“Late review of a fantastic resort”

Rocky's Boutique Resort
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed at rockys last july for two weeks and it is such a beautiful place . The staff can not do enough to help and the food is the best we have eaten by a resort . The gardens are fantastic and the villas are the cleanest i have ever seen while being on holiday, with lovely interior. The owners and staff have really gone their way out to make you feel at home .
We remember how helpfull Eddie and Nok were. If we ever go back to Thailand we will deffinetly stay there .

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael T
Martin_Rockys, General Manager at Rocky's Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Thank you, a late response yes but a very welcome one none the less, our staff feel great after a nice pat on the back, we would welcome you back anytime.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,093)

Reviewed 23 March 2012

We recently spent 5 nights with our 8 month old daughter at this wonderful resort. Always nervous times when travelling with young kids, but from the moment we arrived we knew we had made the right decision. Our garden pool villa afforded us the luxury of a dip in the pool and and ice cold singha, while our daughter napped as our room was literally steps from the pool.

Even though the resort was at 90% capacity it always seemed so quite and finding a sunbed or some shade was never an issue.

Breakfast was delightful. All the staff were professional but not overly fussy. A special thanks to Amm who really doted over our daughter, insisting she look after her while we enjoyed a peaceful meal.

Aom was always there at meal times and greeted us with her beautiful smile.

I wish I could remember all the staff names because you all do an amazing job!

Must DO at Rockys - Have the degustation menu at least one night in the restaurant. Chef Aziz is a genius, his food was world class, and we have eaten all over the world. Ignore any comments about the food being too expensive in the restaurant as they obviously dont live in Australia.

Have as many massages as you can (book early) on the beach front setting. You wont find a better location in Thailand.

My only (petty) criticism would be that we were only able to book a garden view villa in Australia so I put in a request for the garden pool villa. When we checked in the reservations lady told us we were in luck and she could do us a special deal at an extra 1000 Baht per night for the upgrade which we accepted. When I later checked on the web site it is exactly 1000 Baht extra per night for the room, so it wasnt really a "special deal"

It was also a pity that the restaurants were so quite during the evening. I guess everyone goes into Lamai or Chaweng for cheaper dining options. Its a pity because the food and setting in both restaurants is top class.

A suggestion - maybe to create a dining package giving people an all inclusive option? I sure people would more than happy to spend there evenings at the resort if this was the case.

Martin, if you want to email me drew_ross70@hotmail.com I can elaborate on my suggestion.

Overall, if you are going to Koh Samui, do yourself a favour and stay at Rockys - you wont regret it.

Drew

Room Tip: If you have small children a garden pool side villa (preferably ground floor) is a must.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Drewster70

Hi Drew, thank you for your lovely comments, I will email you shortly. And thank you for your constructive thoughts too, they do help us to improve things here at Rockys. We hopr that your journey hope was a pleasant one.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Rocky's rightly deserves its premier listing in the Lamai Beach area where it provides a peaceful haven of serenity from the bustle of Lamai and Charweng Beaches. The resort and rooms are spotlessly clean and the cleverly landscaped architure creates a corner of paradise in which to relax completely. I think it invidious to mention particular staff by name because there is always the danger of missing someone and I believe it is the whole team effort that makes this such an experience; all are absolutely delightful with nothing being too much trouble. The setting and rooms are complimented by very good food and service and I would certainly recommend a Junior Suite Beachfront for that extra special occasion, rooms 306 and 307 are particularly well sited by a small beach and the massage area. I thoroughly agree with previous recent reviews but would offer a couple of small criticisms.

Understandably, the staff do not always fully comprehend so I think their life would be made a little easier if the menus also had Thai written, the 'point' technique might then be more successful. I also think one's experience might be bettered with improved communication. On Saturday we booked a number of activities for the coming week and were told that we could do a cooking course on the following Thursday. Reception confirmed this on Wednesday afternoon and asked for a signature but at 10pm when we collected our key we were told that the kitchen couldn't do it now. This was extremely disappointing because we were leaving the day after and the late advice left no time to try an book an alternative externally. The literature says that if one hires a vehicle through Rocky's it always comes with a full tank and one should leave it full. This is much more satisfactory than the island norm of gaining a leaving an empty tank. Our hire jeep came with an empty tank and the delivery agent had no interest in filling it. The reception staff remedied the problem by ordering another vehicle which came with a full tank but I suggest this should be insisted upon but it is a lot more economical from the hirer's point of view.

Please read these last comments as minor and go to Rocky's and enjoy a wonderful experience.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Nigel Y

Hi Nigel, Thank you for your comments, We hope your journey home was uneventful. We really enjoyed having you here and our lovely little chats.
I do understand your comments regarding communication, we forget sometimes that English is not their native language and the education system is far from perfect, but getting there. I am starting more English classes for all staff from the 1st of April so this will improve things.
The situation with the vehicle hire has been improved, actually they gave you my jeep to use for the two days which I was more than happy to do. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

This was the best resort I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere at Rocky’s is calm and beautiful. The food and staff are amazing! I could talk for hours about Rocky’s and every second word would be amazing…
The wedding that I was lucky enough to be part of was beautiful and sure to be one of my fondest memories.
Dear Rocky's Management, it was lovely to meet you and hold on to Ann. She is very special!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank MichelleK504

Hi Michelle, thank you for your wonderful comments, our staff really do appreciate them, and thanks for the email reply too.
Yes Ann really is wonderful, I don't know what I would do if I lost her. She really is a Gem.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Atmosphere and surroundings - magnificent, especially the attention to detail at night.
Staff - friendly, helpful, lovely.
Accomodation - beautiful

I would recommend this hands down to anyone who wants a special holiday on Koh Samui. What a great spot.

Room Tip: The new garden view rooms are great. If in a group the villas are lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Graham A
Martin_Rockys, General Manager at Rocky's Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Hi Graham, It was great to see you at Rocky's. You and your group were amazing and it was great fun having you all here. Your nice comments are very welcome to our hard working staff.
Take care

10.4 km away
Amari Koh Samui
Amari Koh Samui
#10 of 104 in Chaweng

Been to Rocky's Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!