“A bit dissapointed at the Boot”

Boot & Shoe , Whitwell
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Whitwell
Price range: US$1 - US$40
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been to The Boot for a few years and had some good meals . Tonight was different .
Starter of the strip beef was ok . Main courses of pork fillet lacked seasoning ,for me ,and was dry .
My wife had the seafood pasta . Far too much tomatoes in there .
Also we had to wait a long time for the courses .

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We have been to the Boot & Shoe a few times now, it’s sort of our local pub, only one of two in the village.

As pubs go it’s fairly decent, the pub it’s self is friendly well kept and the beer is a good a pint, Millan, is keeps an exceptional pint of Guinness.

We’ve been in a few times over the last few months and it’s atmosphere is consistent and friendly

We had Sunday lunch today, the meal as a whole was good, not bad value, we had soup which was really tasty, the lunch it’s self was plentiful, beef cut slightly thick and possibly slightly over cooked, that could be a personal taste, but an abundance of veg.

The biggest negative is the owner,every occasion we’ve visited he is drunk, rather load and and slightly annoying, we would say he probably is a nice guy but he is too overpowering and persistent with his loudness, which would be the biggest negative.

2  Thank Andy J
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Very good food well prepared, there was a good selection and well presented by friendly staff. The wait for the food was well worth it.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

No veg no sauce with belly pork and mash....
Burnt steak...
Greasy wedges...far cry from twice cooked chips.
Just regret refusing to pay for meals that weren't even worth 2 for a £10....
Never mind
£13...each....

Reviewed 9 March 2018

My Daughter and son in law live in Whitwell, and they invited me over for my birthday lunch. Having eaten in the Boot a few times previously I already knew I was not going to be disappointed. The pub was quiet with not many customers, we were made very welcome. My daughter and son in law ordered the pie of the day, and I had the seafood linguine. They were very satisfied with their choice, and my linguine was excellent, probably the best I've ever had. After a few beers, the very reasonable bill was paid. We left the pub vowing to return in the not to distant future.