1,521 results
All reviews garden villa cave trip fish village visit sea plane the yasawa flyer outdoor bathroom dive shop crab local village communal dining meal plan lodge rooms kids club shark dive nacula village yasawa islands
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

What can I say paradise on earth the water crystal clear amazing snorkeling the beach and the spot was worth the long ferry. We arrived with a huge group of people and they efficiently and quickly got all of us into our rooms. We then had lunch what can I say the food there was amazing five star quality. Except for the one night it was a A’lacate dinner... food was restraunt quality but unfortunately portions was small and unfulling didn’t help when ur swimming and snorkeling the whole day. But besides that we were always full and the food was mermorable and good portions. Also the owner introduced himself to everyone at some point and asked us how our stay is this was nice but didn’t need to be lurking all the time. And please fix the hammocks in the shared complex they were touching the ground. Also not enough beach beds for the amount of guests would go a long way adding 3 more. Staff friendly and helpful facilities nice free paddle boards and snorkeling gear to hire so although it was expensive the resort itself it was well worth it. The location makes the place not much to fault.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zaaz56
Matthew C, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear zaaz56,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay with us. From your comments I can see how much you enjoyed the resort and our lagoon. I hope we can welcome you back again if your travels see you returning to the Yasawas.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Snorkeling was good straight from the beach and the activities were great fun. A fantastic holiday with our kids (7 and 10 years). The food was lovely, lots to choose from with beautiful salads and burgers as well as curries and noodles. We all climbed up the volcano on the one cloudy day we had. We had great weather and there was no wind, apart from a sea breeze in the evening. The best part is that there is no 'large hotel' feel at all at Blue Lagoon.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank amans003
Matthew C, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear amans003,
Thank you for your posting your kind comments and observations from your recent holiday at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort. From your post I can see that you greatly enjoyed your stay. I hope we can welcome you and your family back again the next time you holiday in Fiji.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

This was my first island stop and it diz not disappoint! Although i didnt have any expectations.

Stayed in a dorm.. it was all single beds and no bunk beds!! The room was spacious enough and cane with 2 towels which was a luxury! The showers and toilets were next door. The showers could be better but it was big and spacious.

The food was really good!! A la carte for the dinners and bbq buffet lunch. Entertainment in the evenings.

The staff are friendly, nice and helpful and remember your names :)

The beach is lovely as well as the clear blue waters. Absolutely beautiful.

There is also a pool.. which could be better but the sunbathing area around the pool was nice and comfy.

I would highly recommend this place, although it is full of couples and families there are solo travellers too who you do meet!

Lots of free activies throughout the day too.. free snorkel, free SUP and yoga.

I would also recommend the island hike!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Dear DaisyN91,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the accommodation in the dorm but also all the resort had to offer with dining and activities.
I hope we can welcome you back again the next time you return to the Yasawa's.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We visited Blue Lagoon Resort for my birthday with 3 adult children. I spent considerable time researching where to stay in Fiji and I was not disappointed. We loved Blue Lagoon Beach Resort.

We travelled to the resort by boat, which is quite a long journey, our return to Nadi was by seaplane which was great and much quicker. On our arrival, we were greeted with a welcome drink friendly staff singing.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom Palm Villa, which was very spacious and accommodated 3 adults perfectly. With a day bed, hammock and lounges. We loved the open air shower and bathroom, our villa was cleaned beautifully every day by Amalie. We were 10 meters from the beach and lagoon, perfect!

We loved the staff at BLBR, who were so incredibly accommodating and genuine. The service at the resort is fabulous. Everybody wears a smile on their face and there is nothing they won't do to make you feel welcome. We absolutely loved the staff here. Many are from the local villages. Too many wonderful staff to mention everyone but some of our favs were Mike, Dan and Joe, Matt the general manager always takes the time to greet and chat with guests every evening and works very hard to look after all aspects of the resort in a friendly and efficient manner.

We took the day trip to the caves and day the trip to visit the local village and school, a wonderful heartwarming experience. My husband and son also did a couple of dives, we learnt vovo weaving by a local village lady, cooking classes, hiking. One of the main reasons for choosing BLBR was the wonderful coral reef literally out our front door. There are so many colourful fish and thousands of them! The coral is stunning. We snorkelled everyday, sometimes 3 times a day! The water is so warm. It is a paradise setting

The food was really good here, we knew it would be heavily focused around local produce, but had no idea that the quality of food, service and menu range could be so high. The lunch menu has lots of variety and has lunch specials every day, dinner is a 3 course al la carte and they have a BBQ twice a week to change it up a bit. Friday’s dinner is a traditional Fijian Lovo offering where the food is cooked in the ground. Breakfast is a buffet with eggs, pikelets, crepes, sausages, bacon, beans, toast, cereal, and fruit.
We also loved the Kava & singing every night during and after dinner and especially the staff choir on Sunday night. Such beautiful voices.

Unfortunately near the end of our stay were caught up in cyclone Josie, which posed some travel problems and the staff did their very best to help under a difficult situation.

We loved our family holiday at Blue Lagoon Resort, the reef location and beach is stunning and the lovely friendly Fijian staff the icing on the cake. We hope to return! Thank you!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank ozegirl
Matthew C, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear ozegirl,
Thank you for posting your kind comments and observations from your recent stay with us. I was particularly pleased to read how many different facets of the resort you experienced... and enjoyed. It was a pleasure to catch up during your stay and I look forward to being able to welcome you back again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Vinaka & Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This place is ok but we didn’t feel like we received anything near what we paid for or in line with what other islands we stayed, offered for the same cost. We stayed in the Garden Villa which is a nice well kept room but on arrival and check out it seemed we were a problem for the front desk staff. We were given no introduction about the island, where to find anything or what was going on and to top it off we had a lovely wake up call from a painter that decided that our veranda needed its ceiling painted at dawn while also covering the day bed in spots of paint. Altogether underwhelming

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mrsheephead1986
Matthew C, General Manager at Blue Lagoon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Mrssheephead1986,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback from your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. While occupancy was quite high during your recent stay, I do apologize unreservedly if our team did not have the opportunity to properly convey a welcome and briefing to assist with your orientation upon arrival. I appreciate your comments regarding our maintenance staff. While his technique has obviously left a lot to be desired, he was simply responding to a request from our housekeeping team. I do apologize that this disturbed your mid morning.
Thank you again, and I do hope you enjoyed your stay among the Yasawas.