All reviewssharp rockssea viewno elevatorkoh samuilamai centremodern roomscourtesy busfamily martfitness roomswimming poolcoffee machinereception staffthe main roadvery nice stayvery nice hotelthe hotel offerslovely pool
Reviewed 12 June 2018

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Nathakan T, General Manager at Mercure Koh Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Very pleasant hotel, nice pool, pleasant staff. The office manager Ms. Rose would do anything make your stay comfortable. Since it states Beach Resort and you booked like me imagining a nice beach you will be disappointed. Rocky with sharp stones. As for the rooms very nice except if you staying for a longer period and needed to un pack your case you would have a problem. Enough hanging space but nothing else. No shelves or draws.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We had a three night stay in the Mercure in Koh Samui, had everything we needed. Breakfast wasn't amazing but it filled a gap until lunch. Staff were super friendly and the hotel was really clean. Simple walk to the beach and town centre for food.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We reserved this Hotel 4 months ago for our 25th wedding anniversary.

We are in room 1305 1st floor facing the generator room. We complained due to fumes. Front desk people just smile at you and say there is nothing they can do for us.
Did not think I would be spending a romantic vacation inhaling exhaust fumes. Avoid this room.

Room is nice. Staff is friendly.
Beach is beautiful because Thailand is beautiful, however beach area is not maintained at all. Glass from broken bottles on sand.
Morning buffet is very basic but It is tasty.

Sad to say but not sure I will recommend this Hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I sent an email a week before mentioning the birthday so when we checked in they had upgraded us to a beach view room which was lovely. The breakfast was very nice, small buffet of hot food, mixture of Thai and American options which were changed every day. Eggs made to order, fruits, pastries, juice, coffee machine.
The pool area was very nice, plenty of sun loungers. The bar staff were very friendly, cocktail prices were reasonable for a hotel bar. They knew about the birthday and brought a personalised birthday cake. There is a shuttle that takes you into town that runs every hour or so which saved us a fortune. Taxis in Samui are so much more expensive than Bangkok.
The not so good bits of this place is the noise from the road. The first night we were there it was so loud I hardly slept but then the next two nights we hardly heard anything so I'm not sure if it just wasn't as loud or if I so tired I just fell straight to sleep. When it says hotel on the beach, it does lead onto a small secluded beach but it wasn't nice at all, not maintained, full of rubbish. This beach isn't part of the main Lamai beach, you have to walk about 10 mins up the road to it which is worth the walk if you fancy a beach day. The location of the hotel is quite out the way, there's a few shops and restaurants 5 mins walk away but not much. We had a nice stay here but I don't think I'd stay here again just because of the noise and the location.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple