eDreams
Destinia.com
FindHotel
Etrip
Prestigia.com
All reviews panna cotta design villa lake sauna berries package
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2019

We stayed at one of the design villas during christmas. It was really cold at the villa (it was around -20 celsius outside). There were two fireplaces and there came cold air from outside, there was no way to close the lower conduit from the fireplace. We got some extra heaters and somebody had laid rugs to cover the conduits. It helped with the cold but maybe because of this there came an error in ventilation system and we couldn't use the fireplaces anymore.

The villas are really beautiful and clean and the landscape is spectacular over the lake. Although it was winter we still had planty of flies inside, they came from the walls (?). That was a bit disturbing.

We had all the meals at the restaurant. Breakfast buffet was in my opinion the best, had fresh variety and plenty to choose from. You should really taste the out porridge that is stewed overnight in an oven. Only downside to breakfast comes from really bad coffee from a machine. The variety in the dinner and lunch was ok, but don't expect to have any vegetarian dishes (I had mentioned that I'm a vegetarian while doing our reservation, but there were no warm dishes at the buffet).

There is a small pool area that we used one time. Water was really cold in all the pools and there is a strong sewer odour in the pool area which made our stay a short one. I also had two treatments in the spa. They were both nice, but the same odour was distracting also at the spa.

Overall we expected a bit more based on the web sides and ads, so were a little dissapointed to what we got. But I think the villas are more cozy on summertime. The staff was friendly and allways happy to help.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

I would like to tell you a few words about our terrible stay at Anttolanhovi hotel. Where we are at the moment.
We’ve booked this hotel earlier before our trip on a Booking.com website.
We decided not to rent just a house, but to stay at the hotel as we did really wanted to be serviced during the holidays.
So we booked a 4 star Anttolanhovi hotel for 20 days.
1. And our vacations started from a dust in the room and spider’s web on the windows.
2. We addressed this question to the hotel, they sent the staff to make up cleaning and after the cleaning nothing changed there was dust on the dining table, coffee table, dirt in the corners of all the rooms.
3. We asked the hotel staff again to remake the cleaning, but it was not done Really properly again.
It was a real surprise for me , that in a four star hotel I have to request and request and repeat the request to clean our villa.

I must point out, that all these requests I had to make up by coming from my villa to the reception, as they Do not have the phones on their Luxury villas!!! (As the villas are the most Expensive properties for living at this hotel)
So having no phone in the villa, I could not order any room service any toilet paper to say nothing of any other thing. I just had to come myself to the reception, or to use my mobile, what is absolutely inconvenient as I phoned to the reception through Moscow!

1. The breakfast finishes at 10:30 at this hotel. On 09.07.18 we came at the restaurant at 10:10 (me, my husband and my child) Most of the food was not available already at this time and when I asked the staff to bring some omelet, as we’ve just came in, the sheff helper told me that at 10:10 they do not bring any finished food as the breakfast will be closed in 20 minuets!!!
It is absolutely impossible that at any 5 or 4 star hotel was such an attitude to the guests!!!

What was the last drop that made me reflect my opinion here is that,
Upon arrival the reception staff declared us that they have private sauna with a private swimming pool to book any time it’s available.

And we really relaxed in there in the private sauna with the Private Pool on the 03.07.18. from 18:00 till 20:00.

On 09.07.18. We booked the private sauna with the pool for the evening to relax.

When we came at the appointed time, to the sauna, the pool of this sauna was opened for the other guests and there were no towels, no bathrobes in there. And when I addressed the staff with the question that they declared before and we Rented before the private sauna with the private pool and they can check it, they told me, that now it is not possible, as it was a Mistake!!!

So, to make up the conclusion, I would like to say that, this hotel doesn’t cost the money we paid, as I really thought that I will relax in a four star hotel, but it occurred that I just rented a bongalo for that money.
No real service,
No one knows the rules, they promise one and do the other.

Just a small remark. Almost a half of the bicycles was broken and not possible to use. And the minibar was filled in only on the 5th day of our arrival.
And now it’s up to you to decide whether to go here or not. Might be really better just to rent a house? At least you know what you will have there.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2018

The Art & Design Villas are incredible, which is the reason for the 5 star rating. You will not get the same experience of sitting in a high fashion, beautiful designer villa, enjoying the perfect PRIVATE view of Lake Saimaa, anywhere else. The villas are beautifully equipped with three double bedrooms, kitchen and sauna - everything is roomy and nicely designed. I cannot recommend the lakeside villas enough. You can cook your own food or order in from the restaurant which is rather rare for this region. To wake up to the sight of Lake Saimaa just outside your bedroom is just brilliant. And you can get beauty treatments / massages done at the villa for a very reasonable price if you prebook!

The rest of the resort is tired and in a bad need of a facelift. We ate at the restaurant one evening and it was fine - the food was nice enough, the service was as tired as the resort. The rest of it does not match the beautiful villas, although there are a lot of activities that does not make up for the 70's feel of the place.

Stay in the villas, you will love it.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tiikeri2011
Reviewed 25 October 2018

We chose the place because it was conveniently situated on our cycling route. We had in fact been there some fifteen years earlier with our children and basically nothing had changed: we felt that the concept had become ”last season” and the hotel at best mediocre.

The room was otherwise ok, but the cleaning had not been that thorough and it smelled bad: a combination of stale air and cleaning stuff that reminded us of old age homes.

Then the good things (without which I would have given only two points). The hotel is in beautiful surroundings and the arrange you canoes, rowing boats, SUP’s, Nordic walking sticks etc. For you to enjoy the landscape and fresh air. Also the service both at the reception and in the (otherwise average) restaurant were friendly, helpful, positive and smiling.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We visited with collages on this site. Kitchen makes absolute great food. We did eat 3 different meals and everyone was excellent.
Breakfast was very scandinavic and good.
Also staff is very helpful and rooms are new and renovated.
Room's were clean and view from balcony was great lake view.
Also there is cabin's for hire Art&Deco.
Spa is little bit old and warm water pool temperature wasn't 32c. Also Steam sauna were not enough steam. Sauna was also little inefficient. But still waiting for awhile we did get some of heat from sauna stove.

Overall i'm with place and i coming back with my family.

Resort is about 35 minutes driveway of Mikkeli city.
Nearest shop is in Anttola about 2km away.

Date of stay: October 2018