2,246 results
All reviews garden pool sun hats thai night wedding planner fruit kebabs our honeymoon koh samui on the rocks boutique resort fresh flowers beach front fire dancers bbq night thai dancers cocktail party beach bag thai buffet
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We have just returned home from our 4th visit to Koh Samui and Rocky's Boutique Resort.
You could not ask for a better Resort. What a place to relax and unwind.
It is truly home away from home.
All Staff and Managment were wonderful and made us feel extremly welcome,and a part of the Rocky Family.
The room that we were so kindly upgraded to was sensational, Very spacious and the shower was divine, and might I mention the most comfortable bed that we had slept in for the past 2 1/2 weeks.
The cooking class is a must, so much fun and the food was beautiful. Thankyou Khun Rit!!!
We made the mistake of only staying here for two nights.
On past visits to Rocky's we have stayed for at least a week as celebration of our Wedding Anniversary, but this time we stayed for the majority of our stay in Samui on the other side of the island, we missed Rocky's and we felt that our holidays was incomplete with only staying here 2 days.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone, there are no faullts in Rocky's that we experienced, we had great service from first point of contact in 2008 (our first visit) till now.
It is a piece of pure indulgence.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peta J
Martin_Rockys, General Manager at Rocky's Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Thank you, it was great seeing you again. And yes sorry it was only 2 days, until next time of course.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at Rocky's for a week in late april, early May and thoroughly enjoyed it. We booked a beachside villa which was beautifully decorated and had lovely view of the ocean. The bathroom was fabulous, very large, lit with natural light and full powered shower with lots of hot water. We took advantage of the book 7 nights, pay for 5 deal which I felt to be a relative bargain all things considered.

I found the reception staff to be very attentive and helpful on numerous occasions as were the other staff on the grounds. In short most of the staff were quite friendly, particularly with our son and we enjoyed their hospitality.

The resort itself is gorgeous, the landscaping is about as good as it gets. Martin told me that the resort has its own nursery which makes sense in light of how beautiful the landscaping is. It really makes an impact and added to overall enjoyment of the place.

The food is quite good. Breakfast is excellent as is lunch and dinner. We mostly ate in the Bistro, lots of excellent sandwiches and salads, the Tuna Burger was particularly good. Lunch often left us feeling pretty full so we sometimes skipped dinner. We did have a regular ala carte dinner once in the main dining which was quite good but not as good as I had hoped given the reputation of the chef. Rocky's has several theme nights for dining. We tried the lobster dinner at the Bistro the first night we were there. It was quite good but little pricey I felt. We also did Thai night in the main dining room which was quite good but again, a bit pricey I felt.

My wife and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary at Rocky's and booked the Sala on the beach with the 7 course meal. It was excellent! The wine was well chosen and the food was done superbly. Though it was a very expensive meal, it was very romantic and memorable, worth every baht! If you want to book the sala, reserve in advance as it is popular. The food and beverage manager, Julien stopped by personally to make sure that everything was to our satisfaction, which I appreciated. In fact, he asked me on several occasions when dining if everything was alright and to please seek him out if we had any issues, which was a very professional touch I thought.

We spent a lot of time at the beach pool, which was lovely, much more shaded than the main pool, so you can keep out of the sun. My 5 year old son, Tommy, particularly enjoyed the pool and we often spent several hours each day there, enjoying the fruit shakes and smoothies which I highly recommend.

I did a lot of research before booking at Rocky's and looked at other places like Poppies, W, The Four Seasons, but given the price and value of Rocky's, I thought it was the best choice and we were extremely satisfied with our choice.

If you are considering staying at high end luxury resort, Rocky's is definitely worth a visit, you will be quite happy with your stay there I'm sure.

Room Tip: The Jr. Beach villa is the way to go!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank GregBr
Martin_Rockys, General Manager at Rocky's Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

Thank you, We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us, we are Rockys, this is what we do and all of our staff try so hard to keep it that way. I believe the reason for our success is the atmosphere here, 5 star service (we try) relaxed family atmosphere, we hope that you return some day. A few great improvments soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Our first trip to Koh Samui for a chance to unwind and Rockys provided the perfect venue. Beautiful surrounds and the most attentive staff and fantastic food. We particulaly enjoyed our cooking session. Would not hestiate in choosing to to stay at Rocky's if we go back to the island.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rolf K

Thank you, I hope not your last trip to Koh Samui, there is so much to see here. I agree the cooking class is so much fun, with your own Rocky chef's hat and apron and all the recipes of the food you prepared and cooked to take home so you can show off your Thai cooking skills to your friends. Thank you to Khun Rit, our instructor. Happy cooking

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We got married at Rockys in February which I booked through Kuoni. Ann the wedding coordinator was brilliant and made sure everything went perfectly on the day. The flowers and the attention to detail was absolutely stunning and the photographer captured some fantastic shots of the day, I can't stop looking at the photos! The food was wonderful and seemed to be everlasting! I would recommend the fire dancers and the fireworks as it made a brilliant end to the day. The little touches such as decorating our room made everything all the more special. I am so glad we chose Rockys for our wedding it really was everything we dreamed of and more.

