“Booked in for a work trip - left feeling I had been on holiday.”

The Old Bank Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Bruff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 March 2017

It was a pleasure to be able to stay in such a beautifully restored historic building. Miriam is a genuinely friendly and helpful host. All the luxury of a top class hotel but at an affordable price. Can't recommend this B&B highly enough.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Stayed here with my son as we were traveling through Ireland . Miriam has an incredible personality and makes you feel welcome and at home! The rooms are spotless and beds are very comfortable. Her house is beautiful and she works so hard to make sure all your needs are taken care of . Breakfast was incredible and she provided us with wonderful ideas to tour. Would stay here again . Book through her actual web site for the best deals!
Thank you again for a great experience

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2017

This was by far the most luxurious place we stayed in Ireland. The art work- paintings, sculptures, etc. set the Old Bank apart from the more homey places we stayed. Miriam was a delight to converse with, and made sure we were well cared for. The bathroom had a large tub- the only BB to have one on the visit. And the food was excellent!

Room Tip: Very good sound control- I would bet any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2017

Mariam runs a clean, comfortable B&B. The breakfast was excellent, she custom made Irish pancakes for us both mornings. She is a great host and takes time to provide touring suggestions. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and recommend the bank as a must stay if you will be in this area.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2017

My husband and I stayed here as a stop late one night one our wild Atlantic driving tour. I had booked in advance online through a travel website after reading the reviews. It is off the beaten path, in a city without many amenities in the evening, which was fine. We got in town early enough to grab dinner at a pub and get some sleep with the plan to wake up early and be on our way.

Cons:
- The room was blazing hot and changing the thermostat did nothing.
- The owners dog lifted his leg an peed on my suitcase when we were loading the car to leave. Good thing he was cute and I am a dog person.
- All the owner did in the morning was complain about how she needed help but could not afford it.
- She refused to accept the credit card that she allowed me to book with saying they charged a large fee. If that is the case do not allow me to book with said card. Good thing I had another.
- On the reservation I indicated it was our anniversary and had a bottle of wine waiting in the room. She insisted I pay for that separately and with cash. She did not have any change for the cash I gave her and was grumpy about that.
- Overall, there are plenty of beautiful B&Bs in Ireland....like a ton of them...it is not worth the drive to this one with the lack of hospitality we received.

Pros:
- Our room was ready with the bottle of wine and chocolate and rose petals for our anniversary.
- Quiet once you were in the room.
- The made to order breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Been to The Old Bank Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!