All reviews sea view sunbeds vacation beach crete
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We just ate in the taverna which is situated by the beach.We wanted a light lunch so went for a collection of starters and Greek salad.They give you bread but no water.You have to order drinks.The starters were good but Greek salad came in a desert bowl! Underneath it was pieces of stale brown bread which even soaked in Oliver oil was too hard to eat,so you got a small Greek salad which was not cheap! It's a lovely location to eat but a bit on the expensive side. They have got sunbeds and brollys in front but even if you have ate here they charge you €3 each for them.This is not what we have experienced as general you get your sunbeds free if you are buying something from Taverna/cafe.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is perfectly situated with the beach across the road.
Sun beds & unbrellas are provided.The water at the beach is clear and not overcrowded.
The room is fine.A lot more spacious than we'd been too.
The rooms were serviced daily.
My only criticism of Avra Palm would be the food at their taverna.Overpriced and food not as nice as we've had elsewhere

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2017

.Small family hotel located right on the sea shore of a small bay near Irapetra. The rooms are standard, as can be found in three star hotel, but the layout is very nice, and the hotel is in a nice garden. the hotel has a tavern which has a fare prices, and a standard menu for this part of Crete. The hotel is run by Fotis and Aphrodite and there is always someone to give a hand. But The most important is the Location. one can spend all the time in the sea, everything is within few meters, and gives you the feeling of Real Holiday. To sum up if you like the sea, family hotel and not too many guests, Go for it.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Dan P
Reviewed 18 June 2017

7 days in Avra Palm hotel - a comfortable room with a sea view . Great advantage is a fantastic location, very nice beach and silence, no music,no animation. Beautiful garden with plants and flowers. Excellent service and ladies in the reception very polite, profesional and very helpful. Clean room, sheets and towels changed every second day. Fotis who runs hotel is working not only day long to improve the standard but evening meals are the weakest spot and need more attention. I wish the whole staff good luck because they try their best, I hope. And hope to be back!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kinga165
Reviewed 29 September 2016

This was my first trip to Crete... Wow was it great!! I was greeted by owners with a big smile and a hug. They were the greatest!!!! They escorted me slowly around this ground-heaven and to my room. They took time to show me everything and shared warm conversation about evething. They offered suggestions on things to do and where to go during our stay. They also made reservations for any things you can imagine during my best holidays. They were a great help and also friends. The VIEW,layout and quality of the room were exceptional. Housekeeping did a great job with my room and I was never inconvenienced during stay. People there are amazing. It shows that they really care about their guests. I definitely would recommend Avra Palm to anyone traveling to Crete.I hope to return soon and would never consider staying anywhere else!!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is good, becouse location of the hotel is great for every kind of person.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo