Valais Hotel(Alykanas)
US$65
Villa Mantalena(Alykanas)
US$62
1,220 results
All reviewskids clubthomson repsalykanas villagelemon treesnack barevening entertainmentwater parkplastic cupsfamily resortbeach poolself cateringnext yearice creamair constray dogsyoung childrensoft play area
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Strenghts:
-close to bars
-friendly staff
-close to beach
-room cleaning everyday
-fresh towels every 2 days
-strong and amazing cocktails at the bar ! Very recommended!
-amazing things to visit around and rent quad bikes for 30euros for a day or for two days 40€
-plenty of trip offers ( boat around whole island with swimming stops 20€)
-enjoyed every moment in this beautiful island !
-close to local shops
- cheap!

Weaknesses:
-the same food for breakfast everyday
-weird smell in canteen
-could be a better choice to eat as food repeats-fries/chips, beans, pizza, burgers - chicken very hard fo eat doesnt taste like chicken what so ever
- no entertainment - same music at evenings
-have to pay for sun beds at the beach
-VERY ANNOYING PEOPLE WHO TRY TO SELL THINGS 100 TIMES A DAY AND WONT LEAVE YOU ALONE AS YOU COME ON HOLIDAY TO RELAX YOU CAN GET IRRITATED EACH DAY BECAUSE OF THEM
-Toilets near pools are terrible in day time .... some one pooed on floor and toilet sit which i founded disrespectful and disgusting!
-few of our clothes got stolen in hotel room
-cleaners come to room while you are there ...
-sometimes you can walk hungry .. as breakfast only until 10am , lunch 12:30-14 and dinner 18-21
-snacks are not included must pay
-clearly says no diving and people still so it ignoring the fact that some people cant swim!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dominika B
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Have just returned from two weeks here with my wife and two kids. I can’t really fault the place and think that the criticism is really unfair. The hotel facilities were excellent, clean and tidy with regular maid services. Staff really friendly and hardworking to keep guests happy throughout the days and evenings. Kids club was fantastic and the TUI staff were great with everyone. Food and restaurant really good with varied selection every day for adults and the kids.

All the bad press this place gets is down to expectation. The hotel is a 4 star and people need to remember this when booking their holiday. Evening entertainment could have been more but that is the only criticism. Kayleigh our TUI rep was a real star with the kids as well as Charlotte and the rest of the kids team who work phenomenally. Would recommend the place to anyone with a young family and a few tweaks on evening entertainment would give the additional quality needed.

Stayed: June 2018
6  Thank gerrywes2n
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I’m one of them naughty people that use trip advisor for all my travelling and always say I will write a review but never do
But this time I felt I should as I was quite nervous about the reviews I was reading before I came but I’m glad I went with my instinct on this one as it’s a great family hotel in a beautiful location.
I requested a sea view and I got an amazing beachfront location.
The hotel and pools was very clean. The cleaners and pool guy work so hard looking after the place.
The 2 guys in the pool bar worked very hard every day with a smile on their face.
The kids club was great!
All the staff was helpful and friendly.
There wasn’t loads of entertainment going on all the time but that’s what we prefer.
The food was ok.
There is restaurants and bars walking distance and plenty to do on this beautiful island.
The beach here is beautiful with views of kefilonia.
If I didnt have kids I would probably chose a different hotel but I would stay in Alykanas.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank lornalou26
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed for one week with my partner and disabled daughter who is in a wheelchair.
The room was lovely and spacious and spotlessly clean . The bathroom was a little on the small side but adequate.
The lay out of the complex is great and in a lovely location right on the beach.
I highly recommend this hotel to any family who are looking for a relaxing holiday in the sun

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Christine O
Reviewed 11 June 2018

In a few words, ant infestation in room, stinks of drainage constantly, run out of plates in restaurant, mouldy silicon around batchroom. Complained to Thomson whose presence is also useless at the hotel. Not for that price Thomson!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family