“40th birthday ”
Review of Beefeater

Beefeater
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We came here last night for my friends 40th. Had a friendly greeting on arrival. We ordered our drinks and arrived very quick. All of us had a starter. Me and my fiancé shared a starter which was calamari. It was fresh squid which was very nice. Then I had the surf and turf which was the best surf & turf I have had in a long time. Fresh scallops and calamari and prawns, and my steak was cooked to perfection, and everyone else is food was perfect. Friendly waiting staff. Will definitely be coming back there again

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We visited this excellent restaurant on Friday 24th August 2018.
The food was really good and the staff were both charming and attentive.
I really admired the way a member of staff dealt with a really difficult customer on the next table who complained that his chicken “didn’t feel like it was cooked properly” He had neither tasted his chicken nor even cut it!

We enjoyed the experience so much that we visited the restaurant again this evening. I can really recommend the rump of lamb, cooked how you like it and really delicious.

We shall certainly visit the restaurant again when we are next in the area.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We were staying locally and wanted an easy meal one evening. The Beefeater was exactly what we wanted. The steak was fantastic and our little one really enjoyed his children's meal. The staff were very attentive and friendly. Couldn't fault it.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival was told there were no tables for 5 even though the restaurant appeared empty and it was around 8pm we were told we could sit and order at the bar fair enough I thought. The only table large enough for us was covered in glasses, sauce sachets and sticky filth all over the table and at no point did any of the staff offer to clear the table so I did it myself. Upon ordering I also asked for a damp cloth so that I could wipe table down again no offer of someone wiping it down for us so again I did it myself.
After we had starters which were vile (stone cold scallops) the plates remained on table for over 15mins before mains were brought out at which point table was not cleared before mains were placed and not once but twice the waiter walked back to kitchen empty handed so by the time the final main arrived there was no room left on table.
The lad eventually realised he had cocked up
And to top it all off the food was the worst I have ever had in a beefeater or any other whitbread establishment and I eat in them regularly as I work/contract to whitbread. I rarely leave reviews but felt I had to for this apauling experience this particular beefeater needs a management overhaul quickly as Who ever currently runs this place clearly doesn’t give a .... judging by my own personal experience and other comments left on here. I will be logging my complaint further in the hope that this place is forced in to drastic improvement

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Called in for a breakfast, en route to Flambards. Booked a table in advance for the 9 of us, with no issue. We were shown to our seats quickly and I asked the waiter for pouring cream for my tea who seemed put out by the request, but went and got some anyway.

Food was exactly as expected of the chain and we all enjoyed.

We went to pay and the process seemed to take longer than eating had done... Despite waiting at the bar, the waitress overlooked us more than once, to take payment. Eventually a gentleman had to come out and and serve us... Better organisation and more efficiency at the till, is needed.