“Great ice cream-great sweets”

Karamela Zaxaroplasteion
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Hydra Town
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Description: Candy shop. Handmade cakes. Gelato.
Description: Candy shop. Handmade cakes. Gelato.
Reviewed 14 April 2018

The service was great,we asked for a drink which was not in the menu and the girl tried to please us by trying to find a solution from the restaurant they own.Great sweets!!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We stopped by this dessert shop for ice cream after getting off the cruise ship; it's fairly close to the port and less crowded since everyone else stopped at the first ice cream shop in sight, leaving this gem for us ;)

We tried chocolate and vanilla ice cream, both were tasty and hit the spot. The cones were also fresh and crunchy.

Recommended for creamy ice cream; I would try other flavours as well. Chocolate was awesome.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Visited in May 18 for some ice cream made with goat's milk. The owner, Flora, had a good range of flavours - we chose caramel and stratiacelli. Both were great.
Saw a tasty range if pastries and cakes but restrained ourselves. ....but next time!!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We were part of a large tour group and our guide mentioned a number of times about this wonderful little place on Hydra that served Galaktoboureko (Milk Pie) and that it was amazing. I had never heard of this and as the purpose of our trip was to try many things this went to the top of the list. When we docked we headed to Karamela Zaxaroplasteion straight away. We walked in and I was overwhelmed with the tasty looking items for me to try. But my mission was clear and we asked for Galaktoboureko. This was served up and looked wonderful. This is where I made my mistake. It looked very rich and my wife and I decided to share a large piece. Had I a chance to do it again I would have gotten one all my own. This is an amazing dessert and I think it is one of the best things I have ever eaten. The little shop is off the main path but well worth seeking out. If Galaktoboureko is not for you do not worry, there were many, many other options for you to enjoy.. It topped off a very nice visit to a special place.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

While they have a limited number of flavors, the gelato here is by far the best in Hydra. The coffee is also great and certainly the best takeaway coffee available. Baked goods are also really nice.