Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$204
Expedia.comUS$204
Hotels.comUS$204
CheapTicketsUS$204
TravelocityUS$204
Booking.comUS$204
1,551 results
All reviews banana leaf tapas bar pool bar koh samui garden villa private pool main pool low tide our honeymoon water shoes buffet breakfast pool staff sea view little things thai massage thai restaurant beach side
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 May 2021

Even though it was during the May 2021 covid epidemic, I had a delightful and unforgettable 10-day vacation stay in a private ocean front villa with private pool at the Renaissance Koh Samui Resort. It was a perfect way to get some productive reading and meditation done. I never needed to go into town. The villa main room was large with high ceilings, a long sofa, a large television monitor with HDMI input jack, and quiet air conditioning. The HDMI cable, which I purchased in Bangkok at the MBK center, was used to project stored media and YouTube videos from my smart phone to the television monitor.

The food was delicious and varied. Kuhn Bow and the rest of the Banana Leaf staff were friendly and attentive. The beach Pool also offered a scenic ocean view location for lunch, as well as the Tawann restaurant with its unique seafood dishes for dinner. The fitness center was well equipped and located in a building next to a lap pool.

I have no hesitation highly recommending the Renaissance Koh Samui Resort.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank Pioneer828930
Rattapol Ratthaphothiwat, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Dear Pioneer828930,

Greetings from the Renaissance Koh Samui.

Thank you for sharing your fantastic review with us on TripAdvisor. My team and I are very glad to be part of your wonderful moment during your 10 days' vacation.

It is always encouraging to learn that you were enjoyable with our resort, meals and staff services especially to K.Bow (F&B). Your kind compliments have been shared to our team and this helps us a lot how to focus deliver excellent customer service.

At Renaissance Koh Samui, we want you to always provide something wonderfully new to discover and we look forward to see you again and discover Samui island more and more.

For now, I wish you have a wonderful day and stay safe from the Covid 19.

Reviewed 21 May 2021

Unable to travel out of country during the pandemic, my wife (Thai) and I (American) decided to stay for a weekend at Renaissance Koh Samui, so we drove from Bangkok and took the ferry from the mainland. Driving onto the ferry was easy, there was no need to buy tickets ahead of time and these big ferries are clean and comfortable. The word for Koh Samui during March this year is 'quiet'. The Renaissance is on the opposite side of the island from the ferry landing but still we arrived within minutes of disembarking from the ferry.

This Renaissance Resort Hotel is on a small road, away from what might normally be rather lively beach communities. Entering the resort, we felt we were in a secluded garden oasis, with traditional style throughout. Gardens and common areas were impeccable, well designed high quality, and well maintained. In the room, sheets and bedding were five star.

And then we noticed the hospitality. Staff were universally polite, and energetic. Throughout our two night stay, we felt genuine warmth. While so many staff offered exemplary service, I'd like to mention our housekeeping staff, Poo. She kept our spacious ocean view room spotless, and somehow anticipated our needs.

Dinners at Tawann were adventures, in the best sense. We enjoyed seafood and several Thai dishes that neither my wife nor I knew. These were delicious. Experience great food in a lush garden setting if the weather is good, and enjoy gracious service. Everything there was excellent.

With rainy season approaching in late March, afternoon showers do happen. We were caught in a sudden shower one afternoon at the pool. Staff quickly came to us with umbrellas and we decided to wait out the storm at the bar located between pool and beach. Beverages were well prepared and refreshing. Rain soon stopped, and our spirits were high as we walked through lush gardens to take a break before dinner.

Anyone looking for a break from the Bangkok metropolis can experience the best of Thai style and hospitality, without stress, at Renaissance. I suspect the property will be fully booked after people are allowed to enter Thailand without quarantine. For now, the hotel felt as safe from Covid 19 as home.

Date of stay: March 2021

Dear michaelcH5776HJ,

Thank you very much for your awesome review and for staying with us at the Renaissance Koh Samui Resort and Spa.

I am happy to hear that you and your wife had a great experience with us and that our team left you with only the best memories. We are so glad too that you enjoyed with our pool villa and of course our hotel’s landscape is one of the highlights.

Thank you for the comment at the TawaNN restaurant. This is something that our Food and Beverage and Kitchen team are proud of and will keep this up to ensure you and other guests will have a great dinner experience.

We hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Billy Rattapol

Reviewed 17 May 2021

Being American and frequently visited the Marriott properties in the Caribbean, my level of expectation was set to their standards and then discounted a bit knowing the hotel would not be in full operation during the pandemic. But Wow oh WOW, did this property far exceed those expectations!
We reached out to the staff prior to arrival to inform this was our anniversary and that my wife and I had not seen each other since before the pandemic. That's right, she is Thai, I'm American and we last saw each other Feb 2020...thanks a lot covid. The Renaissance was to be our destination to reunite. We splurged and reserved one of their beachfront pool villas and believe me when I say, THE PICTURES POSTED ONLINE DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE AT ALL! We chose to stay in the secluded "more private" section...it was like having our own house on the beach surrounded by lush tropical gardens. The inhouse staff takes care of all the gardens around the property and it really shows. You can tell many of the other properties outsource theirs. There was another room option with a more face-forward view and over the main pool & restaurant, this would be fun for a time to be social and be seen, maybe next trip. The room setup is really quite elegant, of course the super comfy Marriott beds and the extremely attentive staff always available.
Even though we were 1 of maybe 10 rooms occupied in the entire hotel, there was always a great dining option or 2 available without the crowds. The beach was always empty, it felt like it was private to just us. Anyway, if you can make it here, do it, you wont be disappointed.

Great water pressure! We immediately missed the water pressure when we stayed at other hotels. Only Marriott seems to really put focus on this abroad. Thanks Mr. M!

