The Old Bank Bed and Breakfast
US$110
Dalton Inn Hotel(Claremorris)
US$105
  • Restaurant
Breaffy Woods Hotel(Castlebar)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Pool
US$75
TF Royal Hotel and Theatre(Castlebar)(Great Value!)
US$103
Harlequin Hotel Castlebar(Castlebar)(Great Value!)
US$128
All reviewslough gurbutcher shoprose petalsjacuzzi bathstone circleadjoining roomsb bsopen firebrown breadan excellent hoststayed longerperfect staysitting rooma great place to stayhome from homebreakfast was amazingfull irish breakfast
Reviewed 10 January 2017

My husband and I stayed here as a stop late one night one our wild Atlantic driving tour. I had booked in advance online through a travel website after reading the reviews. It is off the beaten path, in a city without many amenities in the evening, which was fine. We got in town early enough to grab dinner at a pub and get some sleep with the plan to wake up early and be on our way.

Cons:
- The room was blazing hot and changing the thermostat did nothing.
- The owners dog lifted his leg an peed on my suitcase when we were loading the car to leave. Good thing he was cute and I am a dog person.
- All the owner did in the morning was complain about how she needed help but could not afford it.
- She refused to accept the credit card that she allowed me to book with saying they charged a large fee. If that is the case do not allow me to book with said card. Good thing I had another.
- On the reservation I indicated it was our anniversary and had a bottle of wine waiting in the room. She insisted I pay for that separately and with cash. She did not have any change for the cash I gave her and was grumpy about that.
- Overall, there are plenty of beautiful B&Bs in Ireland....like a ton of them...it is not worth the drive to this one with the lack of hospitality we received.

Pros:
- Our room was ready with the bottle of wine and chocolate and rose petals for our anniversary.
- Quiet once you were in the room.
- The made to order breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2016

Miriam was a wonderful host and clearly has a lot of pride in her home. She's got a great personality and was incredibly welcoming! The Old Bank is beautiful and the accomodations far exceeded our wildest expectations. Breakfast was amazing - be sure to try the traditional Irish breakfast!

The only drawback to our stay at The Old Bank was that it set the bar so high, the other B&Bs we visited paled in comparison!

We will definitely return to the Old Bank!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2016

We went here to celebrate my husband turning 30 and the Old Bank was amazing! The rooms were big and luxurious, the beds were comfortable and it had a very romantic atmosphere.
The owner is a strong and intelligent woman who runs a fantastic B&B and gave us good advice on where to eat and drink in Bruff. The evening turned out to be one of the best we have had in many many years and it will take a long time before we forget it!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2016

We stopped over at Miriam's wonderfully unique B&B in Bruff, Co. Limerick on the long drive from Dublin to Dingle. This is a beautiful & tastefully decorated house where you are welcomed you with a roaring fire and a brilliant hostess who carefully balances friendly chat without being intrusive. Nearby Bunratty Castle & Folk Park (with the Fairy Village) & Lough Gur are unmissable. We loved it so much we stopped on the way back!

Stayed: November 2016
Miriam S, Owner at The Old Bank Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

My Wicklow Gals (K & M)

This is why doing B&B is so enjoyable, Its because I get to welcome people like you.. you were a joy to host and there isn't too many guests who would return with a box of handmade chocolates for their hosts Birthday... They were just Yummy ... So the biggest warmest THANK YOU!!

I hope that I will get to welcome you back to our home again and again.... Ps Deobrah at the gardens sends her love too.

Till then my Fondest farwell

Miriam & Family

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Very easy to make reservation and got a replying email which was very helpful. Lots of parking. Very nice room and very comfortable bed so slept well. Breakfast was really good and it was all great value.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Thank you HAPPY_IE for taking the time to review our home.

Im delighted you found making the reservation easy and Enjoyed our help hints in our Welcome Email. I really appreciate the time you took to review pur home and hope to welcome you to our again very soon.

Till next time