All reviews courtesy bus secluded beach beer wine long hill taxi into town close to the airport walking difficulties cleaned daily drinks package mama mia hotel is spotlessly clean a ground floor room greek hotels main restaurant relaxing holiday half board skiathos airport
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The view from the hotel is beautiful and you have planes flying past at eye level.
The rooms are cleaned daily and towels changed daily. There are only 2 small drawers in the room and a few hangers, no tea/coffee facilities but there is a fridge and hairdryer.

The food is ok and I can’t say more than that, there is very little in the way of fresh fruit, mainly tinned, the same items every day for breakfast. No boiled eggs, fresh scrambled eggs or fried, all oven baked and therefore like leather ! We have ate out on a number of evenings which has meant we have spent more, simply because we wanted to enjoy traditional fresh cooked Greek food. We thought going half board we would not need to go to the extra expense of eating out.
A bottle of water costs 2euro( greedy!) in the restaurant! The first night we went for dinner I asked the waiter for wine and a bottle of water 3 times before we actually got served. On the 7th night one of the waiters actually came to our table and asked if we would like to order drinks, ( it’s self serve, so apart from collecting plates and sometimes before you’ve even finished, they have nothing else to do), we declined as we had given up by then and we had bought our own as no doubt you will do if you value your budget and sanity!
From the pool area there are town and harbour views.
You need a car or some form of transport unless you use the courtesy bus to get into town, but if you’ve not been to Skiathos before, get some transport and see how beautiful the island is, and for some night life, even if it’s only people watching in the town or going to tavernas whilst on the beach.

We will never return to this hotel it has not been an experience we would wish to endure again. To top it all our plumbing gave up on our last day and despite informing receptionist in the early afternoon when I first discovered we had no water I had to go again to reception at 6.00pm to inform receptionist still no water at that he said he would ring the plumber. At no point did reception check with us if we had water, as I write this review at 21.30 local time still only a trickle of water from the sink tap.

I would be very surprised if there is any response to this review ( nor do I want one) as the manager/owner whatever she is, has not at any one time deigned to say hello or good morning or even a nod and a smile.
What a shame with the right management it could be a great hotel!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pamnjohn
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Visited the Punta hotel again 9th time here.
Once again a very relaxing holiday in this paradise. Positioned in a quiet part of the Island with spectacular views into the town. A car would be recommended, but taxis would not break the bank and there is also a courtesy coach to take you into the town and bring you back again. Accommodation is excellent with a large pool for those that prefer that.
Since last year the hotel has gone to half board from fully inclusive which may please some people. I must say the meals were excellent and varied. Noise from the club's and airport are minimal there are no night flights into Skiathos Airport anyway.
It is well worth a visit if you are looking for quiet and peaceful but please do your homework first in order to avoid disappointment. You are in a quiet part of the Island.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NormanR1
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

It's what it's about.gorgeous. Basic. Clean. Bit dissapointed not a draw anywhere. Not many clothes hangers.food repetitive yet always something you could eat. Desserts, cake one night.ice cream the next. €50 euro deposit for safe key.not push button. Staff friendly. Courtesy bus used a lot by people. Some hired a car.would I go back. No.bit too isolated for me.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gilian W
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

It is a very beautiful small hotel. The location and its view is just amazing and the staff is mostly friendly. They're all always there to help and never fail to try. Reading other reviews which claim the staff is rude seems a little off to me as to my experiences here were just great. Sure maybe sometimes they're not smiling but they're not to blame, I wouldn't be smiling all day either if I'd work in this heat every day and all day long. The waiters in the restaurant are very kind and always greet you, just as the barmen, they might work a little slow but you'll still have your drinks within 3-5min so it's no big deal. The rooms get cleaned every single day, even if you say they don't have to they'll wait until you leave you're room and just clean it perfectly. I can't think of anything too bad. Being realistic here, the drinks might be a little expensive but that's just a thing on the entire island since it's run by tourism so it wouldn't be any different in another hotel also besides the shuttle which is a very good and especially free option to get to town and back, the taxis are not too expensive either and often there are people on the taxi stop which you could share the ride with so each group would only have to pay 5€ or on your own 10€. The people all drive a little crazier here but the shuttle driver which is provided by the hotel is very experienced and still drives very safely and makes even the ruff ride which comes from the dirt tracks, bearable. But since the hotel is a little bit further away from the town than some others it might be nice to have a little shop with essential stuff like sunscreen or water and maybe little snacks just like in a supermarket but since there are a lot of places right in town that are opened 24/7 it's not even a must since you can get all the stuff in town and store in Your room and also Every room has a refrigerator which is just the best thing ever! My sister and I are just blown away by the chill vibes we get here and are sad to leave but for sure will come back since this place is just the perfect little hotel with an amazing view and it not being too big and therefore not too packed with people is amazing!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Noura A
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Lovely clean hotel ,staff very friendly in bar and restaurant nothing too much trouble.Rooms cleaned everyday,food in restaurant good but a bit repetitive you can always find something to eat.Drinks and snack expensive ,but then so is the town .Beautiful views ,clean swimming pool, not enough shade around the pool.
Too far out of town to walk comfortably in the heat ,long way down a difficult track to a shingle beach,have to take all drinks and snacks with you as nothing there other than a few sun beds.€10 a taxi ride from harbour back to hotel,€40 a day to hire a quad bike at hotel €26 in town.No entertainment at hotel a tv in bar but only on for football ,no where to walk after dinner unless you have hiking boots.such a shame of position.But saying all of this had a very chilled week ,but wouldn’t go back only because of position of hotel .

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple