US$246
Ios Palace Hotel(Milopotas)
  • Bar/Lounge
Galaxy Hotel(Milopotas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsplace to staybeach clubacross the roadpool partiesyoung peopleair conincluded breakfastawesome poolamazing atmosphereaustralian flagmini mart on sitesushi barbed roomate herefree shuttlepeak seasonwater sports
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

My partner and I spent three nights at far out village. The pool, bar, food and location were all top notch. The pizza is amazing!! Lovely clean pool. Room was large but downside was the bathroom. The toilet is too close to the wall so if you're tall your knees are jammed up against the wall, and the shower took about 5 mins for the temperature to regulate and had very average pressure. Great air conditioning though and lots of space.
A quick 5 min bus takes you to the city centre and the beach with the sun lounges right across the road was a favourite spot. Also has a small store and hire shop for 4wd/scooters close by. Breakfast was simple but fresh, I enjoyed the delicious muesli and Yoghurt. We would definitely reccommend and return to far out again!!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights and overall we enjoyed our stay. The room was spacious and had a fridge which was really helpful. We also hair air conditioning and our towels were changed regularly. The wifi didn't really reach our room, however worked at times, the wifi was good out in the dining and pool area though. We had breakfast included which was simple but good enough, they also sold more breakfast options out in the restaurant. We don't really have any negatives from our stay except for the staff. The staff at the reception weren't exactly friendly and didn't pay attention to us if they were having they own personal conversations. The staff in the restaurant weren't friendly either and at times took a long time to acknowledge we were there or give us menus, and took a long time to take our orders and had to ask for things multiple times which became irritating. We left once due to this and ate else were as it was taking too long. Other than that we enjoyed everything else !

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

After having some dodgy accommodation elsewhere I lowered my expectations for Far-Out but I was delightfully surprised. The room was very clean, air conditioned and quiet. Upon checking in the staff were very helpful with any requests I had, one of them even drove me up to my room in the golf cart. There is free wifi but it only works closer to check in area and the restaurant. The beach across the road is beautiful and clean, there's also water sports available. As it was off peak season they allowed me to have the sun bed free of charge. There's a bus stop right outside the hotel that you can catch into town during the day/evening. Walking back from town only takes approx 30 mins if it's after midnight and you can't get a taxi.

The restaurant itself has great food, the staff could be a bit hit and miss sometimes you would get excellent service other times not so much. Twice when I went to order they didn't have what I wanted (burger bun for my burger or pancakes that were on the menu) I declined the alternative then the waitress came back saying that they could give me what I originally asked for. Maybe lack of communication between kitchen and wait staff?

Overall I would recommend Far Out to anyone wanting a chilled time in Ios.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Nice resort with breakfast included. Room was cleaned daily. WiFi only works in the restaurant/pool areas and not the rooms. Air conditioning did not work very well. Nice clean pool areas. Beautiful beach but must pay for sun beds and umbrellas. Overall good experience despite very young crowd.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank My1cyn
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Far Out village was a very comfortable places to stay. While the rooms are a bit on the basic side, the beach and pool area made up for it. I would definitely recommend the sushi bar. The included breakfast wasn't bad, but a very simple continental. I would suggest splashing out and ordering from their cooked breakfast menu. The smoked salmon and poached eggs were delicious.
On the whole the location is great. But it is a little hard getting home after spending a night in the bars as the bus finishes running at midnight and there are few taxis on the island.

Will definitely return!