Book now, pay at stay
US$213
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$262/night.

US$228
US$213
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$562
US$187
Manathai Koh Samui(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$82
Agoda.com
US$439
US$344
Priceline
Lamai Wanta(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$81
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Am Samui Palace(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$77
Priceline
Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
US$922
US$778
Hotels.com
Thai House Beach Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$1,379
US$996
Agoda.com
2,192 results
All reviewsgarden poolsun hatsthai nightwedding plannerfruit kebabskoh samuiour honeymoonon the rocksfresh flowersbeach frontboutique resortfire dancersbbq nightthai dancerscocktail partybeach bagthai buffet
Reviewed 2 February 2009

We first went to Rocky's November '07 where My wife & I tied the knot. This was the most beautiful wedding you could wish for and everything was organised by the great team at rocky's taking the stress away from us. It was a Fantastic day and a great holiday!

We have had some great holidays all over the world but we have never returned to the same place twice, However we revisited rockys for our anniversary as we knew that this was the perfect and our most favorite place ever visited.

I didnt think it would be possible but Rockys have made things even better than our fisrt visit .

All The staff at Rockys Go out of their way to make your stay a special one.

The food is amazing and although its a little more expensive to dine than the other resorts nearby, you certainly get what you pay for!....The best!! The only dissapointment was the chocolate cheese cake has been taken off the menu. please bring it back!!

Overall Rocky's is beyond expectation and we would reccommend it to everyone!

We will be returning for a third visit very soon

Big Thanks to John, Luke and Rio

3  Thank katiejohnny
Reviewed 1 February 2009

This is a boutique hotel i.e. small. I mistakenly assumed there would be a few things we always have including a small fitness room.. There is none and my husband who works out almost daily..was disappointed. He gets up early and works out before breakfast on vacations. My mistake. I guess we usually stay in larger places.
The beach pool is tiny..barely larger than a private pool. With the kids splashing around..peace and quiet was not really so easy. There is another pool up in the garden area..but my husband is a beach freak..must be right there looking out at the ocean..so this smaller pool was where he needed to be.. (Do kids really care about the view..seemed they should be in the upper pool). The first day the pool was the most crowded but not as much the other days..still getting a beach lounge chair wasn't always easy..not so many of them and the ones next to the beach are gone fast.
Beach..when the tide was in..not much beach..and a long walk on the beach was not possible..it is small and the gravelly rock also hurts your feet..in the water (not clear) you have to be careful of the rocks so not a perfect swim/walking place.
View is pretty.. used the kayak one day..which was fun..doubt they have much trouble with people staying out too long..as if your arms aren't in shape you will tire...we were out 40 minutes only.
Headed up to the road the first night to see what other restaurants were near but the darkness (dangerous to walk) led us back fast.. There were other places within walking distance if not for fear of being run over.
We ate dinner twice in the Rocky restaurant .. Not dirt cheap but still a good deal. Nice presentation..Thai dishes a few hundred baht. The last night I had the filet steak..and it was very good. Not disappointed (790 baht). Also they had a guitarist/singer who did songs good for us (Cat Stevens,etc 70s music) which we enjoyed. We ate one night at Lamai, took the shuttle at 2 pm..and ate there in the main street at Lamai...okay..but not as nice as Rocky's (and they charged us 80 baht for a 7 baht bottle of water..guess they make their money on that). So overall eating at Rocky's is tasty and I felt not a bad value considering the atmosphere and food quality).
Room was nice..if a bit small. There is a small step from room to bathroom area..which was dangerous.? as the color of the tile does not change. Oh, definitely NOT a place for someone with any walking disability.. On a steep hill, climbing stairs etc. Even elderly would have a hard time of it if they had any difficulties. Room was nice though..good resort feel, comfortable bed. Nice furnishings nothing worn looking.
Service was okay..we were perhaps lucky..our room was done up while we were at breakfast or pool.. not quite 5 star..drinking glasses were not replaced daily..but bed was made and no real complaints. Employees greeted us as we walked by..check in was fine..including a drink which was welcome after a long trip. They provided a beach bag and hat ..but the warning "not to lose or break things"..was a bit harsh..and the price they quote for lost hat was a joke..it must cost next to nothing...
There was a couple there we spoke with who had a wedding and said it was nice.. Another wedding happened one day while we were there and it looked nice..people seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Pool provides glasses of water so you are not accosted with any "buy drinks" pressure at all. They didn't have the usual 50% off Happy Hour though either..I think there was something 20% off sometimes.. which made me wonder if they were afraid people would drink and fall on their climb back to their rooms.
It was a relaxing place, some manager type in black slacks and white shirt seemed to be around a lot (especially during the wedding) making sure things ran well. Oh, the breakfast buffet was pretty decent. Fruit, cheese, hot dishes, breads, cereals, and a lady at the pancake/french toast/egg table to cook as you like.. juices.. Quite acceptable and decent quality food.
Free internet available so checking for messages from home for a few minutes not a problem.. Mostly English books ready for trade when you finish what you are reading (in Internet space).
So overall, the small pool was our main problem (not easily changed either). Food good.. staff pretty friendly.. service pretty good.. We had a nice visit..but my husband's comment was the place was too small.. so it depends on what you are looking for..This does look like a nice place for people with young children..as they were enjoying the pool.
Guess that is all I can think of now...