Few tips for those traveling during the pandemic...It's currently May 17th, 2021 and Thailand is increasing pandemic control just about weekly.
Samui is much much more open and accessible than BKK/Pattaya. We ended up extending our stay on Samui an additional month because BKK kept getting tighter and tighter lockdowns. Live on the beach! Enjoy the slow change of pace, admire that almost everywhere feels like its private just for you.

Have cash always, preferably 100 and 500 baht bills. Almost nowhere outside the resort takes credit card and it's hard to use their 1000b bills, but that's what the banks want to give you when you exchange money.

Bring or buy water shoes for sure. some beaches have lots of little broken shells. Others have various rocks or coral that could be accidentally stepped on. and some are a mixture of sand and silt so it can be a bit squishy down there between the toes without shoes.

Things not to expect:
Dont look for exciting events, live music, crowds partying or gathering. Don't look for packed bars or nightclubs. If this is what you want, go to Florida
The Gulf of Thailand's emerald water is beautiful and most of the beaches (including at the Renaissance) are extremely shallow very far out. This is amazing for non-swimmers or beginners, like my wife. The water isn't quite as clear and deep as the Caribbean so you have to take an awesome boat trip out a bit to find snorkeling. And diving is on the neighboring island of Koh Tao....SWIM WITH WHALE SHARKS! AND/OR DIVE THE WRECK!

Date of stay: April 2021

Dear theRDF,

Greetings from Renaissance Koh Samui.

Thank you for having chosen us as the resort of choice for your stay and appreciate you taking time to provide such a review and what a great review it is. In addition, thank you for your useful tips for other travelers who plan to visit Koh Samui, this is really helpful.

It looks like you and your wife had a truly wonderful experience with us for all outlets we have and remember well for all scenarios you and your wife experienced with our team members, very impressive. We also appreciate your feedback about our room and services. I have shared this to my team and this has helped our team to continued delivering memorable experience to our guests.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to our Renaissance Koh Samui.

Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

We stayed with a family of 3 at this hotel. Initial plan was 2 weeks but we extended to 3 weeks due to a covid outbreak in Bangkok. Overall this was one of the best Hotel experiences I had.

Room:
We stayed at a beach front villa - super nice room, super comfortable bed and a perfect ocean view. Overall great! One very very minor point to note is that the door is a nice big wood door, but the design makes it hard to open to the inside as it doesn’t have a handle. As i said VERY minor - nothing that would impact my 5* rating on the room

Hotel:
Well maintained with a beautiful garden, nice big pool and good facilities (Gym is small but fit for purpose). Even during Covid the hotel went the extra mile to provide a great experience with social distant movies at the beach. The beach itself is beautiful and they have standup paddle as well kayaks but it has to be noted if you look for a beach to really swim the bay is usually to shallow for that - but for children prefect to play. When we had to stay for 1 week and both my wife and I had to work from the hotel remotely and my son did online school, they found tables and chairs so we had workspaces there.

Food:
All food was of the highest quality. While choices were understandability limited (During low occupancy I understand that the chef need to limit the ingredients to manage cost - the food that was there for 3 weeks was ALWAYS yummy, never felt bored of it and prepared with a lot of attention to detail. Breakfast was well stocked and also well prepared.

Overall management:
Always structured and well managed - e.g. when we checked out after 3 weeks we had a lot of bills, the staff of the reception desk prepared the bill so each and every of the big stack of bills was exactly in the same order so it was VERY easy to check - needless to say everything was in perfect order. Everything was smooth, well organized and with the customer experience at heart!

What really made the difference is the level of caring by the staff. I have stayed a lot in upper scale hotels for family and business travel but this was a unique experience. The staff really cared - one example was when there was a socially distant movie night at the beach my son and wife had a more comfortable beanbag. One of the staff saw I was on the smaller one and without me saying anything went all the way to get me a better more comfortable one without me even asking. This is just on of many many examples. My son 7 years old made friends with many of the staff and was really sad when we left and was asking if we can visit his friends again - big shoutout to Tom, Woddy, Tony, Dome, Nan, Kong, Bow and all the other staff from gardener to cleaner - a truly different experience beyond the normal levels of hospitality! THANK YOU for making this stay memorable

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank DennisT78

Dear DennisT78,

Thank you for having chosen Renaissance Koh Samui as the resort of choice for your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your great feedback. We can clearly see how much time you spent with us over 3 weeks with great experience and the Renaissance Koh Samui is one of the best selections.

I am so glad to hear that you and your family had an unforgettable experience with us and that my team left you and your family with only the best memories such as a movie night, pool bar with Dome, Nan, Tom and breakfast moment with all F&B and Kitchen team.

Again we look forward to making your re-visit to Renaissance Koh Samui Resort and Spa a memory to last forever.

Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel from 11-13th and it was such a memorable experience. Service, hospitality, food everything is excellent. Staff are amazing, so helpful. We needed something from 7-11 around 10 pm, it was kind of emergency and the road was very dark and empty. One of the staffs in the front desk arranged for us the hotel shuttle to go to the 7-11.
Special mention of K. Okay who made sure our check in and check out was smooth and hassle free. And also helped us in making the reservation to Coco Tam restaurant.
I would love to go back to Renaissance.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rattapol Ratthaphothiwat, General Manager at Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

Dear ritu293916,

I am happy to hear that you had a great experience with us and that our associates left you with only the best memories especially arranging the shuttle van to 7-11 for you at late night time. We are so glad too that you enjoyed our daily breakfast at Banana leaf. This is something that our Food and Beverage and Kitchen team are proud of and will keep this up to ensure you and other guests will have a great experience.

We hope that we can welcome you back again in the future. 8 Days a week, it's not enough to show we care.