US$213
  • Restaurant
Hotel Grace(Sfakaki)
  • Restaurant
Agoda.com
All reviewsgreat holidayenjoy your stayamazing weekquiet holidaylocal tavernasmin drivelarge balconynice beachsea viewself cateringair conditioningsupermarketcretenightlifeeurocoachvillage
SCUNTHORPE, ENGLAND
Reviewed 13 August 2005

We recommend anyone to go there, what a brile place. The rooms are clean and tidy. The pool is also very clean and tidy, the kids loved it. the hill was a killer but u got used to it. Pagona ,stefanos n stelios were fab people, they made our holiday. the Sunday bbq is not to be missed ,great spread. we all had a good time cause all the guests that were there when we were joined in with all the fun. We are going back next aug 2006 without the kids ,so pagona n stefanos get the bottle fridge stocked up for then and the shots!

28  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 August 2005

My partner, partners daughter,(14yrs), & myself arrived at the Radamanthy,s & were met at the reception by Pagona, who greeted us warmly & showed us to our room. Having visited many greek resorts in the past, I was more than pleasantly suprised at the standard of the appartment. ( there was an actual shower , with the fittings, & I didnt have to make a shower nozzle holder out of a bent coat hanger as is the usual case). The appartment was clean & spacious & there was a the provision of air con & a safe ( at extra cost - air con 7 euros a day & safe 12 euros a week). Having viewed the Radamanthys website prior to going to the resort we expected a noisy complex but requested a 'quiet room'. We were allocated room A9, a second floor room with a sea view. The second evening we went to explore the local taverna's. The resort of Sfkakis is limited & there are only 3 main restaurants, but they were adequate. The beach bars were very friendly & we used the Pavlos Apts pool & facilities whilst using the beach & were made more than welcome. As for Radamanthy's, the comlex is at the top of a hill which initially is a 'killer', but after each time you climb it, it becomes easier. The positive side of this, is that it is located in a good position affording good views of the sea , mountains, & countryside. We occasionally used the bar at the Radamanthys & were always made welcome. Speaking to people who used the bar regular, they were more than happy to use the facilities. I never heard the staff complain & the lady & gent who keep the complex clean & tidy were lovely people. Being as we are the sort of people to please ourselves on holiday, Pagona went out of her way to make sure we were having a good time. As a base for a relaxing holiday this is excellent. If you are looking for a Malia type holiday, I suggest that you go to Malia. If you like a traditional Greek resort, try this. I can recommend it. Great holiday,Great hospitality, ( & as for the comment on one of the other reviews about the man in the supermarket who never smiles - this man was always polite & never ripped you off , which is more than can be said in other parts of the world.) A courtesy bus to Rethymnon, to & from Radamanthys might be something that they would wish to consider.

Great holiday, & I would like to thank everyone at the resort for making us very welcome & for contributing to what has been a relaxing memorable & enjoiyable holiday.To all of you at Radamanthy's, we wish you all the best for the future.

Pete,Sue & Claire

25  Thank peterHull_England
Reviewed 2 August 2005

Visited Radamanthys again this year and had an outstanding holiday. The rooms are spotless, the pool is lovely and clean and Pagona and Stefanos made our holiday extra special. The hill may be a bit steep, but it's good excercise on the way back after a nice meal in one of the few tavernas nearby. We have never found the people in the supermarket to be rude, but a word of greek will go a long way (after all you are in Greece). As for the music being loud, you are ON HOLIDAY, get out and join in and you may actually find that you are having a good time!!!
We certainly couldn't fault the place or area and will be returning again in September, so look out Pagona and Stefanos!

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled on business
31  Thank Alison1970
UK
Reviewed 28 July 2005

This was without a doubt the worst holiday I have ever been on. There were several reasons: Why oh why did they decide to build these apartments in the middle of absolutely nowhere? Seriously, there is absolutely nothing to do. There are about 2 restaurants, neither of which are very good, just crap English food like omelettes and pizza. Oh, lets not forget the 'Cheese and Ham' which, for some unknown reason, Greek people seem think English love this meal!?
The beach is not great. Very pebbly and the sea is extremely rocky. Trust me, that beach is painful.
I did not go on holiday to spend half of the day in a bus or taxi, which is what me and my family seemed to do. It takes at least half an hour to get to the actual Rethymno town, which is lovely but its a shame that its so far away.
The people that own the mini supermarket nearest to the apartments are the rudest people I have ever met. I dont think I was aknowledged once by anyone on the till.
We could not believe that we had been sent to this place, it is far from a holiday resort.
The bar staff at the hotel were pleasant enough when they wanted to be. Although if you ask for a Sandwich/Pizza (which is the only food they sell, there are maximun 5 options on the chalkboard, which never change) they huff and puff about it.
You are kept awake by the dreadful hardcore and old nineties dance anthems until at least 5am, I am 20 years old, and I love music and having a great time (it might not seem that way!) but this was just way too annoying and frustrating. The only reason the bar staff drink with the holidaymakers is obviously to make more money out of them.
The pool is nice but small, and there are few sunbeds.
The apartment was clean and spacious, but this didnt account for the rest of the holiday, fortunately I was only there for one week, and the last day was certainly the best, because obviously, I was finally getting out of there.
Highly UNreccomended. Oh, and the airport is a wonderful 2 and a half hours from the airport.

18  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
cardiff
Reviewed 27 July 2005

well where do i start, arrived thinking oh my god and what did i see but apartment clean space and such friendly staff.
as the holiday went on had more an more of a fab time the staff are so friendly they will do any thing to make your holiday a better one thank you expectedthe only draw back was that hill it is steep so be warned but other than that cant beat the time we had there pargona and stefon just to say thanks again for all you guys did will see you both soon
take care