1,319 results
All reviews river view water wheel central bath full english four poster bed visit bath avon waterwheel england
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Its's a shame as this hotel is in a great location with beautiful surroundings and right on the river bank.
We paid £130 for a superior room which I would say at best is a standard room.
The lady receptionist who checked us in was very nice, I didn't get her name. She provided us with all the information that we needed. I asked for a river view room which we got but this was the only plus about the hotel. There was no lift in the hotel, our room was 114 on the first floor. When we got into the room I was surprised that it was classed as superior room, I even called down to the reception desk to ask and was told by a male that 'it's a superior but its not the Ritz or the Hilton'.
The bed was very uncomfortable, very lumpy and sagging, the pillow was also lumpy so didn't have the best sleep. The carpet was really dirty ad had stains on it. The window wouldnt shut properly, not handle or lock.
Breakfast was self service and adequate.
Won't stay her again and no not recommend!

Room Tip: Nice River view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LittlemissBirmingham
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, beautiful room, comfortable bed, highly recommend will certainly be returning, the breakfast was really nice
Views outstanding, lots of lovely walks and the pub which was a short walk away was outstan

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Stayed here for 1 night on a Sunday, overall it was really good value for Bath. Free parking and a 15 minute drive from the park and ride meant it was really easy to get in to the centre. Nice views at the back of the hotel, I would happily stay here again. Only negative was that the room was hot and there wasn’t air con.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I must say we booked this very late but were pleasantly surprised. The location is ideal, close to bath centre and right on the river. We hired a boat on the river which was conveniently in the garden of the hotel. You can also hire paddle boards and rowing boats.

We had two pints of coke in the bar which cost £8.00 which I thought that was very high. Our room was in a building next to the main hotel. Whilst the room was clean and had a moden bathroom it was very small and basic. The bed was a zbed and although the mattress was comfortable the size of the bed was very small for a double.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We stayed here for a weekend so were in the hotel for only one night. It is conveniently located to the canal where we planned to cycle so that is useful but the hotel is run down and all a bit grubby. The old fashioned carpet in the reception is frayed and the lounge, bar and dining area are dark and dingy and looks like were last decorated in the 80s. Our bedroom was sold as a standard double but was smaller than any single room I have ever slept in before. There wasn't even anywhere to put the suit case and the carpet in the room was dirty. The bathroom had been refurbished at some point recently but it was very cramped as well. I am so pleased that they didn't put us in 'the Lodge' as it is half a dozen portacabins stacked in the car park. If you have seen a Motel in one of the American gangland movies thats what it resembles.Our room was on par with the old student accommodation at the universities that we looked at with our daughter - only the Old mill wasn't as fresh and well appointed as the student rooms.
We had breakfast in the hotel as it was included in the (expensive) price of the room. It was a bit grim as well with everything in the buffet overcooked and sitting there waiting for someone like me who hopes that it doesn't taste as bad as it looks.
I think the staff and owners know that the hotel isn't very good as when we checked out no one asked us if the stay was okay or if we enjoyed ourselves. I suppose they are bored with people saying 'seeing you asked.....'
In summary the hotel is in a nice location and one day someone will strip it out and refurbish it and it will be a very nice hotel - but currently it isn't.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple