All reviewsaqua mundobeautiful parkzip wirekidslotslidesbookhousegamesaccommodationbikesbungalowparkscpaquamundonatureeurope
Reviewed 9 April 2016

This is our second visit to Dutch Centerparcs having visited De Kemperveenen last year so it had a lot to live up to. Didn't find the beds soft as in other reviews, if anything a little firm. We stayed in a premier lodge which was the right balance of cost vs comfort. Picked a lovely spot cottage 843 central and near all the amenities but up a little path so not overlooked or walked past giving privacy. Had all the usual centerparcs activities except for badminton. Even had an observatory although only worthwhile for beginners / those who have limited access to a telescope. Lovely setting nice and peaceful. On the odd occasion, the drains in the bathroom were a bit smelly but other than that no issues. Son hurt his hand on the first day falling off his bike and the staff were helpful in directing us to a hospital and when my phone wouldn't dial internationally, ringing ahead to book him in on our behalf. Most staff had good english even though there weren't many english people there so the kids had fun on all the activities. Would definitely go again. Ate once on-site at the pancake house and the price was extortionate. Supermarket a little more expensive than offsite but with Ceoverden just down the road with a Jumbo supermarket, Aldi and Lidl there was no need to but anything but the morning fresh bread on site

Room Tip: 843 has views of the lake but quiet and peaceful cabin
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2016

First when I walked into the room was really dark so switched all the lights in the room. However when I stand at closet mirror still could not find the switch so I look into the celling and found there was no recessed downlight on the celling and can see through the celling hole. Head board did not sealed so it kept falling down and made loud noise so we decided to remove to the side.Eventhough we stayed for two nights however housekeeing still did not fix the problem.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2015

This was the first time in a Center Parcs for me. Since we have younger children usually we visit (quite regularly) a park from another provider (Landal) for a midweek or weekend. If the name Center Parcs is discussed it is often mentioned together with the excellent quality "aqua mundo" and the "market dome" in most parks. I must say I was quite impressed by the pool. Maybe the best I've been to so far. This is a huge park and so is the Aqua Mundo. Slides, wild water area, everything you need!

The bungalow itself is fairly basic and perhaps in need of modernization but does provide the standard. Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Most restaurants and supermarket are outrageously expensive (supermarket prices can easily charge you more than 50% of the "normal" prices)
Not offering a free WiFi network in the bungalow is really outdated. Luckily I had my KPN hotspot log- on hand so free Internet was still available. The Emmen Zoo is real cool and you can easily spend a few hours over there!

All in all a good weekend. I still find the park too expensive and the only reason I 'd would book another stay at Center Parcs is the pool.

Room Tip: Bungalow 102 is not far from the market dome and the front desk and still offers plenty of privacy.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank roman158
Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

We used this CP as a base for a long weekend. Cottage was clean but desperately needs updating. Beds were very soft and need new mattresses! Staff were all very helpful, especially the bar waiter Barry. The pool area is good but small and limited compared to others we have been too (5 others) even our water junkie got a bit bored. Disappointing that the shows, crazy bingo were in action stations and not the market dome, can see why as a lot more room, but the games machine, football on the tv, kids play area all still open too! Shame there was not the option to have an evening drink in the market garden as it looks lovely all lit up, we sat outside in the end as it was a nice evening. Normally see lots of management walking around checking everything is as it should be, but didn't see a single member of management! The shop seemed to close very early and not the best stocked shop at a CP. Lovely pastries in the bakery. All in all a good base, clean park but not sure it was worth a 4 hour drive from the port when other parcs offer better.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank J S
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Choosing the VIP cottage was the right choice based on other reviews. Every morning you have a bagful of bread hanging on your front door - more than enough for a family of 5. Lovely bread too! The facilities in the room are excellent, but the rooms are smelly and the bedding and pillows are uncomfortable. It smells like wet dog and cigarettes in the bedding and furniture. A shame - such a nice cottage otherwise!

The pool and other facilities are excellent. The children were never bored. Going half board was a good move but, for the 7 nights, I booked 6 half board tickets. The Evergreens buffet was better than I expected. However, there are a lot of places to eat and, in retrospect, I'd lessen the half board tickets and would have tried out some of the others.

Very nearby is Plopsa. Great for little ones. They don't open Mondays.

We also bought passes for Emmen zoo. It was tricky finding parking there and when we did, it was quite a long walk. Worth it though.

Overall, this was is a fair priced holiday and slightly superior to the English Center Parcs despite being a bit dated here and there. Very few English people were there but the staff were excellent at helping out.

We'll definitely return.