All reviews booze cruise quad safari toga parties breakfast and dinner party scene reception bar ferry port rooms are great greek islands corfu town cleaned every day hangover george agios nationalities nightlife alex
Reviewed 8 August 2015

I recently stayed ther for three nights and the food was good and the rooms were good. The main problem I had was apart from the receptionists apart from the lady who greets you and gives you the shots the other ones were useles. I tried to order a quad bike but had to see only one girl who already had a couple of people lining up while the other two receptionists sat there and did nothing.
The quad bikes were cheap to rent but the guys that administered them were rude. I went to a service station to finish filling up the tank near the hostel and he said the tank was fuel and then when I delivered it back they thought it wasn't full so had to go to a petrol station and fill it up. This was done even though the next day my tank wasn't as full as they made me fill mine the day before. On that I had to wait ten minutes and chase down the guys that gave out the quad bikes even though that is their only job and when I went to return the bike they weren't there and had to leave the key at reception.
The night activities were not as I expected and not well promoted. Overall the place was not as good as I was expecting and I should of went into town at night instead of doing the activities that they planned.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank ben f
Reviewed 16 July 2015

We stayed as a family at the Pink Palace from end June till beginning July. We did not expect much as we had booked this room for 4 for a low cost and knew the hotel was more targeting the youth. We were met by nice and help some people and a fine clean room with clime system and a nice bathroom was waiting for us. As promised at the booking via Magdalena we got the beautiful view off the sea and a quiet room. We think they had just renewed an area as a family location and that was next to the main building with the reception. We enjoyed 7 days with nice half board with good and even healthy food especially at evening, morning at the beach bar was with bacon and eggs, bread, juice and yogurt, what I missed at breakfast was only pancakes which I could buy 5 min walk away from the hotel in a lovely waffle and pancake house. We went on the free kayak tour on our own that was a great experience, we enjoyed the beach nearby and even the sun beds and umbrellas were free of charge for customers at the pink palace. Further we enjoyed their quad safari to the 2. Highest point of the island, including a little off road driving, ending with a swim at the Glyfada beach. We did not hear any noise and the youth from the nearby hostel were great to meet and generally just eager to talk and get to know people. I think it was a good place for a Holiday; also the village with a cheerful but relaxed atmosphere and it is option for a return someday :-)

Room Tip: If you go as Family specify that you want quiet room for Family with kids.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2015 via mobile

We visited for a couple of nights and originally booked for a hostel room but then when we were there, upgraded to a double bed private room for 23 euros per person per night which included breakfast and dinner so it wasn't too shabby a price. The room was a small size, but had air con, a decent bathroom and a bit on the uncomfortable side bed but done the job. We weren't expecting luxury since it is a hostel.

Thing to note: Corfu backpackers is Pink Palace. Which ever one you booked for, you will check in at the same reception and have the same breakfast/dinner in the same rooms etc. At dinner they make you sit on a table of 8 with others, which we (me and my boyfriend) really liked since you can easily meet new people. And everyone was super friendly - because of the travellers visiting there, it does have a really friendly vibe.
The staff were chatty and friendly, yet we felt only spoke to you in the aim of selling something. Whether it be Toga party tickets, Booze cruise or the quad safari the conversation always leant towards selling you something.
Other travellers also said about the staff being unable to tell them about other bars outside of the pink palace because it was 'not in their job description'. So they really try to keep you at the location.

On the plus side, our room was right next to the large jacuzzi which was loveeeely to chill in, and literally a minute from the beach. Which is gorgeous. However it is a bit of a hike up a hill from the beach to reception but its exercise!! Or sometimes they offer lifts up the hill which is really nice.

When we asked reception staff about trips and activities eg kayaking they were really helpful and informative, the reviews saying they were rude i don't see where these came from??? As long as you don't speak to them like rubbish then they're friendly! It's the normal for anywhere really.

Breakfast had bacon and fried eggs which is GREAT for a hostel breakfast!! Dinner was a set meal of Greek orientated food and was definitely worth having!

Now we didnt really experience the party side of the hostel but we heard the nights such as Toga night and the booze cruise turn incredibly sexual!! So I would recommend this more for people who are up for getting really drunk and doing this kind of thing...

Walls are thin and doors have gaps in and considering its a party hostel I would definitely recommend ear plugs!

At the end of the day it was a really nice location, food was great and I'm sure if your a young traveller looking for cheap nights this is great!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Georgie D
Reviewed 6 July 2015

2 x 27 year old female travelers walk in to a bright pink hostel hangover. No choice but to shot ouzo from the welcome staff. We initially booked Corfu Travelers and Backpackers Inn but were put in a private room at the Pink Palace. No complaints - nice room, perfect view, own balcony, decent bathroom and shower (yes it did cost us more and the staff did not say anything).
The accommodation cost included breakfast and dinner. At dinner time we were told who to sit with. This did not sit well with us and they did not seat us well. I know why they do it, to get people talking to each other but the majority of people staying at the hostel are there for common reason - to see the world and meet new people. Totally unnecessary. Anyway we were about to give up on the Pink Palace but decided to give the bar a go. A few drinks in and we were happy. The bar prices are cheap, the staff turned out to be fun and super friendly. They could relax on the themed night activities though.
The day time activities/tours are well run by hostel staff who know the Island and know how to handle people. We did the ATV tour and were not disappointed, only wish we had the opportunity to choose an alternative activity (only one choice is given p/day).

After staying at the Pink Palace, now I understand why some reviewers felt the hostel was a bit cult like. But if you want to party, occasionally do an activity and lay by the beach all day then give it a chance. Oh and be prepared to be surrounded by people under the age of 25.

Room Tip: wouldn't matter what you chose - you'd get put wherever they wanted.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dana P
Reviewed 3 July 2015

we booked on hostelworld under "corfu backpackers" but turns out this is actually part of the pink palace hostel and hotel, but it still has its own reception and bar seperate to the hotel which is nice. the 2 bedroom we had was fine. the breakfast wasnt good and it was a 10 minute walk to the beach so location wasnt perfect. we went in low season (may) so there wasnt really an atmosphere but in the peak of summer i think this place would be better, and they do quad and kayak tours which looked good, shame we didnt get round to doing them. they also pick you up from the airport!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends