See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2015

lousy hotel, lousy staff, lousy food, worst holiday ever.
hotel full of Russian prostitutes, gangsters, and unfriendly locals.
hotel was smack in the middle of what appeared to be two open sewers.
even the ants in our room moved out, it was so bad.

Room Tip: don't even consider this place.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

Very basic but you get what you pay for, its location is not ideal. Its kept well clean in communal areas but rooms lack cleanliness. Some rooms have kitchenettes in but not up to much cop. I'd say pay a little extra and go elsewhere.

Enjoy

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Not my cup of tea but I guess for hen n stag parties n people who just wanna party it's ok! But me n my husband just made the best of an average situation. Staff were lovely, food was awful, rooms were average but we went out and about most of the time!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 15 November 2010

wish we had stayed elsewhere. first room was so filthy i couldn't bring myself to use bathroom.second room better, but holes in nylon type sheets. food dire, left overs at each meal for up to 4 days, breakfast finished at 0900, supper at 2100. staff ranged from helpful to surly, some clearly resent westerners especially women.
my second visit to sousse, a great area to explore but stay in a decent hotel, not this one

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We travelled for a late break and as my other half fancied somewhere that was a short flight away. Should not have listened to him!

I read the reports AFTER booking so was expecting things to be very bad. However, I dont think the place is as bad as some have stated considering it cost so little to stay there for the week half board. Well, that is a joke as we ate breakfast twice and only ate the evening meal, once.

Yes the place is very run down and the pool is a disgrace and no-one attempted to get in it when we were there, except to dangle their feet in to cool down.

The towels were changed every day, but the sheets were not changed at all.

The local men all use the bars as their locals and we felt uncomfortable going in there and ended up taking drinks up to our room and sitting out on the balcony. Ok if you had a pool view like we did. Dont know what it would be like if you faced the busy main road.

We used the local yellow cabs to get about. Make sure you settle a price before you get in other wise they will try to push it. we paid between 3-5 dinar to get into Sousse medina and then about 6-7 coming back as they charge more for the evening. The one time they used the meter, it came to over 10 Dinar!!!!!! dodgy clockk or what!

Every where you go you get people trying to get you to give them money, sometimes for nothing. I felt very uncomfortable. We went off the beaten track a few times to see how the locals live and it certainly makes you appreciate what we have back in the good old UK.

Saving grace... local supermarket outside on the right. Sold everything to keep you alive for the week.

Take a bottle of whatever you like to drink as they only sell wine or local stuff and that is not what we want at times.

We found the bed very comfy, but some might find them hard.

No one to help book any trips etc.

Port el Kantoui (not the right spelling) worth a visit as it is very relaxing. NO character though as purpose built in the 70's.

There are some lovely 4-5* hotels nearby in Sousse which may make for a more enjoyable stay.

All in all, I wish I had spent the money on a few days in the UK. Has TOTALLY out me off of visiting the country again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple