to help.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Rebecca H
    GRMkusadasi, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Rebecca H,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts about us. I wish you had a better experience, Satisfaction of our guests has the highest priority. We appreciate your kind words concerning the staff. We wish you made your coplaints about animation staff during your holiday. However we feel sorry regarding the issues that caused your dissatisfaction. Hereby we have to clarify some of your points that were indicated as disappointing factors. First of all it is important to mention that we have many nationality guests from differenet countries.We have to serve the kinds of food that suitable for every taste and meals are keeping on constant temperature and take a sample of them periodicly. We assure you that all reviews of our customers reach the top management and they are very important for us.We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.Best Regards,Duygu Atalay Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This hotel has mainly Turkish or should I say non british guests which for me was not an issue. The rooms were good, the pool areas were clean and not too busy we always managed to find a lounger. We were all inclusive usual local spirits and beer, wine was not great. Food was fine lots of it not catering to British palette but again wasn't a problem for me and my family. The only issues I found beach were the beach was not nice and the sea had lots of seaweed, I have stayed the other side of Kusadasi so I know the beach on that side are nicer. Location bit too far out from Kusadasi but try some of the restaurants in Kusadasi who operate a free taxi service. Overall a nice place.

Stayed: July 2017
    1  Thank Kstand

Dear Kstand,,
    Thank you for taking time to write your review.We respect all comments, both positive and negative.We are happy that you have a generally pleasent during your holiday. We have already noted your remarked subjects . You can be sure that it has been shared with all of the related departments for immediate improvement.
    We are thankful for the time you took to share your feedback with us.
    We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to our hotel and provide the best service we can.Kindest Regards,Duygu Atalay Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Arrived at this hotel around 01.00. I was so tired i went to bed after checking in.
    i had a great night sleep in the very comfortable bed. The room itself was clean and well decorated plenty of toiletries to get refreshed before unpacking. i had slept till 10 a.m so managed to catch what was classed as the late breakfast from 10-11.00a.m
    plenty of choice even at that time of the morning.
    There are 2 pools and beside the pool was a bar that served a hot and cold buffet from 12 noon till 5 pm and you just helped yourself all day this included ice cream too and all drinks. the beach is at the back of the hotel and the beach is clean and with a pier with sunbathing platforms or for jumping off into the water there were fab fish to snorkel with.
    I tried the Turkish bath/hamman and had a full body massage and facial all for £30 which was cheap and fantastic.
    The entertainment was good i saw some of it but not all of it. I wandered to the local bazaar round the corner from the hoteland there was no hassle from anyone i got a few bat-rgains there. and to the shop across the road fron the hotel for some chocolate and the assistant understood me no problem,
    The bar staff were great and turned the tv to a music channel for me too.
    the food at other meals times were varied and tasty at all times.
    i will be returning to this hotel in future as i felt it was one of the best hotels i have stayed in.
    the weather was fabulous, sunny and hot everyday.
    I met fabulous people with whom i am keeping in touch with.

Room Tip: If you have children a room near the front would be better as the entertainment is at the back
    • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank Pamela A
    GRMkusadasi, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Pamela,

Let us thank you for choosing Palm Wings Beach Resort Kuşadası for your holidays.

We greatly appreciate that you have rated our culinary, facilities, service and quality so highly.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.Kind Regards,
    Duygu Atalay
    Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner spend 2 weeks here in september couldnt fault how clean the pool was, the grounds are kept lovely, the staff were friendly and our room was nice and cleaned everyday even the bed linen was changed everyday. The entertainment team was friendly but after a while we noticed they would only talk to certain people. The entertainment was rubbish (maybe because holtel was closing a month early who knows). The food was very repetitive and doesnt cater for english people at all unless you like burgers chips and chicken nuggets. The food was cold (maybe because certain holiday makers left the lids open). We had an a la carte meal which was suppose to be italian but to me it wasnt (see attached photo of menu). All on all ot was a lovely hotel but i wouldnt go back and i wouldnt recommend it to english people.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    GRMkusadasi, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Tinytot01,
    On behalf of Palm Wings Beach Resort Kuşadası, we would like to express our sincere gratitude for choosing our property for your stay and for taking the time to write a detailed feedback regarding both advantages and disadvantages. Your opinion is very important for us as it gives us an opportunity to re-evaluate our service and improve it basing on your valuable comments and suggestions. Satisfaction of our guests has the highest priority. We appreciate your kind words concerning the staff. However we feel sorry regarding the issues that caused your dissatisfaction. Hereby we have to clarify some of your points that were indicated as disappointing factors. First of all it is important to mention that we have many nationality guests from differenet countries.We have to serve the kinds of food that suitable for every taste. We assure you that all reviews of our customers reach the top management and they are very important for us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will give us another chance and return to our hotel in the future to see our commitment to excellence and change your opinion. It would be a great honour for us to welcome you again in Palm Wings Beach Resort&Spa Kuşadası Hotel.Sincerely,Duygu Atalay Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I would have given this 4.5 if I could on the whole we had an excellent holiday. We stayed as s family of 8 over 4 generations and everyone enjoyed it!
    Food was excellent considering it was all inclusive buffet. Sometimes it wasn't very hot but that was because inconsiderate guests left lids open and the plates were not hot. The food itself was lovely, good choice and something for everyone.
    The al a carte was a let down though as we had tables either side of us smoking constantly one even had a baby with them. The food was cold as the restaurant was outside and there was insufficient lighting but it was tasty, just spoiled by inconsiderate guests smoking.
    Rooms could do with a bit of maintenance, coat hangers and toilet roll holders fixing but otherwise good standard and aircon sufficient.
    Pool was very clean, a bit cold but fine once you were in. Flumes were great fun and the lifeguard was very good with the kids especially.
    Drinks were fine for all inclusive but white wine was not very good.
    Entertaining was excellent something for everyone. Animation team were great.
    Thomson rep Jen was very good, I had reservations when she failed to turn up for welcome meeting on time but she had an accident and then excelled herself as my husband lost his wallet on the transfer but and she managed to recover it with every penny and card in tact. Thank you Jen! I think you cannot comment on a rep until something goes wrong and you need assistance.
    Staff were very good, they speak enough English to communicate and I had emailed requests before I came and everything I asked for was provided, thank you Palm Wings.
    Would I recommend this hotel......YES
    Would I return.......YES

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
    2  Thank Bob813
    GRMkusadasi, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Palm Wings Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Good afternoon Dear Bob813,

First of all we would like to thank you for such a positive feedback.
    We are happy to hear that you spent a wonderful time in our hotel and mentioned our staff that try to do their best to make your holiday. We have already shared your comment the management team. Your compliments on the hotel facilities, associates and service are much appreciated and we are thankful for the time you took to share it.
    We hope to welcome you again in the near future.Best Wishes and regards,Duygu Atalay Guest Relations Manager