My partner, partners daughter,(14yrs), & myself arrived at the Radamanthy,s & were met at the reception by Pagona, who greeted us warmly & showed us to our room. Having visited many greek resorts in the past, I was more than pleasantly suprised at the standard of the appartment. ( there was an actual shower , with the fittings, & I didnt have to make a shower nozzle holder out of a bent coat hanger as is the usual case). The appartment was clean & spacious & there was a the provision of air con & a safe ( at extra cost - air con 7 euros a day & safe 12 euros a week). Having viewed the Radamanthys website prior to going to the resort we expected a noisy complex but requested a 'quiet room'. We were allocated room A9, a second floor room with a sea view. The second evening we went to explore the local taverna's. The resort of Sfkakis is limited & there are only 3 main restaurants, but they were adequate. The beach bars were very friendly & we used the Pavlos Apts pool & facilities whilst using the beach & were made more than welcome. As for Radamanthy's, the comlex is at the top of a hill which initially is a 'killer', but after each time you climb it, it becomes easier. The positive side of this, is that it is located in a good position affording good views of the sea , mountains, & countryside. We occasionally used the bar at the Radamanthys & were always made welcome. Speaking to people who used the bar regular, they were more than happy to use the facilities. I never heard the staff complain & the lady & gent who keep the complex clean & tidy were lovely people. Being as we are the sort of people to please ourselves on holiday, Pagona went out of her way to make sure we were having a good time. As a base for a relaxing holiday this is excellent. If you are looking for a Malia type holiday, I suggest that you go to Malia. If you like a traditional Greek resort, try this. I can recommend it. Great holiday,Great hospitality, ( & as for the comment on one of the other reviews about the man in the supermarket who never smiles - this man was always polite & never ripped you off , which is more than can be said in other parts of the world.) A courtesy bus to Rethymnon, to & from Radamanthys might be something that they would wish to consider.
Great holiday, & I would like to thank everyone at the resort for making us very welcome & for contributing to what has been a relaxing memorable & enjoiyable holiday.To all of you at Radamanthy's, we wish you all the best for the future.
Pete,Sue & Claire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radamanthy's hotel is located in Sfakaki Pangalochori, just 10km east of the old town of Rethymnon (almost in the center of Crete). It is built on a hill just 50 meters from the main road of Crete and 350m from the nearest beach ,150m from the tavernas, super markets etc and 1000m from the nearest pharmacy. The complex offers to visitors a spectacular view and is within walking distance from restaurants, bar kafe etc. Radamanthy's Hotel Apartments consists of 17 spacious and fully furnished apartments,14 two-room apartments and 3 studios. All apartments feature a fully equipped kitchen. (Fridge Electric Hob, kettle, pots, dishes, etc.) They are also equipped with air-condition, safe, TV, hairdryer, satellite TV and free wifi access for all residents. Each apartment retains the privacy (private entrance and balconies), ensuring complete privacy of the occupants. The apartments are arranged in such a way that the visitors enjoy the idyllic views of the area and the deep blue sea, from any point of the complex, without feeling of being in an organized housing complex. The view across the area from each apartment is unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radamanthys Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radamanthys Apartments Hotel Rethymnon
- Radamanthys Apartments Rethymnon