“Waste of time”

Chane Cheese Farm & Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 things to do in Mtubatuba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer: Restaurant, Farm Shop, Kids Play Area, Cheese Tours, Mini Golf, Self catering accommodation, Wedding Venue, Team Building, Open 7 days a week. Cheese Tours - inquire inside farm shop of available times
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A very disappointing visit which we chose to do at the end of our stay in St Lucia. On arrival, we looked around the little shop and found everything but cheese. Then my wife found a bottle of sauce she fancied and asked the cashier where it could be tasted. We were guided to a small platter hidden amongst the trinkets in the shop where my wife took a cracker and tasted her sauce ...

Within minutes a staff member arrived and rudely told her that tasting was only for people going on the cheese tour ...

I take it they dont sell much cheese there, considering we visited it as 3 families and walked out with a bottle of sauce and a cooldrink - NO CHEESE

1  Thank Chad R
"chane"
"varieties"
"game"

Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I've been many times to this lovely farm, and it's one of my favourite places to be in the St.Lucia area because it makes your heart feel calm, relaxed and happy. Today I was met in the gift shop by a wonderful girl called Karina who welcomed me and chatted to me as I walked around looking at the lovely paintings, jewellery and tasting the cheeses that they have on offer. They've upgraded this place since last I was here to include animal enclosures where they have the coolest, most friendly goats, ducks, rabbits and ostriches. I had a cider and an enormous slice of lemon meringue pie which I have to say was the best I've ever tasted! Just a lovely, spiritual, animal friendly, beautiful space to enjoy peace and quiet during a hectic day.

1  Thank wjw2018
Nicky J, Owner at Chane Cheese Farm & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

thank you so much for visiting our farm and I will give my chef the message about her Lemon Merinque Pie :) Hope to see u soon
Phillip & Nicky

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean premises. You can however smell that you are on a farm which is expected. Make sure you are hungry before coming here. Huge burgers and sandwiches. Cheese is home made on the farm from goats milk. Worth the detour from the road. Lots of play area for kiddies.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Perhaps I expected more of the place... We were on holiday in St Lucia and decided to give the cheese farm a go. I can't complain about the quality of the food, but found it rather expensive for the portion size. But their actual downfall is their service. I did not get the feel that their waiters are professional and our order took forever. I food arrived without any cutlery and we had to ask for this and condiments and tried to get hold of our waiter several times.

We also paid to play putt putt (we have a 12 year old son). The course is unplayable. One should not charge if you know that there is no way that the ball will stay on the course. The 9 course needs more than just a little attention. The holes in the ground is not limited to the holes for the actual ball. Rocks that should form the sides of the course is missing, making it virtually impossible to keep the ball in play.

I should score them lower, but as the food weren't all that bad, average is only a fair score. But I won't have this on my TO DO list for my next visit to this region.

1  Thank Suzann P
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I took out 7 Grandsons on a North Zululand Tour and this Cheese Farm was a stop Over for lunch .
I did not expect much at all wondering how many people we would find .
We were so pleasantly surprised
At least 10 -20 vehicles visiting for lunch .
They serve the most delicious Pizzas
Very family friendly .
The pool alongside the deck is pleasant .
Our boys all swam .
The pool is beautifully clean and children friendly .
The resident shop sells normal tourists products and the farm cheeses they manufactured .
This is advertised as a Cheese Farm .
They also have accomodation and a wedding venue .I asked the owner Nikki who was serving in the shop how long they had been there . 7 years she said .
The staff are pleasant .
In fact I must mention that all staff wherever we visited on our 2 day tour in St Lucia area were super friendly making it a pleasure to visit the area .
In fact we visited a few accomodation venues in St Lucia asking for a place to stay over , and although they were all fully booked they were all so pleasant and helpful .
“ please sit down in our lounge and google or phone for other venues from here “
Now that is unusual !!
Visit this Cheese Farm the Pizzas are TOP CLASS

Nicky J, Owner at Chane Cheese Farm & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

I would like to thank you for this beautiful review and that u enjoyed our farm and food. Nicky & Phillip