Hi Pagona and Stefanos
It was the greatest holiday ever, where we made great friends and had a great laugh and were felt very welcomed by the great staff-Pagona, Stefanos and we can't forget the cleaner and her hubby!!
This review is written to argue the lame points made by previious negative reviews, so first things first-
The HILL: get over it! You get use to it and should have been warned my your travel agent. (So moan to them) Plus there is an alternate route for all those lazy bones!!
The supermarket: You are there to buy your food, booze and toiletries.... not to make best friends for life! Plus if you had asked Pagona she would of told you that the chap is very shy and doesn't speak much to her either!! Also what has it got to do with the apartments it doesn't belong to them.
Resturants: Well, Andriana the best restuarant out of the 3, beautiful food, great selection, great services and there is alot of greek food to try and its not expensive. Many good nights there.
"Too far away": Well again you should have been told this my your travel agent-we were!! If you were doing that location on arrival, well you should of booked your holiday earlier! Anyway just get a taxi to rethymnon it only take 5-10mins for about £8 (cheaper than England!) I thought it saved money not being so close to the city as you didn't spend loads of money on nick-nacks and its a lot more tranquil.
"Loud bar and food": Yet again it states this in the brochure("lively Bar area")!! We had great nights at the bar, sometime a bit to great- haha! It was always a laugh with something going on. The staff were great entertainment and always involved everyone. Also if its your birthday let them know... you'll find out why!! The music may not always be to your taste, so ask them to change it or take your own CDs and they will play them for you.
Well, we enjoyed the food served at the bar... at the end of the day it's 'bar snacks' not a five star restuarant, good enough choice, club sanwich/burgers/pizza/toasted sanwich/ice cream bla,bla,bla-yum espaecially after a hard night....bacon butty Mmmmm!! The staff again were always happy to serve you!
The apartments and pool side: Apartments are very clean, have all the amenties you need and A8 had a great view of the sea and hills what more can you ask for. Pool side always had a sunbed available when we were there and we didn't get up early to grab one, plus there is another pool at the annex. The pool is bigger enoungh and everything again is kept very tidy.
The beach: lovely!!! Very quiet, always sunbeds, the sea can be rough(Only when its really windy, which isn't offen, but its usually calm and you can see the little fish swimming about) yes there are rocks/stones etc but there is sand too and the water is clean and refreshing. If you are worried about the rock/stones etc which don't bother you only when get into/out of the water. Wear those beach shoe things if not toughen up man!!!
Overall it was a fab holiday, I would definately recommand this apartment and would go back again. Thank you again to all the staff for making our holiday memorable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radamanthy's hotel is located in Sfakaki Pangalochori, just 10km east of the old town of Rethymnon (almost in the center of Crete). It is built on a hill just 50 meters from the main road of Crete and 350m from the nearest beach ,150m from the tavernas, super markets etc and 1000m from the nearest pharmacy. The complex offers to visitors a spectacular view and is within walking distance from restaurants, bar kafe etc. Radamanthy's Hotel Apartments consists of 17 spacious and fully furnished apartments,14 two-room apartments and 3 studios. All apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen. (Fridge Electric Hob, kettle, pots, dishes, etc.) They are also equipped with air-condition, safe, TV, hairdryer, satellite TV and free wifi access for all residents. Each apartment retains the privacy (private entrance and balconies), ensuring complete privacy of the occupants. The apartments are arranged in such a way that the visitors enjoy the idyllic views of the area and the deep blue sea, from any point of the complex, without feeling of being in an organized housing complex. The view across the area from each apartment is unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radamanthys Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radamanthys Apartments Hotel Rethymnon
- Radamanthys Apartments Rethymnon