See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2016

Our 10-day stay at Avra Palm was an exceptional holiday enjoyed by my wife, our daughters 17yrs & 13yrs and myself. Had it not been for the extreme kindness and professionalism shown by the owners, I do not know how I would have coped with the back injury I sustained when I arrived at the airport on the first day, which left me barely able to walk. To state only a few remarkable acts of kindness, I was driven in the owner’s car to the hospital at Ierapetra for consultation & X-rays, arranged for chiropractor’s treatment and specialised medication was organised via the owner’s private contacts. The entire staff could not have done more for me in helping me limp around the beautiful holiday complex, which I am so sad I was not able to completely enjoy.

This hotel should not be overlooked. It is a jewel on the southern coast of Crete for those who want a peaceful, relaxing and traditional Greek holiday. This will offer everything. The beach is next to the tavern with green trees offering shade from the hot sun while the pool is a quiet area for those who want to get away from the sand. Wonderful food served by wonderful, friendly staff.

Thank you Avra Palma. We will be back!

Room tip: Recommend double/family rooms
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jane H
Reviewed 23 June 2016

I lived in Avra Palm from 10.06.16-16.06.16. It was one of the best vacation in my life!! If you need calm, quiet and relax place with real greek atmosphere - it is in Avra Palms. The hosts are very friendly and helpful, especially Nadine, she was very hospitable, kind and helped me a lot!
The tavern is situated near the beach and has a great view, food is simple and tasty, from very fresh greek products.
The room and territory are very beautiful and clean. On the territory, there is a small pool.
The wifi signal was very good not only in my room, even on the beach, so I Skyped my husband for showing him this nice place.
The beach and sea are good. On the beach, there are not many people. Not far away from the hotel, there are few greek taverns and shops . Also, there is a bus which you can use to visit the nearest city Ierapetra and the Chrissi island.
I would like to return here again and have a great vacation, highly recommend this hotel! Thanks a lot!

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank 484ann
Reviewed 20 June 2016

- Nice and clean room with view to the sea
- Balcony
- Quite
- Breakfast Buffet with fresh Orange Jus (has to be requested)
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Large parking lot
- approximately 100 m to the Beach

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bike-seakayak-freak
Reviewed 12 September 2015 via mobile

15 days of dream. Its on the beach... Everything is so clean... Privat parking... Good taver.... You need to tray shrimps Saganaki... The owner is wonderfull.
The beach is wonderfull . The apartments are on the beach. The pool is nice big and clean.
If You want quiet and relax, this is place for You .

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Djanixl
Reviewed 10 September 2015

We visited this resort from 30th August to the 8th September 2015, and would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to this area of Crete.
We were meet with a very warm welcome and were given the choice of 2 different apartments. Both with sea views from the balcony. On site there is a beautiful pool which you can take a dip in and you are right on the sea front with a private beach equipped with sun loungers. The taverna on site, serves beautiful traditional Greek food, and the staff are so accommodating. You literally want for nothing.
The apartments are serviced everyday and (thankfully) are fully air conditioned. It did get to 40 degrees on our visit.
The place is tranquil and quiet and you can come and go as you please and set in the most beautiful surroundings.
If you do stay here, I would suggest hiring a vehicle as it is a little out of the way if you want a selection of restaurants. But there are supermarkets and a few taverna's located on the same road, which are within walking distance.
We had a lovely time at this resort and will definitely be returning next year.
Thank you to all the staff for making our trip so memorable.

Date of stay: September 2015