Lowest prices for your stay
US$108
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2018

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. It was nice, since it was not especially busy, and the hosts went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. It is not in the middle of the action, so is best if you would like a quiet time and to chill a little. We had wonderful views form our balcony, and a lovely duplex room.

Room tip: Ask for a duplex if there are more than 2 of you coming.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Frégate B, Propriétaire at Hotel Fregate Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear John,

Thank you so much to take the time to write a little message to describe your stay.

We are very happy to read that you enjoy the place like it must be.

Best regards,

Damien & Emilie

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Martinique is not the island of luxury hotels so Fregate blue is among the better hotels. It is somehow a strange place. The rooms are not that good to be honest, the furniture is cheap and the breakfast is very basic. However, you feel really cosy here. The rooms on the 1st floor offer great sea views and you can enjoy the sunrise and sundown on your own terrace. It is not a cheap hotel by any means as we payed 125€ per night exc. breakfst but again it is Martinique and everything is expensive here. After all I liked this hotel the most during our 3 weeks stay on the island.

Date of stay: January 2017
3  Thank PalinaKozyrava
Frégate B, Responsable réception at Hotel Fregate Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Hello,

Thanks for your message, we're happy to read you and see you enjoy your stay.
We do all the renovations and change the style of our rooms, no cheap furnitures no more.
We expect to see you again in our hotel and show you all our new stuff and activities.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We (I and my husband) needed a nice place to spend one night, not too far from the airport. When arrived, our room wasn`t ready yet. We were recommended a pleasant restaurant nearby (there was a problem with the kitchen staff, so we also had to order our dinner that would be actually ordered at some restaurant). After having drunk a bottle of a nice rose wine, we went to have lunch. When we got back, the room was available. It was located in smaller building with a tiny terrace and a nice sea view. The room was nicely decorated - really cute and with character. What seemed to be an in-built wardrobe, was actually a place with a wash-basin, a toilet and a shower. Very clever! One could use a cute, little swimming pool. There were a few sun-beds around it.
In the evening we had a drink at the hotel bar (by the pool; I wouldn`t recommend the drinks at that bar) and our pre-ordered dinner (quite nice).
Unfortunately, I could hear every single step of a guest (or guests) living above us. Luckily, that guest went to bed not very late.
The breakfast was fine (included in the price). We could stay a bit longer than the usual checking-out time. To kill the time we wanted to have some wine but literally there was nobody to ask. Finally, we found a cleaning lady (I think), who served us the wine and also we could pay her. I think the place is worth the money. Maybe not for a longer holiday. I apologise for the "cute" so many times but it seems the best to describe Fregate Bleue.

Date of stay: February 2017
2  Thank MartiniWarsaw
Frégate B, Responsable réception at Hotel Fregate Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Hello MartiniWarsaw,

Thanks for our nice comment, we so glad you enjoyed your stay. We will be so happy to welcome you again.

Best Regards.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel Fregate Bleue was a perfect "home base" for our 5 days in Martinique.

Earlier reviews were unhappy with the restaurant - I am happy to report we enjoyed every meal. The restaurant was serving when we arrived, (a rare find for the island,) and the food was beautiful and delicious. It seemed pricey until we figured that a restaurant at home would have tax and tip added to the bill; service and VAT were included so it was a decent value for the quality. The bar was accommodating and the wine was good.

The location was central and ideal for our island exploration. I had read that it was difficult to find - after driving around Martinique I'd say the hotel is as simple to find and accessible as almost any location. You'd be wise to carry or download GPS navigation. And you'll definitely need a car. The hotel has parking.

The room. Get a sea view. A balcony if you can. Our room was spotlessly maintained, housekeeping was attentive. It wasn't perfect - the microwave didn't work, the windows whistled in a high wind. But we've traveled a bit in the Caribbean and Latin America. Management maintained the room as well as we expected for what we paid. Small attention to details (the hairdryer had a US outlet in the unit) were appreciated.

The staff was friendly, present and helpful. They were indulgent of my bad French. Their restaurant suggestions were good. The pool was spotless, though we didn't stay around during the days to swim. The breakfast was nothing exciting and a bit overpriced. We were glad to have the option, but we usually chose to start the day at the patisserie in Francoise.

We would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Grlsam,

Thanks for your comment, we so happy you enjoyed your stay and our restaurant ! We will so happy to welcome you again at Frégate Bleue !

Best Regards

Reviewed 19 March 2017

We stayed at this hotel from march 3 to march 9 . Before the negative I will go to the positive. All of the employees were lovely and worked hard to be helpful . At first glance the hotel is lovely, the view of the bay is awesome, then we got our room. Well let me tell you I felt like a teenager living in someone's basement, I was speechless. I guess this is what they called garden view, 1 small window over a sink that was obviously not in working order, no view if you were tall enough you could see it was the parking, WOW! I must say housekeeping lady kept it nice and clean the whole week.
Now to top it off on arrival there was supposed to be a restaurant, nope they gave us a choice of 3 meals , I suppose they ordered out it came back cold and tasteless 25 Euro each... ouch for some awful food. Now their breakfast just as bad except for the croissant which were nice, self serve and fruit plate not fresh , cold plate platter which I wouldn't have touched.. 12 Euros each!! A chef was hired by the end of the week hopefully things got better, as the hotel is far from town and the roads are difficult in the evening.
The pool is not nice , murky water , broken tiles and very small, so much for the pool.
I'm afraid much needs to be done to make this a great little hotel, and the new owners need to be more present for their guests, and not get insulted when a patron has a complaint, also it would be nice that the gentleman who owns this hotel is not seen drunk in the evening and giving his rum away, as much as telling customers to help themselves at the bar!! Very disappointed.. There are better hotels in the area..
Just could not recommend this hotel

Room tip: Sea view room
Date of stay: March 2017
3  Thank lised398
Frégate B, Responsable réception at Hotel Fregate Bleue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hello Lise D,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a comment. I noticed all your comment to improve the standing and the rest af the hotel.