Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
View deal
Free cancellation until 20/10/21
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 May 2019

I've spent a family vacation in this hotel in August, 2018 and decided I should share my experience to help those who are still in two minds - to go or not to go.
The reason we chose this place as our holiday destination is that we are absolutely in love with Crete and the hotel offered a really attractive price for the selected dates. These were actually the only two facts that made not regret my decision later on. After all, when you pay less, be ready to get less.

*Location*
It is when we arrived to this hotel, I actually understood what 'a middle of nowhere' must look like - no nearby hotels and lively tourist attractions, just a busy road, a few mediocre souvenir shops and two or three taverns with loud music and traditional selection of dishes. Secluded and peaceful at first, the neighborhood started seeming deserted and boring later on, as we found it more and more difficult to keep ourselves entertained in the evenings.
Seaside on the other hand was absolutely fantastic - soft white sand, warm and transparent water with tiny fish swimming here and there right at your feet, beautiful sunsets and sunrises. What's more to ask for?

*Facilities*
Our hotel room was big enough and quite clean, but the furniture and other equipment did ask for some maintenance. It must all have been new and nice once, but seemed too uncared-for.
We also had a small terrace with table and chairs, which was a nice place to spend hot Greek afternoons and warm evenings.
The room was located in the main building, just a few steps away from the restaurant, which means it turned noisy at times, but in its turn had quite good wi-fi connection. The room was also equipped with a small 'old-school' TV and a fridge, but if you want to get a safe, as we did, be ready to pay extra.

*Food*
Were my expectations too high or was the hotel probably having the hard times, but the food was actually the biggest drawback to this place. The dishes served did taste quite good and you could always find something to eat, but the choice was as limited as ever. Breakfasts were the worse - almost no fresh vegetables and fruits, no pancakes, no yoghurts and warm milk. Just eggs, sausages that tasted nothing like meat and some pastry (really good, to be honest) - this is what we got for breakfast for each of the ten days we spent at the hotel. The coffee was also rather bad and you usually had to ask waiters for the black tea, since they somehow always forgot to replenish the teabags.
Lunches and dinners were slightly better, the food being warm and quite tasty. But if you have to choose from the same set of dishes every day, you'll probably find it hard to enjoy it. What is more, there were absolutely no deserts on offer, but for a few glasses of colorful jelly, which looked as though they'd been there for long and were about to stay :)
However, I should also mention that free soft drinks and even some local alcohol were available from 10:00 till 20:00 in the pool bar, which is not always the case about Greek hotels, and the ice-cream served there at the afternoons was a nice supplement to our somehow boring daily menu.

*Free time activities*
As I've already mentioned, the hotel is located in a somehow deserted area, so you'll have to try really hard to keep yourself entertained during the day and especially in the evenings. Funny thing is, the hotel actually had an animation team, who could have brightened up our mundane holiday life with some sports or water activities, but having to stay at this hotel for almost the whole summer, at times they seemed to be even more bored than we were :)
For a change, you could take a half-an-hour bus ride to Rethymnon and spend an afternoon in this charming little city with traditional Mediterranean architecture, numerous taverns and lively shops selling traditional goods and souvenirs.
I also strongly recommend renting a car and going to one of Crete's most popular sights - Elafonissi islands. It'll probably not be the easiest journey (app. 150 kms) and the place is most likely to be rather crowded, but once you get there, you'll surely understand what all the fuss is about.

To sum up, some may argue that you should not expect much from a 3-star hotel, but I'd say it's not always about the money, it's more about loving what you do and being ready to go an extra mile to make your guests truly enjoy their stay. And that's the point they are probably slightly missing here, at Krini Beach.
So, if you are a rather undemanding traveller able to appreciate the small things in life, you probably won't be disappointed by this place.
On the other hand, if you're not on a tight budget and want to experience Crete at its best, try looking for other holiday destinations, where the natural beauty of the surroundings will be nicely supplemented by comfortable accommodation, delicious food and traditional Greek hospitality.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank R0m
Reviewed 28 December 2018

I have staid in the hotel in June 2018 with my wife and two children (2 & 5).
The hotel is nice, the food is OK. There is always something that kids want to eat. The rooms are spacey and clean enough.

There is whole day animation for children, but since most of the guests are Russian speaking the animation for the kids is also in Russian. So if you kids do not know Russian...

The beach just in front of the hotel is rocky. It is very hard to go into the water in this part of the beach because of the rocks and waves. So you will have to walk for 300-500m to get to the part of the beach that is more accessible.

If you like evening walks, there is not much around the hotel. There is one supermarket and one restaurant 20m from the hotel and that's it. For everything else you will need a car.

Free wifi is available only in the reception and pool area.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I've spent my vacation there in july 2017 and my overall opinion is that is a nice place to relax, it's close to the town where you can find real good taverns. There is a bus station outside the hotel so you can go allmost everywhere real cheap. I've paid 1200 euros for two persons with all inclusive and plane tickets. I recomand not to pay all inclusive services because the bar hasn't enough drinks and even the drinks with money are below average. There are two taverns and a grocery store near the hotel so...... go there.
The food is ok but no so diversified. The rooms are pretty big, clean, the bathroom is nice but don't stay on the ground floor , there's a not a pleasent smell and everyone passes by can see into your room. The beach is quite nice, the pool is medium and clean, the beds on the top are free but those on the beach are not. The sea water is clean but not suited for children, because after 4-5 meters it reaches 1,5 m and after that for about 10 meters it reaches 1 meters so beware at the first steps, afther that is ok
The only big problem I had with this hotel is that is designed only for Russians ,not that I have a problem with them but all the activities were for them, the bar mini parties were for them and so on.
The greek staff is friendly - 2-4 persons
It's not a luxurious hotel but a nice place to relax and the location, their position on the beach, close to everything you need, is worth coming back

Room tip: Not on the ground floor
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I just came back from excursion to Crete and Krini beach hotel and I looked forward to writing my review! :) The hotel is really nice, the rooms are cleaned everyday, the towels and the bed sheets are changed regularly and they are convenient with good furniture! The hotel is just at the beach, it has two pools: one big and one for children, beach bar with an adorable scenery to the sea, spacious restaurant and a parlor in the lobby. What my family and I didn't like was the food and the entire all inclusive program. The dishes were similar most of the time that you might feel tired of eating one and the same everyday, moreover the salads and the desserts fineshed quickly and we hardly found the opportunity the try baklava, for instance. About the beverages:during dinner time you could drink only white/red wine, there wasn't beer, nor some other alcohol drinks such as: ouzo, raki, whiskey and etc. At the beach bar beer and raki were included in the all inclusive program but coffee and tea- no, only during the afternoon breakfast and so is for the ice cream. The last two days of my vacation there I got ill with sore throat and I wanted to drink tea in big amounts, but I was hindered due to the statements I already gave. The other thing that was annoying is the price of 5 euro for umbrellas and beds at the beach. I've travelled a lot in Greece and I have found that using set at the beach is for free, provided that you buy something such as frappe at the cafe which runs the umbrellas and beds at the beach. Everything else was fine and however I am glad that I've been their guest! :)

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank sottytsekov97
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Hotel need more people for cleaning and more waiters. Service and free drinks was a low level, drinks and ice-crem at beach bar was served in plastic cups. Wi-fi is available at reception desk only. Also all people smokes everywhere, for us it was terribly.

Room tip: I don't advice room 222, as at night it isn't possible to turn on the air conditioner as it is directet to the bed
Date of stay: July 2017