2  Thank readytogoJapan
Reviewed 1 February 2009

I stayed at Rocky's for the 3d time in August 2008. It discovered Rocky's some years ago and since then I try to go back every 2 years or so. It used to be a secret gem, it was still under construction and the amenities were not as great; but what made a difference then and now is the beautifully secluded location. It has a stunning garden and it offers the best place to eat (on a rock with the sea gently whispering below). Although I know the place pretty well by know I still need to rub my eyes; it is that nice!

This is not a place for those who seek all sorts of thrills (there is no sandy beach with big waves; if you are lucky you can swim a bit in the see in the afternoons) and yes there are things that could be improved (the small swimming pool gets too easily crowded and fewer weddings or honeymoons would make some guests happier); it does not have a 5-star perfection but that is perhaps the charm of the place. I hope it will stay that way so I can come back and pretend I am the only one who knows.

Frances
PS I never saw any mice; there are mice everywhere though. For instance I stayed at a fancy 5-star hotel in Amsterdam and they were practically everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrancesDBrussels
Reviewed 31 January 2009

After arriving at the resort, it was clear that Rocky's is more than just a cut above the rest in Samui. The staff is sooo incredibly welcoming and accommodating; in a true sense, you feel like family! There are tons of options of things to do at the resort, including resort-hosted events every few days. The rooms are among the most beautifully decorated I have ever seen. The pools are gorgeous and the private beaches are incredible (and they include a view of the grandmother and grandfather rocks--very famous landmarks on Lamai beach).

The food at the resort is spectacular. But even more than all of the features at the resort, the people are what made the trip special, especially Donny! If you do manage to go, you must try the Thai cooking lessons. The recipes you learn are DELICIOUS and easy to make.

If there is only one place you would go in Samui, make it Rocky's. It's worth the money, and honestly, I wish I were still there!

2  Thank antiaromatic
Reviewed 24 January 2009

We have just returned from Rockys after staying there for a week as part of our honeymoon.
The hotel is in a superb location at the southern end of Lamai, the gardens were stunning and the room that we had (junior oceanview suite) was spacious and well presented.
The restaurant was in an amazing location overlooking the sea and the food was very good and not too expensive.
The pools were also excellent with one overlooking the sea and the other garden pool which is located at the top end of the resort. We prefered the garden pool which we had to ourselves most days, the pool overlooking the sea got very crowded and is recommended for children.
On the down side service at the hotel could sometimes be slow and on the day we checked out we were questioned about the location of a sun hat and beach bag that couldn't be located in our room which they had checked while we were having our breakfast.
The hat and bag were on a shelf in the wardrobe but it left us feeling slightly disappointed that we had been accused of taking a hat and bag. If we were to visit Samuiii again i think we would try somewhere else on the island.
On a final note you must visit a little family restaurant called La Scala which is only a 5 minute walk towards Lamai from Rockys.

5  Thank alexf81171