“Amazing traditional Italian food”
Review of Don Gelato

Don Gelato
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Stanford
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Oh wow, you must come here when visiting the area.
The service is amazing, friendly and knowledgeable and the food is to die for.
We tried both the pizza and the pasta and we're blown away, you can taste the fresh ingredients.

Date of visit: February 2018
A5324OLinfo, General Manager at Don Gelato, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Helen,
thank you very much for your beautiful review; really appreciated and makes us glad when a client is so happy about his experience with us.
Looking forward to welcome you again at La Trattoria, next time you are in the area :-)
Ciao,
Lionello

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Let me start out saying that I love, love, love gelato and ice cream. I’ll have it during any season, it replaces any meal and I find it truly difficult to pass a shop without having atleast one scoop.

Don Gelato had a decent variety of homemade Italian gelato on offer. It included sorbet.

I had the cassata and nutella flavours while my husband had a chocolate and cookie, and nutella. Two scoops in a tub cost R50.

The gelato was smooth and creamy but I wouldn’t say it was the best I’ve ever had. The nutella flavour wasn’t the trademark Nutella so they should rather not market it as Nutella flavour.

No card facility so be sure to bring cash along.

If I am in the area I might pop in again, but then again Hermanus isn’t that much further and they have better options and flavour.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Hmadre_
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Friendly efficient service and exceptional gelato. Variety is fantastic and full cream and eggs used in the process. Quality products

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Best ice cream and sorbet in the world! The sorbet is fantastic for dairy free diets too. All home-made with a delicious variety of flavors. An absolute must visit!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

A great treat even on a grey and cold Saturday afternoon. Good quality and friendly service. Thank you.

Date of visit: September 2017