After the trip advisor reviews we have been choosing Rocky's for our holidays in Samui with our 2 years and 9 month son. This was a great choice. This is great great location, resort is extremely clean, quiet, wonderfull gardens and flowers, nice buildings, nice beach, nice rocks, good food, very nice and friendly swimming pool close to the beach, high level service. Very good for childrens. Our son made several friends there. The very nice thing about this resort is that you feel like you are on holidays with a douzen of other famillies or couples. All foreigners overseas. So a small community where everybody recognise evrybody evry mornign at nearly the same place and not crowded at all. So you are not in "factory for tourists" at all. The satff is dedicated some of them very firendly,some wrongly or not naturally firendly. But overall a very good resort. So what? Well just moderating the overall evaluation with the following (so close to perfect):
-First don't book via a travel agent you will not take advantage of any interesting offers the resort maybe doing on their website. They made an effort anyway to give part of the offer to us when I was understanding the situation and then communicating asking to them what could we do. They answer very fast to emails and excellently. So book directly and not for example though Agoda, they are useless, they take the money and don't answer to any emails.
-The resort is far from Chaeweng so you will have to pay between 300 bts to 500 bats to go and then you need to pay again back. Night tarfiffs. Count about 20 minutes.
-There has been several "misunderstandings" with prices given on the phoen and then invoiced when having massage or taking the hotel car. You ask for a taxi, they say this should be 300 bats and then they order for you the hotel car at 500 bats..funny no?
-Rental car: available fast but we had to upgarde (once again paying 1000 bats more) because finally no baby seat available...they told us the same day...The car is 1300 bast, if you rent it on your own..800 bats a day. good business!
-The seaview suites, and I guess the garden view suites are not what you could expect. Really simply not worth the price.We gently got a good price for upgrade to the beach front villas and that is what you really want: the real dream, typical, nice, high confort, on the beach, wonderfull feeling, waves noise (without airconditionning then forgt it), nice path in front, naure, small terrace, great! so if you can afford then the difference is worth paying.
-During the move from the seaview suite to the beach front suite we took a path where my wife put her feet 20cm close to a KING COBRA of 2 meters long! So be carefull. This is of course everywhere in the island valuable advice.
-One evening dinner, I saw a strange light in the restaurant windows upstairs, I was not sure...but this was a FIRE! from the start I saw soemthing, thej clearly moved and realised this was the fire and the end of my shouts to warn the staff and evacuate the people from the restaurant with my familly this was already a very dangerous 2 meters to 3 meters flammes inside the 2nd floor (in wood)...crazy growing. Anyway after a paniking 10 to 15 minutes they finally killed the fire. I got a lot of thanks from the staff but would you imagine the owner or the front office manager even thanking me...no. I think I saved their hotel partially.
So anyway, I highly recommend the place, this is rest for the mind, some of the staff is so nice, the beach front bungalows are top, the beach and nature their are wondefull. But nothing is perfect right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rocky's is a stunning boutique resort set in a secluded cove south of Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. With only 47 rooms and 3 pool villas, an award winning fine dining restaurant, a poolside bistro and two free-form swimming pools, Rocky's is the perfect place for a relaxing, romantic holiday. Rocky's emphasizes warm, personal service, attention to detail, and a relaxed family atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Prestigia, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rocky's Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocky`s Boutique Hotel Lamai Beach
- Rockys Boutique Hotel
- Rockys Boutique Koh Samui
- Rocky's Boutique Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach, Thailand