The only reason I gave the hotel a rating of four and not a five was that sometimes the service during the rest of our stay in the hotel was a little too laid back. It was just really small things such as waiting around at breakfast or leaving a room service tray outside of our door for three days despite the room being cleaned every day. As I say really small things but for the amount of money you are paying to stay at Rockys I would expect the service to be a bit tighter. However all the staff were really pleasant and always smiling.

I would definitely love to go back to Rockys and if the general service could just match that of the wedding coordination it would be an absolutely flawless resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carolinemoon

Thank you for your kind words, es there are so many options for each wedding that you can truly tailor make you own unique experience, Ann, our wedding planner, is very experienced, she handles everything so you don't have to worry.
Sorry you feel our service was slow sometimes, we try to inprove this but the Thai culture is very laid back, hence excellent service but sometimes (not always) a little slow. If your comment was about slow food, the answer is simple, everything here is freshly cooked from the best fresh ingredients, great food takes time. Saying that, we continue to train and improve daily.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

We chose this resort based on the extremely high and wonderful reviews on this website. However, that then set my expectations high and it wasn't even met halfway. Problems began with trying to book online. The website didn't allow me to confirm with my credit card details so I had to waste time calling long distance. Took them 2 calls chasing for my confirmation email.

Upon arrival, due to some mix up, we were whisked into a car and the airport rep and driver was friendly. Wished the reception was as well. She wasn't really warm and keen to be rooming us.

The pool villa we booked was slightly disappointing. There was remnant of previous guest crisps in the cutlery drawer, cupboards and drawers were old so they were difficult to open and close. The master bed in the main bedroom upstairs was old. Every time someone tossed it creaked and felt as if it was going to give anytime. I wrote all these comments in the comments card and left it on the counter. Day 1: card still there. Day 2: card disappeared. No one came back to me on the issues we had. Not even a week after we checked out!

We called the reception to book restaurants out of the hotel for us. She could not do it as it wasn't the hotel's restaurant. I had to call them myself. As such, we booked all 3 nights out of the hotel.

Had coffee spillage on the table and it also spilt on me. Only an apology from the staff and a request to move to a dirty table. No sense of urgency, nor checks on the burn situation. They brought over cold towels to clean our self up but I had to use it to stop the burn. No manager, no supervisor came to see to the problem.

On our last day, we had a departure car arranged at 4pm. No reception staff (no matter how many times they saw us) said anything about check out time. So we took it as 4pm (we would have been happy to leave at 2pm even). However, on the day of our check out, they called us at 12:30pm and said we have to leave the room by 1:00pm! Good thing we were already getting ready for lunch and could leave at 1pm. Is it too much to ask that we pay Full Price for a 2 bedroom villa and there were only 2 of us that we be given a bit more time in the villa.

Staff were not friendly. Only 10% smiled and greeted us. The rest looked at us as if we were trespassing or invisible.

I agree with a previous poster that if you are a normal couple booking they won't notice you or give you a little warm hospitality.

Beach was rocky and not even worth waddling in. Service around the pool and beach non-existent. You have to walk up to the bar to order anything or self serve water and cold towels. Bistro service was slow. Missing orders and staff were talking too loudly for us to enjoy the peace and tranquility. Staff seen eating at the beach bar in the open. Didn't even bother hiding from us.

Served glassware drinks around the pool. We were amazed they didn't have plastic cocktail glasses.

The room:
Apart from the slippery wooden floors and the old furniture, the pool villa can sleep 4 adults in 2 master bed rooms comfortably with 2 day beds, fan and air on on the 2nd floor. That day bed area comes with wardrobe and mini fridge. Master bed on the 2nd floor opens up to a small balcony facing one of the pools in the resort. Master bed on ground opens to a small area facing a wall.

Basic toiletries provided; shampoo, conditioner, body soap and lotion. Toothbrush, shower cap and cotton buds. Rain shower head with no hand shower or tub. Daily turndown treats was a lovely touch.

Breakfast was lovely. Fruit, cereals, bread and juices on display. Hot breakfast cooked to order. Western and local items on menu.

Not much of a sunset view from this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank GillyWDy

Dear Guests,

I am seriously amazed at your comments, this is the best resort I have ever managed, with an amazing site, atmosphere and staff.
I dread to think what you would write about other places you have visited. But I respect your review and will accept your comments and look at everything with a view to improve.