2,247 results
All reviews garden pool sun hats thai night wedding planner fruit kebabs our honeymoon koh samui on the rocks boutique resort fresh flowers beach front fire dancers bbq night thai dancers cocktail party beach bag thai buffet
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My husband and I went to Rock's for his birthday in November, we had a fantastic stay in lovely relaxed surroundings with some very polite and helpful staff. I highly recommend going out on their boat Josephine, it was a truly memorable day and the place they took us to snorkelling provided a much better experience than the paid excursion we booked with our tour operator. Well worth the money and defiantly on the list to re-visit!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Charattapong, Front Office Manager at Rocky's Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the Josephine Boat trip, we would well maintain our boat and wait for your visiting

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rocky's Boutique Resort.

Best regards,
Rocky's Team

Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed here June 2011 for our honeymoon for 2weeks, I couldn't fault it. The service, rooms, food was just amazing! We had a free island tour as well as a free meal at the Thai Buffett which was once a week. Our accomodation was a beach villa, which was just gorgeous. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough, it was only about a 15min walk to Lamai town & beach. So not far & they did a free shuttle to Chaweng & Lamai too which was handy. I would go back in a flash, an amazing stay & truley gorgeous honeymoon! The breakfast buffett was also just lovely, espcially as the restaurant looks over the ocean. There was so much choice & lots of hot food too that is made to order. The french toast is to die for!!!

Room Tip: Beach villas are worth it as the garden rooms are higher up & its very humid.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mrsfeuer
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We stayed at Rockys for 11 nights to celebrate my birthday in January and it was amazing.This as got to be the best hotel we have ever stayed in and we have travelled to some of the top destinations in the world.The staff in this hotel cannot do anough for you and you are treated as part of one big family.The rooms and gardens are beautiful and a lot of thought as gone into the design.The Fine Dinning and Bistro create some wonderful dishes and they are not to expensive by UK prices.
We did eat out a couple of times and we did not have one bad meal anywhere,even of a street vendor in Lamei,worth a visit even at night you feel safe,barter with the taxis starting low 200 bart.is a must.A couple of restaurants and bars within 10mins. walk, all worth a visit for a change.
We did one trip from the hotel,the 2 island visit by speed boat,very good and well organised and the hotel supply you with a breakfast box foc.very good.Remember Rockys is called this for one reason very little beach,but do not let this put you of,it is a shame they cannot buy the adjacent beach to the right and develop the land.
Weddings!! there was one nearly every day while we were there,they are normally about 4.30pm.they are not a problem,with most of the guests staying within the hotel and mingling with the hotel guests,but there is one small problem,when it is a large wedding the guests tend to take over the entire hotel and the bars cannot cope,but I have to say it was still a very relaxing stay,would we go back a big YES,
A big thank you to Art and Boi who are the managers,who do a brillant job and made our stay memorable and are worth there weight in gold and all staff who made my birthday special.

Room Tip: Room 905 v.good private with garden and sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holli19
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Hard to find a botique hotel with options for both honeymooners and families that will keep both groups happy, but Rocky's succeeds with style. Large villas are great and are hidden behind the sound of waterfalls so noise doesn't travel. Kids room is fun. Food, fun and even a great library all within steps. Service rivals the Four Seasons. Cheap laundry across the road. Great food. Book it before the crowds find out.

Room Tip: Honeymooners would prefer the beach cottages, the villas in the back are great for familes, and they even have a full kitchen. Both locations are very convenient. . One of the nicest places we have stayed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dale G
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I visited Rockys in June 2008, and it has bothered me that I havn't put a review on here sooner, as it really is a great place. The room was large and airy, and very modern, and the whole resort is meticulously maintained. It is small enough to feel boutique and personal, but large enough to have privacy. There are 2 lovely pools, (1 adults only, 1 for families) and while we were there there were never more than 6 people round it, so it was quiet and peaceful. We had bed and breakfast, which was a good option as it is so cheap to eat out in nearby Lamai. The breakfast buffet was huge and of good quality. The only thing I remember not liking too much was the piped music, which was pan pipes, and I find that kind of music very depressing, especially at breakfast time! A bit of reggae of something might liven it up a bit! But thats just my personal taste. Lamai is about 15 mins walk away, and this is quite OK, although can be hard work in the middle of the day when it is hot. Returning there are regular 'Death buses', which you hop on and pay a couple of baht to get home. We also hired a moped, which was a good way to see the island, but please be careful - the Thais are very aggressive drivers and you don't tend to get helmets etc, so we were scooting along in shorts and T-shirt only, a crash would have been horrific. In fact Rockys do not rent out scooters for this exact reason, so I had to go to a local vendor. The beach is OK, but as expected by the name, it is very rocky, so swimming in the sea is difficult, but the actual beach for sunbathing is lovely. Be sure to do some of the trips - we did a jungle safari, which was great, although we did boycott the elephant circus part as we didn't agree with that. We also did a boat trip to Namuang marine national park, whih was quite amazing. Overall I can't wait to return to Koh Samui one day, and now that we have recently become 3 instead of 2 I think we will use Rockys again, as it does seem a good place for kids.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple