“Local pub”
Review of The Robin Hood Pub

The Robin Hood Pub
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Aughton
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Good local home cooked food with big portions & great atmosphere :) This pub is great for any age for food or drinks.

All reviews
"landlord"
"ales"
"quiz"

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed the food and atmosphere here tonight. We were a large booking for a family birthday and they handled it faultlessly. The food was proper home Home cooked food! none of that chain pub rubbish, I had the slow cooked pork belly with mashed potatoes, black pudding, vegetables and gravy which was juicy and falling apart but crackled on the top and a great size portion. My missus had the scampi and that was lovely served with hand cut chip shop style chips and peas. The prices were really good for the quality of the food, We’ll definitely be returning. The rest of our family were all impressed as well and between us I don’t think there could have been many dishes left on the menu that at least one of us haven’t ordered tonight

Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was my second visit to this pub and on both occasions the food chosen was well cooked and both the plate and food were good and hot. I also enjoyed a large glass of Malbec. The menu card on my table was a bit worse for wear (food stained) so I hope the cards will be replaced soon.

Now for the place itself. The entry from the street is level and there is a table/seating area near the bar. The larger eating area, however, is accessed by a small flight of stairs (around six steps) with a handrail on either side. This is the area where I sat and it is pleasantly furnished.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE DISABLED. They do not have a loo with access for the disabled. There is a small flight of steps to the gent's loo but access to the ladies's loo is level.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Eight of us went for Mothers Day. The place was rammed but I suppose that is to be expected. They showed us directly to our table where one of us had to sit with the standard lamp knocking against her head. There was no where to put it but it. (Too Full) Behind us a table was taken and between them they had 5 very loud screaming children who carried on regardless of anyone else. Most of us had the roast, not one person enjoyed it they said it was bland. I had the lamb and i have never eaten lamb so tough. I thought everything else was tasteless. We couldn't wait to get out because of the constant noise so no one had a pudding. It spoilt what should have been a lovely day. All of us said we will not be returning.
One good thing the waitress and bar staff were very pleasant, just a pity the food wasn't.

2  Thank PBBSheffield
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Very nice pub serving good hearty Sunday lunches & also very tasty homemade pies. Very clean interior, with pleasant staff both behind the bar & in front. Theakstons Barrista stout on draught is also well worth a try, nice chocolatey taste. We visited at 12 noon, & the bar & separate eating area were already full, a good sign of a popular local pub serving good food. Well worth a visit if you in the area.