My husband and I stayed here as a stop late one night one our wild Atlantic driving tour. I had booked in advance online through a travel website after reading the reviews. It is off the beaten path, in a city without many amenities in the evening, which was fine. We got in town early enough to grab dinner at a pub and get some sleep with the plan to wake up early and be on our way.
- The room was blazing hot and changing the thermostat did nothing.
- The owners dog lifted his leg an peed on my suitcase when we were loading the car to leave. Good thing he was cute and I am a dog person.
- All the owner did in the morning was complain about how she needed help but could not afford it.
- She refused to accept the credit card that she allowed me to book with saying they charged a large fee. If that is the case do not allow me to book with said card. Good thing I had another.
- On the reservation I indicated it was our anniversary and had a bottle of wine waiting in the room. She insisted I pay for that separately and with cash. She did not have any change for the cash I gave her and was grumpy about that.
- Overall, there are plenty of beautiful B&Bs in Ireland....like a ton of them...it is not worth the drive to this one with the lack of hospitality we received.
- Our room was ready with the bottle of wine and chocolate and rose petals for our anniversary.
- Quiet once you were in the room.
- The made to order breakfast was delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4* banking town house offers accommodation in 8 luxurious ensuite jacuzzi rooms, ranging from family interconnecting rooms to the serene intimacy of four poster bedrooms over looking peaceful courtyard gardens. Each room possesses its very own distinct individual style that blend period decoration with all of today's modern services and luxuries. Miriam & family have earned a great reputation for the quality of both accommodation and service, and breakfast is a treat - an impressive selection of home baking is served next to a extensive menu in a dining room that is set up like a restaurant. For golfers & cycling entunacity the house is ideally located among 5 golf courses and with in short distances of Europe’s largest mountain bike park and is on many road cyling routes. The house is a excellent touring base for historic Lough Gur, Adare with day trips to Cliffs of Moher, Rock of cashel, ring of Kerry and Cork. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Old Bank Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.