“Very nice accomodation”

The Old Bank Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Bruff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Great welcome from Miriam who could not have been more helpful. Good quality very comfortable accommodation in convenient location. Really good cooked breakfast with plenty of choice of other items ..

Room Tip: All rooms looked very good
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2016

I booked this B&B because of the reviews, and it lives up to all the hype. The service top rate, the room as spacious, the decor delightful, and the hostess is a wonder woman. When we left in the morning she was getting three kids ready for school, cooking breakfast, and had time to give us advice for our day’s travels, all while being amicable and unflappable… wow.

This place is worth going out of your way for.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2016

The Old Bank was an oasis after a day of traveling. We had been Miriam the weeks leading up to our trip, discussing our travel route. She was happy to give us suggestions and opinions on what was worth seeing our first time in Ireland. And then the day of we were running late to check in which is 6 to 9 as it says all over the Old Bank's website. We worried we wouldn't make it in time to eat at the the old bake house restaurant in town. We emailed Miriam and let her know we were running late, she called the restaurant and had them stay open a little later just for us and it was the best dinners we had had in Ireland. The bed and breakfast was beautifully restored, breakfast in the morning was delicious, and Miriam and her family were wonderful people. I would definitely recommend staying at the Old Bank

Room Tip: Miriam is happy to accommodate and give suggestions on your trip. Especially if you email her prior
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Miriam S, Owner at The Old Bank Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our home

It really is a pleasure to welcome so many wonderful guests to our home, like you

Till next time

Fond farwells

Reviewed 4 June 2016

Discovered with note on front door that you can only check in from 6pm to 9pm. No one on onsite at property when we arrived at 4pm.Call button on door rings proprietar on her mobile who informed also informed us of check into time. Not Very friendly or accommodating. We were tired after a long day of travel so we decided to stay elsewhere other than wait two hours to check in. Not sure what kind of service we could expect with no one onsite at the property

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dkmclei

Hello Dawn

Your reservation was made at our home through booking.com on the May 29th. Our check in times are clearly shown and also on the terms and conditions that you tick. It is further printed on your confirmation receipt. We send every guest a Thank for your reservation email - (sent to you the 29th) where I offer to give suggestions should you require on what to see enroute to our home, and again we say check ins are from 6 -9pm but we are are available to welcome guest to our home from 5pm.

You Rang my door bell at 4.05pm - and as you say I have a sign on the door that says Please ring the bell - (intercom connects to my mobile phone for 90 seconds of talk time) Check ins are from 6 -9pm , If i'm at home i will gladly take early arrivals, Miriam & Family. You rang the bell and I told you I was on my way home from Limerick and would be able to check you in at 5pm, to which you replied ok!!

We are B&B and not a hotel and we close each day from 12pm to 5pm to spend we our young family. Once a guest check into our home, I have to be present at all times. I am the owner, recpetionist cook, cleaner and MUM. I love my job and work 7 days a week and think its not unreasonable to have time to do shopping and spend with my kids . Hense why my rates are not €120-160 like other 4 star hotels in the area but start from €70.00 per night for B&B. B&B means you offer accommodation services in a persons private residences. I love this role and have invested a lot of money to meet 4 star service requirments.

Now I rang you at 9.30pm to see if you were arriving and while I was leaving a message you rang back, I hung up on that message and took your call..you said hello and when i said this is Miriam from the Old Bank B&B.. you hung up!!... I tried rining you another 2 times and you didn't answer??

Had you answered the phone, I could of rented this room to the 2 guest who knocked on the door at 11.30 asking for a room and not charged you... I took my last prebooked guest arrival that night at 11.55pm.

I do hope that guests who read my reply realise how Hard I work to ensure everyone enjoys there stay with me, Please read the good reviews too :).

I am truly fortunate to be able to Welcome some wonderful people to my home, and glad to call some of them true friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our home

Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Great accomodations with a delightful hostess!
Clean,lots of little extras and wonderful breakfast!
Can be in downtown Limerick in 20 minutes.
Took in a couple of Hurling matches just around the corner from the B&B . would definitely recommend to friends

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

To Two wonderful guest who came for one night and stayed for three. Im delighted you enjoyed your stay as did I when you were in my home. I hope you have a wonderful Holiday and do hope I will get to welcome you to our home again.

Till Next time
Fond farwells
Miriam & Family

Been to The Old Bank Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!