“as expected”

Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Tavern is the perfect place for anyone who wants a quality feed. Whether you're spending the day, night or simply passing by, this new addition to the local bar and restaurant scene will certainly cook up a treat! So if you want Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, give our restaurant a go. A f t e r O r d e r We serve also two Cretan spesiallites. One of them is the traditional Cretan Fish soup called Kakavia. In this soup we add potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, a lot of olive oil and of course fresh fishes from the sea of Falasarna (Falassarna). Our second traditional plate is the "Pilafi". Rise cooked with the soup of the chiken and served with chicken, lemon and yugurt. This plate is the most common in wedding in Crete. Finally we make Lobster Spaggeti with Fresh Lobster from the Sea of Kissamos or Chania.
Reviewed 29 August 2017

yes, its a panorama hotel and the panorama its beautifull, givining you that feeling of astonishing wonder. I highly apreciated the relaxing, quite atmosphere, not commercially loud ( I ve been in Turkey and not heard traditional music, but "Coco Jumbo", in Crete, Gouves, same ). The host was warm and friendly,not intrusive , but leaving us space to feel confortable. Room was spacious, clean, with well tasted decororation.
too pitty we stood one night, being on trip through Crete.
anyway, if we will ever comback to Crete, for sure I will return to this mostly enjoyable place!

Reviewed 27 August 2017

If you love Cretan food this is a good place. Try the local microbrewery beer! The view is spectacular. Do not miss the ancient Phalasarna ruins nearby.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

First we had fried zucchini balls, stuffed zuz hini flowers and tzatziki and these were fantastic. Encouraged, we then ordered grilled octopus and grilled sardines, which was a mistake. Octopus arrived cold and rubbery (I always thought that OCTOPUS has something to do with number eight but, one learn whole life, this one was four arms only - now it all comes together, maybe that was leftover from the previous day which would explain rubbery texture and cold). My wife ordered grilled sardines - well....these felt like defrosted in boiling water to cook and briefly grilled in order to create an impression of grill- poor effort, sorry. Bottom line, grilled disabled octopus and sardines just edible.

Antonis T, Owner at Panorama Tavern Falasarna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for your review. I am surprised that is your first time you taste octopus. A hole octopus (1000-1200gr) has 8 legs. I normal portion of octopus is 250gr. It is ironic to believe that you can have a hole octopus with 10euro. About the sardines if you don t know how it is cooked it is ugenst of tripadvisor rules to give unconfirmed information and we will inquiry your comment to deleted from the administrator.
The best way to eat as you want is to tell to the waiters what you want and how much money you want to spend thanks a lot for your visit and we hope next time we make you enjoy everithinig beter. The most of the igridients in creta is realy fresh and tasty. We want to tell us all the thinks you make you fill not so good so we can be better in all ways. Take care and have the best time.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Lovely family run taverna with a few rooms overlooking pool or Falasarna Beach. If you are looking for luxury than this place is not for you, if the simple things in life make you happy and you like peace and tranquility this place is perfect. We stayed 8 nights and would definitely stay again.

Antonis T, Owner at Panorama Tavern Falasarna, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you for your complements. We hope to see you again in our tavern and in our family hotel.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I stay at the Panorama Hotel in Falasarna every time I come to Crete. A visit to my favorite place in the world (Crete) wouldn't be complete without at least a few days here. And since it's right there, I typically eat most of my meals at the Panorama Taverna. However, it's not just the location that makes this my favorite place in Falasarna...it's the quality of the food, the friendliness of the hosts, and the lovely outdoor patio that offers stunning views during the daytime and a cheerful ambiance at night. There are some other decent places to eat in Falasarna (after all, it's hard to find bad food in Crete unless one insists on going all-inclusive or tourist-trap), but this is definitely my favorite.

1  Thank mkkdash1