“Excellent Place, lovely view, good food”
Review of The Tao Bali

The Tao Bali
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The TAO Bali is the first authentic Asian cuisine restaurant in the Tanjung Benoa area. It was designed to take guests through an exotic journey from the moment one enters. At The TAO Bali, we specialize in authentic Thai cuisine, however the influence of various nations can be detected. The fiery flavors of Vietnam, unique rice dishes of Indonesia and some traditional dishes from Malaysia all have a place of choice on TAO's eclectic menu. Experience the TAO and experience a world that is designed to indulge all of your senses.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Excellent Place, lovely view, good food”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

this is the last good restaurant. the view from the place is simply amazing. You can sit on the beach-chairs for hours & relax.

It's bang in the middle of the water sports area of bali, hence alot of activity can be seen. the sea view is nice, the atmosphere calm, & the ambiance great (the entire theme of the Ramada was very relaxing)

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Pranav S

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent lunch on the beach”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Delicious food, lovely atmosphere with a great view of the beach and water.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Lynne M
Cape Town, South Africa
“unquestionably one of the best meals in Bali - and an unbeatable location”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

This is my 3rd time in Bali and this is my favorite restaurant. great food. Great service. great location. And they have their own pool. Great for kids too.

It's not cheap - but you get what you pay for.

Call ahead if you are in Nusa Dua, there is a free car service.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank zaheergb
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent food, good ambiance”
Reviewed 27 November 2011

A group of six of us had dinner tonight at Tao. We had a nice table outside under the stars, and had pad thai, ribs and lamb curry. All dishes were very good. They have a good selection of vegetarian dishes which is unusual in this area. There was live entertainment. Service was attentive. Prices were very reasonable. A nice place to have dinner. Next door is a new night club for those who want more action. They also offer a complimentary pick-up and return to your hotel if you are in the area of Tanung Benoa. The menu is wide ranging from Thai to steak to indonesian dishes, so there is something for everyone. highly recommended.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Jojosottawa
Singapore, Singapore
“Worth a visit if you're staying in the area”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I had been eating at my hotel for a few days and was a bit tired of paying inflated prices so decided to look to good old Tripadvisor for some restaurant recomendations in the Nusa Dua area. I decided on Tao because I needed a change of cuisine from the (yummy) Balinese food I'd been stuffing my face with. I called to make a dinner reservation and asked if they could pick my husband and I up, but they said they had no driver that night. Nevermind, we hopped into a cab and it was less than 10min from our hotel (around 25,000 rupiah one way).

The restaurant is, I believe, part of the Ramada Benoa Resort across the street. It's set just off the beach and it was lovely to sit, have a drink and look out onto the calm sea and dusky skies. This was well-needed as we had experienced the 6.1 earthquake earlier that day!

We ordered the glass noodles salad and vietnamese rolls for our entrees, and fresh lime grouper and rice for our mains. After waiting for quite a while (with only 3 other tables filled when we were there), all our food came out at the same time. No matter, we were hungry anyway. Guess the kitchen staff would not make it on "Hell's Kitchen" - their timing and planning was a bit off. The service staff on the other hand were eager beavers. They pretty much cleared our plates as soon as we took the last bit of food off them. I also ordered dessert and halfway through eating, I paused to have my drink (lemongrass juice yuuuuum), a waiter asked if he could clear the plate. I was like huh?! A bit too enthusiastic I think.

Overall we enjoyed the food and had a good experience. We would come back if we were staying in the area. But I wouldn't specially make my way there if I was staying more than a 15min drive away.

• Visited October 2011