I am not sure why this place has received some bad reviews. I can understand if there is the occassional issue with staff as this hotel has not been open long so many of the staff may still be in training. We stayed here at the very end of our trip and it was a pleasant surprise. We arrived very depressed as we had just left a wonderful spot in Koh Tao and we did not want to leave. But all good holidays must end right? So when we arrived we were greeted with smiles and kindness that instantly perked up our spirits. Also, when you enter the resort you realise it has definitely been built around the element water which I find incredibly relaxing. I found the resort grounds very peaceful and I look forward to returning one day as anyone can find some zen at this place.
We were upgraded to a bigger room which was a welcome surprise. I did get a chance to see their "standard" room and this would have been fine as well. I found both room types lovely. They have all the accomodations one would need on a holiday. The outdoor/indoor bathrooms were light, airy and immaculately clean. The bed was SUPER COMFY. It was like sleeping in a cloud.
The menu choices at the restaurant and spa were abundant and we loved every dish we tried. I have to say I have stayed at many Le Meridiens over the years and the massages at each one are brilliant...so be sure to try one!
Overall this is a great spot to choose for your next holiday. I can say I am looking forward to returning very soon! Thanks for a great end to my holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Agoda and TravelUp so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach, Thailand