Hotel Minoa(Katapola)
Amorgaia 2(Katapola)
Amorgos Pearls(Katapola)
All reviewsbaypensionhostviewisland
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Arriving at the Katapola bay Mr. Fanis was waiting to escort us to his Pension. He was really polite and talkative as well as very helpful with the surroundings and the island visits in general. When he showed us our room the first thing to notice was the amazing view to the Katapola bay and how clean it was. It is definately my recommendation to those who visit Amorgos island and a value for money Pension.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Directly behind the harbor, a couple of stairs up, this pension is built on several terraces with view of the harbor and bay. The higher you get, the better the view, and the more sun you will get.
Owner is super friendly, the rooms are spacious and clean. Each has a small terrace or veranda and there is also a common terrace with great view and books (in several languages) to share. WiFi is included, although it doesn't work everywhere. The only drawback is the refrigerator in the room that at least in my case was a bit loud. Or maybe it's just another sign of the otherwise perfect quietness of this lovely spot.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2016

I stayed at the Big blue for a week with my wife. The room was large and very clean. In the room we found a boiler and tableware for 2 people. We also had a balcony with a small round table and two chairs. The view from the balcony was very nice. The owner pick us up at the port when we arrived and he also helped us with one of the luggage. I don't speek greek but my wife does and she said that he was extremely gentle (I had the same impression even if I could not speak). The rooms are also covered by wifi signal although in some point the signal become weak, the best place to connect for us was the balcony. The rooms have air conditioning in case it's too hot. The room, during the night, can be very dark if one use the outdoor shutter, this is perfect for people that need absolute darkness to sleep. Our room was cleaned every day and also the bed was made every day. The place is populated with few friendly cats, it was very nice to have them around during the breakfast although they can jump on you (and sit on you) even if not invited.
In summary really liked my stay there and I recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Lovely people, a wonderful view on the town and bay and a very clean and cheap accommodation. I would totally recommend it to travellers looking for an authentic, private yet welcoming experience in Katapola, Amorgos.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

We arrived at Amorgos without reservation and luckily Phannis found us at the port and suggest us his place. The room is simple but clean, the bathroom is quite big and there is AC and Wi Fi. We really enjoyed the view on Katapola bay from our balcony! The fridge is very convenient and our bed was cleaned up every day. Phannis and his family were very welcoming. Good surprise :) !

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple