“Excellent place to stay.. Great service.”

Beach Republic The Residences
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Malang, Indonesia
“Excellent place to stay.. Great service.”
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The staffs is so nice and helpful.. Me and My Husband stayed in private pool villa for 3 days (we only got 3 days in this room, because it was fully booked, and it's fantastic !!! ) and then they move us to penthouse for one night for compliment because we want to extend our stay and then we got deluxe apartment room for the rest our stay.. We enjoy the room..and the Jacuzzi is so good. But what I really love is the pool, bathroom and the kitchen, So Homey. We would like to stay there again one day..
We stayed in Beach Republic in August 2010..

Room Tip: Try private pool villa... You will love it.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My husband and I (in our 40s) travelled around Thailand for the past 8 weeks, staying in Phuket, Krabi, Koh Lanta, Bangkok, Chang Mai, we also stayed in 5 different 4* + 5* hotels in Koh Samui, ( Imperial Boat House, Nora Buri, Chaweng Regent, Poppies and finally Beach Republic).
Im not normally a moaner, I accept things for what they are and for what you pay for. Of all my little moans & groans about the other hotels, whether it be the room to small, no free wifi, food too expensive, rude staff, location, no table to eat off etc etc I can honestly stay that Beach Republic is the only hotel that "GOT IT RIGHT"!!.
We only booked 3 nights, (just in case!!), but as soon as we arrived we knew we were not going anywhere. We had a 1 bed apartment, which really was beautiful, it was like home from home. I love the little personal things they do and provide, instead of penny pinching like other hotels.. Provide free water, wifi, tea, coffee, fruit, quality shampoo, soaps, conditioners.... . Bathroom was huge, with Jucuzzi bath and open shower. It was also lovely to have a modern kitchen of our own, after staying in hotel rooms.The kitchen provided everything you could have wished for and we enjoyed being able to make our own snacks as and when we wanted.
The lounge area was large and spacious, as too was the lovely bedroom,both with large flat screen TVs with plenty of news and film channels, a huge king size bed with a memory foam mattress( lovely after all the hard beds we had slept in!!).
The staff and management we came into contact with us, were all lovely, friendly and would do anything for you!!
The housekeeping was of an excellent standard, cannot fault the ladies who looked after our room.
Beach club, pool area and location just beautiful, with lovely surroundings and beach furniture such as double beach beds, hammocks..
Yes they got it just right for us, when i think of all the places and hotels we have visited and stayed...you are asked yourself the question.... Would you go Back? my answer is Yes, I cant say the same for the other hotels we have stayed in.

If i was going to say anything negative it would be that although the food was excellent, it is quite a lot more expensive than local restaurants, which were of just as good quality....
And although we had a huge balcony with quality outdoor sunbeds and table and chairs, there was no view( But that didnt worry us, 1 min walk to beach club, with fantastic views and scenery.

Thank you for a lovely stay Beach Republic and we will definitely be back next year!!

Room Tip: Had a look at the 2 bed traditional villa whilst we were there, the kitchen and lounge/sitting area...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JaneLaferla
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I recently stayed here for 6 days to celebrate 2 family birthdays. As I am in the industry myself and work at a restaurant that gets mixed reviews by guests I had to think long and hard before posting this.

I booked this hotel as part of a deal recommended by my sister in law and decided to stay an extra night(1 night before the rest of group arrived). The reservation process was very smooth and good contact was made via e mail so I was looking forward to my trip. On arrival in Samui we were stuck in immigration for nearly 2 hours and when we exited customs our transfer by the hotel had left, this I found totally understandable given the timeframe. This was quickly recovered by the hotel as within 10 minutes after a call to them another driver was there.

Check in was smooth and quick, room on arrival was clean and spacious and better than I imagined.

After a quick survey of the grounds it seemed we had got quite a good deal(even if a bit pricey for Thailand). The only thing I would say is that the pool furniture needs to be redone as it was very stained so you needed to cover it with your towel or lie in someone else's sweat stain from a long time ago.

All the staff were friendly especially at the poolside where they reserve beds for you and are always on hand to get what you need.

The management however need to show this attitude to as they don't seem to care what you need or how you are. This was clear on our 2nd day when we inquired in the wine shop how much the champagne was and the lady( I presume to be the owner) said "it's quite expensive, check the price in the restaurant" then just turned and carried on her conversation with the manager. The next day I came down with food poisoning and was quite Sick to the point of passing out. I racked my brains to think what I had eaten as i was careful what I ate due to a previous case in Bangkok years ago. The next time I went for breakfast though I found out what I think caused it, I always had yoghurt for breakfast and when I went to get one I noticed 4 out of date, 3 by 2 days and 1 by 10 days. I removed them from the ice and left them on my table so nobody else took them, my girlfriend said to speak to the manager but I didn't want to cause a fuss. I left to go back earlier than my family and after I left my girlfriend approached the manager and gave him the outdated yoghurts and said that I was quite sick and had to be laid up in bed, his response "ok, thank you". This upset my girlfriend as there was no concern or anything as to how I was feeling.

As I said previously I am in the industry and work in the kitchen, this negligence should not have happened and after should have at least been recovered better. Overall I was very happy with the staff and find it amazing they are so good with the managers/trainers they have above them.

Apart from this unfortunate experience everything else was in order and I had a very relaxing holiday.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank CDC200172
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We went to Beach Republic looking for a relaxed lunch and to hang out at their beach and pool. We ended up doing a lot of waiting and losing a lot of our precious time at Samui. But it was worth the wait! The food was AMAZING (try the President salad!) and the manager was very apologetic about the delay, which was truly a disturbance. Other than that, the place is an absolute dream with its beautiful beach with calm water and relaxing ambiance and pool!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This has got to be the best hotel I have ever stayed in, ever!
From the airport pickup to the arrival, to the surprise desserts left in our room every night, the the beach club, the pools, the beach, the staff around the pool and then to top it off the upgrade to a private pool villa! was absolutely amazing and I cannot wait to go back. Sunday Brunch is a must and people from all around Koh Samui end up at Beach Republic, a very fun day! I have told so many people about this place and a couple of my friends have taken my advise and came back with the same feelings.

As I had already been to Koh Samui before, I didn't mind staying away from Chaweng Beach as Lamai beach is just as nice and once you enter Beach Republic you feel like you don't need to get anywhere else. Will definitely be back for more!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Code
Code
#2 of 30 in Mae Nam
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,031 reviews

Been to Beach Republic The Residences? Share your experiences!