“Awesome spit roasted lamb! ”
Review of Gorgones - CLOSED

Gorgones
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Had the swordfish filet and spit roasted lamb. Both were awesome! That lamb was incredibly tender.

Portions are big though. The Greek salad and lamb is enough for 2.

We thought about going there a second time for the lamb, but ended up down by the harbor.. big mistake.. should've had the lamb again..

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I discovered this place by chance. And what kind of amazing discovery! I loved it and I had the most delicious and pleasant dinner of the holiday.
First of all the location is characteristic and colourful. The bar close to the restaurant plays beautiful jazz music, which made my dinner great.
The waiter is really kind: he offered my mom two servings of beer and after dinner a plate of watermelon.
In the menu there are not many dishes but in my opinion this is what makes the restaurant even more genuine. We had a gorgones salad (three different salads with tomatoes, mushrooms, local cheese and a balsamic dressing) which they serve with bread and an olive pate. Then we took two "today's special" plates: pork with plums and grilled swordfish. They were both amazing: we loved it. Finally I took one glass of ouzo. I had no problems because of my intolerance to gluten (I'm celiac and the dinner was ok for me).
Everything costs us 42€. Do I have to say more? Gorgones, thank you for this dinner, we will come back again!

Locale scoperto per caso ma che bellissima scoperta! Location caratteristica, bella musica jazz proveniente dal locale accanto e personale meraviglioso.
In due abbiamo ordinato un'insalata Gorgones (mix di insalate con pomodori, formaggio locale grattugiato e dressing all'aceto balsamico), due piatti del giorno (pescespada grigliato e maiale con le prugne), una birra e dell'acqua. La casa ha offerto pane e pate di olive, una seconda birra, del melone e l'ouzo.
Tutto questo per 42€. Che dire? Posto fantastico, ha reso la nostra cena speciale e sicuramente lo ricorderemo sempre. Consigliatissimo a tutti, compresi i celiaci (io ho cenato senza problemi).

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

What a gem !! Fantastic food!! Olive pate with bread greek cheese pie dolmades big beans tsatziki greek salad...service was perfect would defo recommend this place ...

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

If you fancy a big steak here would be a great choice comes with a lovely mushroom sauce. Beef stifado tasty but the spit roast chicken a little dry my friend pointed out but lots of it just the same. Just below a jazz bar which opens till late. The best way to find the resturant in my opion would be to locate the only alley from the port going back selling goods on and follow up then when the church is on your left look right and it's right there on the steps and great little find. Would return.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

One of the most beautiful restaurant and very very good food and service:))
I will go again
I recommend to go there!!!

1  Thank Biser L