Review Highlights
Airport pickup

Reliable, friendly and on time. Used twice for an airport pickup and drop off. Would definitely... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
78maggied
via mobile
Great service and good Driver

We had a great drive from Knock Airport to Donegal. The price was really ok, the service great and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
nicoz548
via mobile

All reviews knock airport fantastic service return journey county mayo car hire taxi company damien galway driver ireland
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2021

My husband and I holidayed in County Mayo very recently and needed to get to the Belmullet area from Knock Airport. We considered hiring a car but were so very pleased to discover the fantastic service being offered by Ireland West Taxis. Damien the owner answered our emails promptly and efficiently which gave us much confidence. We were delighted to be met at Knock Airport by our driver PJ who drove us to our destination. On our return journey Damien was ready and waiting for us when we arrived at the pick up point. The service was simply excellent and we would have no hesitation in recommending Damien and his company.

Date of experience: October 2021
1  Thank Melanie168
Irelandwesttaxis, Owner at Ireland West Taxis & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2021

Hey guys. Thank you for your wonderful review. Hopefully you'll keep us in mind for all future trips to the west of Ireland. Regards Damien.

Reviewed 9 July 2020

Initially I thought it was a great idea taxi men running their own services, but now I’ve gotten a phone call being charged with a taxi fare from two weeks ago when the taxi driver was the one who had said its paid for when it wasn’t. It was on my account but my boyfriend got the taxi and now we’re being made pay the €30 ?? I understand accidents happen and we pay for taxis we didn’t try not pay, I just think the taxi man who made the mistake should pay the fare Seeing as we done nothing wrong and had the money then but don’t now. Never again gonna support this app absolute joke.

Date of experience: June 2020
Irelandwesttaxi, Owner at Ireland West Taxis & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2020

Hi Karen.

Thank you for taking time to write this review. Its a shame that you didn't take the time to make sure that you were reviewing the correct company.

I have been closed since the 16th of March due to the current pandemic and we have only reopened on the 1st of August and you can imagine my disappointment to login to my TripAdvisor account to discover a review for a service I didn't provide.

Also I see you said you have an account with that taxi company and you booked through their app.

We don't provide accounts for passengers and we certainly don't have a App for bookings.

Also I can confirm that I never had a conversation with you regarding a outstanding balance of €30.

Anyhow I think that your issue with what ever company you used was with the fact that you had to pay for a service that they provided you with and even they don't deserve a bad review as you didn't seem to have a issue with the service it was just the fact you were asked to pay for the service they provided.

Regards Damien

Reviewed 19 February 2020

This company is amazing my father was travailing from London and we arranged for a great and meet at Ireland knock airport on the day of departing he found out his flight had been cancelled due to a coming storm and he had to travel to Dublin and Ireland west taxis and tours actually contacted my father and told him what he can do to make sure he gets to where he needs to go even gave him directions to a local bus firm we eventually got my father to knock airport at 3am in the morning may I add !!! and he was greeted by a wonderful man who was on the other end of the phone every second my father needed him during his time away the customer service of this company is unbelievable I could not recommend them more they are amazing !!!! My dad will defiantly be returning again and be using this company every-time you will never find another company who care about there clients more the amount of effort and time they spent calling us in London to help us with our trip they helped us with things that wasn’t even there problem seriously I was so surprised I thought it was to good to be true

And to top it of there pricing !!!! Is amazing so cheap for the quality of service they provide

Date of experience: February 2020

Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

Me & my friend booked an airport return from Knock to Ballina. Drivers extremely punctual. Both drivers were really friendly and was giving us information on the local area and really good recommendations on where to eat/drink. As we had extra time before our flight, the driver who returned us to the airport went out of his way to take us to JJ Finans in Charlestown to visit and we had a pint of Guinness. Unreal experience as I'm a big Liam Gallagher fan. Memories we will not forget. I would not hesitate to use again.

Date of experience: January 2020
Irelandwesttaxi, Owner at Ireland West Taxis & Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2020

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

A very pleasent trip, an exellent and very reliable service. We were able to get bookings at short notice.
Would definitley use them again and highly recommed them.
Damien Scally took all the stress out of our travelling experience. We had family members traveling on different dates but Damien was at the arrivals to recieve everytime.

Date of experience: December 2019