All reviews greek night rhodes town private beach pool bar half board salad large grounds bed and breakfast hotel shop great little place bouncy castle traditional greek food short walk from the hotel evening entertainment a sea view room lovely clean hotel breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The food is awful. Plenty of options but many of them are inedible. The kids and I turned dinner times into a dare game - chew and swallow the worst of the food items and you win a prize! However, if you're happy to eat bread, salad and feta all week, you'll survive.

The pool is the highlight of the resort. However, the Kreston should monitor (if not completely ban) the ridiculous practice of 'reserving' deckchairs with towels. Many people (including elderly and young children) are out in the full glare of the sun because the deckchairs/umbrellas are 'occupied' by nothing more than a towel (often until after lunch!). Apparently (and quite rightly) this is now a fineable offence in many hotels and resorts around the world.

If you're an avid gym-goer, this is not the hotel for you. I went once, but the 5 or 6 pieces of equipment they have are dilapidated.

The staff are a great asset to the hotel - friendly and professional. Our family room was just right - spacious, air-conditioned and a 30-second walk down to the pool.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RevkH
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Overall we had a very relaxing family holiday. On arrival they moved us to a suite as we booked 2 rooms next door to each other and they couldn't accommodate this. So that was a pleasant surprise the suite is like a 2 bedroom flat very spacious however reckon they never use this room normally as had no furniture there was a full fitted kitchen but no cutlery or plates etc. The hotel needs a facelift and simple updating. The food was ok catered very much for Scandinavian and gets very repetitive. We are out most nights on the 2nd week there. One of the sad things about the hotel was that is was very quiet in the evening despite some evening entertainment this was due to the VERY expensive drinks. And I am mean very expensive no wonder everyone brought drinks from shop or went out to the local taverna. Therefore it lacked any atmosphere in the evenings. Also staff at the pool bar and reception were good but the restaurant the staff were miserable, sometimes rude and you can tell they do not enjoy their job at this hotel. They seemed short staffed hence I think one of the main reasons the staff were unhappy. The pool was lovely but just a shame I had to get up between 6.30 and 7am to put downs to get a sunbed. Also be careful the tiles around the pool are hazardous and the bridges over the pool. I saw many falls and my daughter slipped on the bridge. The banisters on the bridge were very loose and were more a danger then help. This hotel in my eyes is a 3 star but with some simple upgrades in certain areas and happy friendly staff would improve this hotel no end.

Despite my comments above we still had a very relaxing holiday and we just agreed the price was fair for this hotel however should not be graded a 4 star definitely a 3 star.

Just 15 minutes from the hotel we found a lovely taverna for great value food and drinks and friendly Greek people it was called Christos Family Taverna highly recommend.

I imagine out of peak times you would not need to reserve sunbeds.

Hope this review is of help to anyone considering this hotel. It is key just knowing what to expect. If you are aware of the keys points then you will have a lovely holiday at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Melanie P
Reviewed 13 August 2017

it is a lovely hotel ,but it has its weaknesses for example the food is poor quality the beach was rocky but the hotel staff were very polite, very clean hotel not much of children's entertainment rooms get boring, i highly recommend going all exclusive

Room Tip: low floors away from the road
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jayne22017
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I have just returned from a fantastic holiday staying at the Kresten Palace Hotel IN Kalithea. Hotel staff were very polite and helpful, and the restaurant staff were very polite and efficient. The hotel itself is lovely. All public areas have WiFi (although not always great!) Rooms were spacious for us as a family of 4 . The hotel has spa facilties and a gym. We were offered a free 15 mins massage although unfortunately disnt take!! Pool was stunning!!! Fantastic size. You do need to get down early for a sunbed although later on the the day you can get some no problem. The team have activities from water pool, aqua aerobics and aqua zumba. Pool side bar is great and the food is lovely!!! The omelettes are lush!!! There is a well equipped shop in the hotel selling your basics, drinks, sandwiches snacks, gifts etc, and another shop selling converse shoes, bags etc. A short walk down passed the pool brings you to the private beach/little cove. Beautiful for swimming/snorkeling!! Swim shoes are highly recommended because it's pebbley and also there are rocks which can be sharp. We hired a car from the hotel for €135 for 3 days and crammed in loads so we had our money's worth!!! ATM cash machine about 10 mins walk as you turn right at the front of the hotel and walk down the road. Little kiosk opposite selling snacks, drinks etc if the hotel shop is shut. Also here is the bus stop. A bus passes every 20 mins . We went in to Faliraki several times. Last one back was 12:30. A taxi rank is also located here. Taxi to Rhodes Town was €10 and Faliraki €13. We paid extra for the Greek night. But the Traditional Greek dancers were fab and the food was plentiful. There was wine included in the price. As our flight was late we were advised to ask at reception the day before departure for a late checkout. It was €10 per hour. Well worth the extra €40!!!! We had a fantastic time!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank siwmae
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We have just come back from a 7 day holiday at this hotel. We had a sea view room, and the view was fantastic. I watched the sunrise from the balcony which was well worth the early rise - 06.15ish. Aircon worked, room cleaned every day, the mattresses were clean and the 3rd bed had a full sized mattress, not a half size one, so was very comfy. The hotel grounds were well kept. The swimming pool was lovely, although you did have to walk in carefully as the bottom of the pool could be slippy. I had already read this in a review so was well prepared. As the hotel was fully booked, we had to put towels down on sunbeds by 8.30am at the latest!! There is a private beach which you pay 3.50Euros per sunbed but it was lovely down there and I recommend a daily swim in the Aegean Sea ( pebbly so be careful) The pool side bar served lovely food and the staff down there were lovely and worked really hard. We went half board, the food was okay, not the best, but you wouldn't starve. The watermelon was delicious!! Not enough Greek food though. The entertainment wasn't the best for us, but others seemed to enjoy. The bar service was slow, could have done with a couple more bar staff. The hotel is in the middle of no-where and we were disappointed that there was no prom to walk along at night time. Kallithea Springs was nice but that was about 25mins walk one way, and 20 mins the other way was a couple of bars. Not much about really. We went into Rhodes Town, 2.40Euro on bus, or 10-13Euro by taxi, and watched the sun set. Lovely Town, especially the Old Town.
We really enjoyed our holiday, there were no bad moments, and I can't think of anything that I could grumble about and I am a fussy, critical person :-) Even my 18 & 15yrs olds enjoyed the holiday.

Ohhh I do have a gripe and that is with Thomson Airways - both flights delayed with no explanations. Outgoing over 3 hrs and what made it worse was the airport staff did not know and 1 hr delay coming home. (Rhodes airport is not the cleanest - but serves a purpose.)

Room Tip: sea view in annex
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family